You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why - Page 29 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:48 AM   #701
kenneth_1010

kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kenneth_1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BjbH5Gd...g-Harness.html

After you get the Harness, Reset the HU Again. Been through this lol
kenneth_1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #702
sparky.engr

sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Doesn't this bypass procedure make you stop using the factory sub?
sparky.engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:40 AM   #703
sparky.engr

sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sparky.engr might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky.engr View Post
Doesn't this bypass procedure make you stop using the factory sub?
On further reading, I see that yes, it does disconnect the sub amp, thus doesn't use the sub.

I also found miztahsparklez's method of bypassing the amp only for the speakers, so you still use it for the sub. BUT...doesn't that result in using already amplified signals (which drive the speakers) as inputs to the front amp, thus amplifying the signal to the sub twice (in HU and rear amp), resulting in too much bass, and potentially damaging the sub?

It seems to me that the right way to do it would be to bypass the front amp, and run a new cable from the preamp sub output on the HU to the rear/sub amp. You'd have to rig up another harness for that. Right?

Last edited by sparky.engr; 01-04-2016 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: better link text
sparky.engr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #704
eldcCinco

eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx eldcCinco is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
bose amp bypass

i followed the diagram below but for some reason my front left speaker doesn't work. all the others do. i noticed that the front left speaker requires for you to splice the ban and Lt Grn together but i saw two browns and two Lt GRN's one with a gray dot on it.
eldcCinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:23 AM   #705
shoegazer
bleep-bleep bleeeep

shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
There shouldn't be two of any color. One is likely a tan (?) and the other is tan with a different color stripe. The stripe can be hard to see.
shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #706
TTercel

TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I am also having issues with the front right speaker (driver's) speaker as no sound is coming from it. Are there any solutions to this as I see a couple people had this problem.

After work I will check the wiring based upon there being two BRN and two LT GRN wires to see if I used to correct ones.
TTercel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #707
TTercel

TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
SOLVED: I used the wrong light green wire.
TTercel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:04 AM   #708
miztahsparklez
m0o0o0o000?

miztahsparklez is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky.engr View Post
On further reading, I see that yes, it does disconnect the sub amp, thus doesn't use the sub.

I also found miztahsparklez's method of bypassing the amp only for the speakers, so you still use it for the sub. BUT...doesn't that result in using already amplified signals (which drive the speakers) as inputs to the front amp, thus amplifying the signal to the sub twice (in HU and rear amp), resulting in too much bass, and potentially damaging the sub?

It seems to me that the right way to do it would be to bypass the front amp, and run a new cable from the preamp sub output on the HU to the rear/sub amp. You'd have to rig up another harness for that. Right?

The side effect of amping the signal twice is that the bass is that much louder. Believe me, the little Bose sub thumped well on its way when it was wired this way. Will it blow eventually? Maybe... At that point it would be worth doing aftermarket.

They make a harness that uses your low level signal and feeds it to the Bose amp. The result is the same poor sound that you had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOADS OF EXTRA PARTS FOR RSX! Interior, sways, header, etc! PM for details!
FOR SALE: Tan interior items + audio stuff
PM FOR INFO!
miztahsparklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #709
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I hate to beat a dead horse but I'm going to be doing this in a few days and just want to make sure I have the correct procedure:

7 | RED | Audio unit - Right Rear (-)
14 | BLU/YEL | Right Rear Speaker (-)

9 | BLK | Audio unit - Left Rear (-)
13 | BLU/BLK | Left Rear Speaker (-)

15 | PNK | Right Rear Speaker (+)
20 | YEL | Audio Unit - Right Rear (+)

22 | WHT | Audio unit - Left Rear (+)
12 | BLU/ WHT | Left Rear Speaker (+)

21 | ORN | Audio unit - Right Front (+)
2 | GRN/YEL | Passenger's Door Speaker (+), Right weeter (+)

8 | GRN | Audio unit - Right Front (-)
1 | GRY/RED | Passenger's Door Speaker (-), Right tweeter (-)

