New System Build - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
New System Build

After years of listening to the stock stereo I finally decided to upgrade my system. As one thing leads to another when working on my car this all started with an oil pan gasket seal, which lead to Blox subframe stiffening, which lead to so many other car projects (leaky valve cover fix, valve adjustment, motor mounts, Sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, thermostat, hoses, power steering pump, powder coating, hood struts, caliper polishing&painting, new cloth seats, then re-doing the door panels with the "Recaro" fabric I purchased YEARS ago, and since the panels were off I justified this project as I didn't want to pull off the panels again...so here I am

Thanks to this forum and a couple of seasoned experts LocoTony and OliverV I took the plunge and wanted to share my build and some of my experiences. I thought also this might help someone and would be a good chance to revive this forum as it is not very active

Head Unit - Kenwood DNX573SSKU
Amp - Alpine - PDX Series 1600W Class D 5 Channel
Front Speakers - Pioneer TS-Z65CH
Rear Speakers - JBL GX602
4 gauge Power & Ground Wire
New speaker wire run for all speakers
RCA's Krystal Kable 2 Channel 6M Twisted Pair RCA Cable 20' / Krystal Kable 4 Channel 6M Twisted Pair RCA Cable 20'
Sound Deadening - Trunk, Rear Quarter Panels &Seat, Front Doors
Remote Bass - Alpine remote bass knob
Sub Woofer - For now I am going to mess around with the Bose in the trunk
Front and Rear Camera's

I will update this thread with the progress

Last edited by troye; 02-20-2018 at 12:05 AM..
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
troye
Been Around for a while

I will start updating this thread soon. A lot learned during this process. Stereo came out most excellent! Sounds amazing - as what I expected. No headlight dims or anything. Big 3 upgrade, new battery and good wiring did the trick
Old 05-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Awesome! I'm interested to see your audio build. Not that I'm looking for a change, but I'm interested in switching out my current head unit for a more up to date one or DD.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
bben

bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How well did the front speakers fit
bben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #5
troye
Been Around for a while

Front speakers fit just fine. I had to use a spacer. I installed the tweeters into the A-Pillars, it turned out very nice!

I really need to update the thread don't I
Old 05-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
OliverV

OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yes, you need to keep updated, have been silence so long
OliverV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Iíve been looking at your set up for little. How is it with just the stock sub? Iím currently running the factory head unit and a 1000w 2/1 amp powering 2 10Ē crap subs. The quality is trash if turned up past half way. I definitely need to get a new head unit and speakers and another amp. Been scouring craigslist and forum marketplaces in hopes of finding someone selling some decent stuff for cheap. No luck yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #8
troye
Been Around for a while

I could not run the stock sub as it is 1ohm so I modified the spare tire to to accommodate a thin kicker sub. It was "ok". I am now running a bazooka with a 10" that is much too powerful for the tube so it sounds like crumbs so I don't really use it. I am trying to sell my magicbox since I purchased the wrong side,looking forward to getting the driver's side and then the bass should be good!

I had a 12" in there for a while and oh man that was some seriously good sounding base. Overall my setup is pretty sweet! Except I should have got the Excelon since it has the 5 volt pre-outs.

Other than the subs current situation the sound is really really good!
Old 05-28-2018, 10:15 PM   #9
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just ordered a Pioneer AVH-1300NEX , gonna bypass Bose amp the way miZtahsparkle did it because my sub and amp are tapped in to the rear. Iím looking for some good front speakers and I was going to get the front speakers you mentioned. How have they held up , and are you happy with them? Or is there a pair you would recommend over them instead.

SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:44 PM   #10
troye
Been Around for a while

Yes the front speakers are very nice. I did a ton of research and then one of the stereo guru forum members recommended these, so I went for it. No regrets. The tweets are bright but there are three settings on the crossover. My original wish was for Memphis top of the line, but that was another $200.00.

Thankfully I went for these as the tweeters I was able to mount fairly easily in the A-Pillars.
Crutchfield..free shipping, 90 days return if you don't like and great warranty also which I have tried out already.

BTW...if you every decide to get your 10" sub going stealthy in the trunk check out the magic box I have for sale.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #11
troye
Been Around for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
Just ordered a Pioneer AVH-1300NEX , gonna bypass Bose amp the way miZtahsparkle did it because my sub and amp are tapped in to the rear. Iím looking for some good front speakers and I was going to get the front speakers you mentioned. How have they held up , and are you happy with them? Or is there a pair you would recommend over them instead.

Good to see you are going to be running an amp with the new head unit.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #12
CazTypeS

CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How was the fitment on the headunit? Was it flush? Not to big/small? I’m looking to change out my headunit but I wanna see what everyone is running and what to get/not to get
CazTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:09 PM   #13
troye
Been Around for a while

Head Unit has no issues with fitment at all.Totally flush looks very good.
I am going to upgrade my deck already if interested
Old 08-27-2018, 12:56 AM   #14
CazTypeS

CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How much do you want for it? I’m having my sponsor team look into getting me a new one I’m just waiting for them to get back to me on a price/waitperiod, so I might be interested depending on how much u want for it
Old 09-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #15
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
do you have any pictures of your set up?

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #16
troye
Been Around for a while

I will take some pictures once I get my amp installed (again). I had to relocate to the left side for the magic box installation. Going to fabricate a bracket and then secure it using screw rivets.

I also have some pics I took during the install. It turned out very nice
Old 09-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #17
OliverV

OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
in for the pictutres..
OliverV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #18
troye
Been Around for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazTypeS View Post
How much do you want for it? Iím having my sponsor team look into getting me a new one Iím just waiting for them to get back to me on a price/waitperiod, so I might be interested depending on how much u want for it
about $275
Old 09-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #19
CazTypeS

Post some pics, I can’t seem to find the model online