Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Piston Millimeter Size for turbo K20a3

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Cjones5050 
#1 ·
Hey I just have a simple question,

I am getting a parts list together for a 2004 base RSX K20a3 engine turbo build.

I already know I'm going to go with a set of 10 to 1 pistons ( haven't decided which brand yet ). My question lies with the decision of what millimeter size to go with? And yes, I'm going with upgraded wrist pins before you ask. Lol.

I'm just not even sure what the differences/advantages are with different the different choices.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Trying to do this right. I have plenty of time.

#2 ·
are you getting the block sleeved?
FSM says 0.25mm max rebore of the block so i think your stuck with 86mm unless you sleeve it.

back in the day i did a turbo build for my homie's ep3. i had ERL build the a3 block. the engine was sleeved. swapped to a a2 crank.
pistons were 86.5

#3 ·
Thanks for that info. I don't know why it's so hard for me to put together wuestions for Google to understand what I'm asking. ?

I'm guessing sleeving the block would be a better way to go performance/reliability wise. So I'll probably sleeve it out like you did yours and use the same MM pistons you did.

Now I have to find a reliable machine shop and research a boost by gear setup.

Thanks again!

#4 ·
how much power do you wanna make? there are a shit load of different ways you could go with your build.

If your gonna sleeve it, i would look into darton or golden eagle.
You can send your block directly to them to get the sleeves installed. They can also build a complete short block for you.

#5 ·
Yeah I know, so many choices bro.

I wanna get a turbo build to give me at least about 350 bhp but I'm really pushing for 400-450 bhp ( I know that's quite a gap ) but also build the engine where I can run it for a considerable amount of time without slinging rods or vavles and shit.

I'm guessing the bottom end in a k20 is more important (per say) than the top end. So is sleeving it really worth the money? Or could I just throw some strong ass standard size rods, pins, and pistons in there and get away with a stock crank?

Sorry for so many questions, you're the only one responding and you seem to have done this before. So I really appreciate your time! Seriously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.