23 | BLU | Audio unit - Left Front (+)
26 | GRN/BLK | Driver's Door Speaker (+), Left Tweeter (+)

10 | BRN | Audio unit - Left Front (-)
25 | LT GRN | Left Tweeter (-) drivers door speaker (-)

Last edited by InZain08; 07-12-2017 at 03:24 PM..
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #710
shoegazer
bleep-bleep bleeeep

shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I show you what I got

this worked for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	534817  
shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #711
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thank you, Shoegazer
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #712
Shakrath

Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shakrath is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice, thanks for sharing it. I will gladly check it out.
Shakrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #713
yaggs

yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
adding to the longest thread ever.... I'm going to attempt to use the integration harness (first) to connect my HU (Alpine UTE-62BT) to everything else stock.

Questions:

1)If that produces noise then why can't I just unplug the RCAs and do the bypass? It looks like the 70-1725 harness just splices the existing speaker wires at the harness level. If i just unplug the RCAs, won't that effectively change the 70-1725 into a 70-1721?

2)If the bypass should need to occur, can I use RCAs on my stock sub to aquire HU control. Could I do this at the line input at the sub in the trunk (lgt-grn/grn-wht). Or would this not be a strong enough signal since it would normally get its signal from the amp?

3)If that method of signal is too weak... could I splice the ends of the RCA outputs from the HU into the chopped wires coming out of the under seat amp input lines (4+ and 4-)? It makes sense to me that this would create the perfect signal strength and give you complete sub control from the HU.

TIA
yaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #714
ceerod23

ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Stick to the 70-1721, just have to do remote amp turn on, RCA will lower vol because that's a low input
for a woofer use RCA out, if you're going aftermarket woofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaggs View Post
adding to the longest thread ever.... I'm going to attempt to use the integration harness (first) to connect my HU (Alpine UTE-62BT) to everything else stock.

Questions:

1)If that produces noise then why can't I just unplug the RCAs and do the bypass? It looks like the 70-1725 harness just splices the existing speaker wires at the harness level. If i just unplug the RCAs, won't that effectively change the 70-1725 into a 70-1721?

2)If the bypass should need to occur, can I use RCAs on my stock sub to aquire HU control. Could I do this at the line input at the sub in the trunk (lgt-grn/grn-wht). Or would this not be a strong enough signal since it would normally get its signal from the amp?

3)If that method of signal is too weak... could I splice the ends of the RCA outputs from the HU into the chopped wires coming out of the under seat amp input lines (4+ and 4-)? It makes sense to me that this would create the perfect signal strength and give you complete sub control from the HU.

TIA
ceerod23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #715
yaggs

yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceerod23 View Post
Stick to the 70-1721, just have to do remote amp turn on, RCA will lower vol because that's a low input
for a woofer use RCA out, if you're going aftermarket woofer
Trying to maintain stock woofer, why wouldn't #3 in my list correct the "low input" issue?
yaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #716
ceerod23

ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ceerod23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Before I bypassed my stock amp, I used the Speaker wires into the harness, and maintained stock woofer (Bose amp filters signals automatically), Vol was low, so if you spice RCA into the factory amp, it will be an even lower signal caused by the RCA output being a lower one to begin with, that's just my personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaggs View Post
Trying to maintain stock woofer, why wouldn't #3 in my list correct the "low input" issue?
ceerod23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #717
tothearkdc5

tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tothearkdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Old thread but found this when looking into this issue, going to order it and give it a shot
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...9K72U9P2&psc=1
Old 04-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #718
miztahsparklez
m0o0o0o000?

miztahsparklez is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tothearkdc5 View Post
Old thread but found this when looking into this issue, going to order it and give it a shot
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...9K72U9P2&psc=1
Yeah that's not gonna do what this thread accomplishes... It works for sure, but you are not going to get the high quality direct sound from your upgraded HU

Sent from my MI MIX using Tapatalk
LOADS OF EXTRA PARTS FOR RSX! Interior, sways, header, etc! PM for details!
FOR SALE: Tan interior items + audio stuff
PM FOR INFO!
miztahsparklez is offline   Reply With Quote