Stock k20z1 tuned - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > All Motor RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-03-2018, 02:27 AM   #1
alonzo562

alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Stock k20z1 tuned

Here's a dyno graph of an 06 type s it's got a stock engine plus some bolt ons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_1031_09204600_1541230024296.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	349.0 KB
ID:	547657  
alonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
dude what did you do to improve your top end, so much so that your HP is increasing even until you hit fuel cut (which, btw, why didn't you make it 8600?)? you should post this (and the details) in the dyno thread
Old 11-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
That's an extremely high reading dyno. That's like frank power.
remyrounds is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
alonzo562

alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I increased the throttle body size from 70 to 74mm and had my intake manifold ported out. We Kept the red line at 8300 rpm to be safe. my tuner was concerned about the stock retainers, he said he altered the cam timing and that the car had more power in it but it wanted to rev higher. He thought the car could have easily cleared 260hp. I'll post the details on the na dyno page.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #5
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What are all of your bolts ons and mods? HP related.
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #6
alonzo562

A quick performance mod run thru. I got a custom 4 in short ram intake with a velocity stack, skunk2 74mm throttle body ( I'm currently having problems with it sticking so I don't recommend it), plastic throttle body gasket, ported skunk2 pro series manifold, plastic manifold gasket, stock k20z1 with a oil/blow by catch can, asp custom header, 3in exhaust piping, 3in vibrant performance resonator and exhaust. Ecu is ktuner.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
hylander

hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Are you running a #3 Reflash on the Ktuner, or do you have a custom basemap/tune with the set up?
hylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #8
alonzo562

[QUOTE=hylander;55022979]Are you running a #3 Reflash on the Ktuner, or do you have a custom basemap/tune with the set ?]

It's got a custom basemap/tune, no reflash.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #9
hylander

hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wow, very nice! I like the set up you have, and it must be exciting to drive!

I am still enjoying my Ktuner End User with Reflash#1 on it. It's a nice little boost from stock and gets excellent gas mileage. But, there is that little tickle, I get from time to time that desires more HP, and then I get to thinking .... ok, a Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Mani or ported mani such as your, a larger throttle body, and of course a nice RH and get it tuned and then I'll really feel some Gforce in my seat. Then reality sets in and I remember I live in So. Cal. and would have to take the aforementioned components off every 2 yrs in order to pass the smog test. I am just not certain at this time if it is worth the hassle and costs. If only I lived in a remote area such as Imperial County where there are certain areas that are smog exempt, then it would be do-able for sure.
hylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
Nicolas22S

Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hylander View Post

I am still enjoying my Ktuner End User with Reflash#1 on it. It's a nice little boost from stock and gets excellent gas mileage. But, there is that little tickle, I get from time to time that desires more HP, and then I get to thinking .... ok, a Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Mani or ported mani such as your, a larger throttle body, and of course a nice RH and get it tuned and then I'll really feel some Gforce in my seat. Then reality sets in and I remember I live in So. Cal. and would have to take the aforementioned components off every 2 yrs in order to pass the smog test. I am just not certain at this time if it is worth the hassle and costs. If only I lived in a remote area such as Imperial County where there are certain areas that are smog exempt, then it would be do-able for sure.
Hey bro where did you get your reflash ? I live In SoCal too and I’m looking for a local place for get the reflash #2
Nicolas22S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:56 AM   #11
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas22S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hylander View Post

Hey bro where did you get your reflash ? I live In SoCal too and I’m looking for a local place for get the reflash #2
Look on Ktuner’s website for a local dealer. Last I saw, Bisimoto and ASP Tuning were the only 2 in California.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote