Need advice on replacing speakers - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #1
DC5Ireland

DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Need advice on replacing speakers

Hi need some advice on replacing the speakers on my dc5, basically the sound in the car is very low some speakers are not working at all so am thinking about replacing all speakers new front door speakers and rear side panel speakers just wondering what size speakers I will need for the front and what size for the back and what other advice I might need when looking to replace them? Thanks
DC5Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Do a little research on this topic, there is a lot of information on this forum.
6.5" all 4 speakers.

As per the experts 3/4" to 1" tweeters will work, depending. I measured the actual opening which is 1 3/4".
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
DC5Ireland

DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Ireland is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah I just found the information after I made the post, any idea of what depth the 6.5 inch speakers can be?I don't think there would be any issue as most 6.5 speakers are same depth but just want to make sure?thanks

Old 03-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
don't remember the depth, you will need to remove or modify the existing or create a new spacer for the front

Rears you have plenty of depth
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
Ic_Drama

Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
rears depending on the shape of it you may have to modify the plastic opening in for the fronts depending on the depth of the basket you may need a spacer metra makes one i used recently if you want ill add the part number once i check the bag.
Ic_Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:19 AM   #6
DC5Ireland

Yes if you could mate id really appreciate it!
Old 03-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #7
Ic_Drama

Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ic_Drama is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Metra part #82-4400 1/2in spacer worked for my front speakers
Ic_Drama is offline   Reply With Quote