Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Alex’s 05 VBP

Tags
vbp
29K views 277 replies 31 participants last post by  SanDiegoLoCo 
#1 · (Edited)
Just picked up This 05 type S VBP , 106k Miles. Clean title no accidents from the original owner it’s all stock and looks pretty well taken care of. It’s got some flaws, paint on the roof and rear spoiler is beaten from the sun. Slight clear coat burn on trunk , roof and hood. Just going for bolt ons and a reflash for now as I live in San Diego CA.

Mods:

Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit and flywheel
INJEN CAI
ITR 4-2-1 exhaust manifold / Header /w CAT
Invidia Q300 Cat back Exhaust
Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers
SPC Rear camber kit
Skunk 2 Billet Weighted Shift Knob
Innovative Motor Mounts - Passenger motor mount and driver trans mounts 60A , stock front and rear mount for now
K-Tuned Steel Oil Pan /w Magnetic drain plug
K-Tuned idle air assist delete kit
Password JDM rear wiper delete kit
Password JDM battery support
J’s Racing Engine Oil Cap
Pioneer AVH-NEX1300
(2) Kicker 10” subs
1000W Sony Xplode 2/1 channel Amp
4 Guage wire install kit
17x7 +42 WORK EMOTION CR-KAI in Matte Gunmetal
WORK Extended blue lug nuts
Also winter tires are Original 05 Type S rims yet to put winter tires on
Currently wrapped in BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2’s
Yakima Roof Rack /w Stretch Kit(removed /sold)
BWR Rear LCA’s
Progress 24MM rear sway bar
Progress rear Sway bar links
Progress Lower tie bar
Buddy club Roll Center Adjustable Front Lower Ball Joints
Hardrace LCA Bushings Front
Hardrace Reverse Tie-Rod Ends (Front )

car after wax, still much more to go

Attachments

See less See more
#177 · (Edited)
Ordered an Exedy Stage 1 clutch and flywheel kit! Plans for the holiday: valve cover goes for paint , valve lash adjustment, clutch kit install. Also stocked up on oil from
Black Friday 33.99 for 5 gallon with stp extended life filter. Ordered new air intake filter ... wow look at that difference haha

A
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#189 ·
Thanks it was a bitch to do on the floor honestly haha , no transmission jack , no lifts, nothing, we used a couple jack stands and a crate we found behind the shop and just man handled it down haha. Can’t wait to see the difference in shifting!!

#188 · (Edited)
While the subframe was dropped I decided to throw on the steel Ktuned oil pan with the new gold hardware I ordered last year. Almost finished. Trans is bolted back up, Got the subframe back on, tomorrow should be rolling. Next weekend I’ll tackle the valve adjustment and do something with the valve cover!

#190 ·
Ok so I checked all clearances and they were slightly over max allowances for both intake and exhaust so I tightened them all to spec. Sent the valve cover to my paint shop. Stoked to see how it comes out. New valve cover gasket , tube seals, pcv valve and hose , and gonna touch up hardware for valve cover

#192 ·
I wanted to get it painted like S2000 spa yellow ... but I know he’s gonna try to make his own paint even if I tell him specifically what I want. I just hope it comes out at least close to what I want. Dropped it off this morning, he said he will get it done by tomorrow evening.

#193 ·
Ok so I wasn’t very happy with the quality of the paint as far as they didn’t really anything to prep it for paint. That being said , installed and the color came out [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] I’m done with maintenance. I think. I might get my calipers painted tomorrow. And detail the car it’s dirty as F.

#199 ·
Thank you, slowly it’s getting stuff done. The new clutch is NIGHT and DAY difference.. feeing my car actually pull into shifts instead of drag through them is amazing... so much more inspiration to put money in your car when it’s actually driving good

#200 ·
Lots of car parts incoming !! Ordered Off kseriesparts : 24mm progress rear sway bar and gates radiator hose. Off marketplace on CRSX got a progress brace , and BWR rear LCA’s, And some non OEM window visors. :shady:
Tax season is here :money: and I’m looking to get some fog lights ( spaz DIY ftw) replace bulbs with some brighter ones. Need energy suspension bushings in front. Amongst other things. For now , here is window visors installed :lawl:

#201 ·
Progress 24mm rear sway combo with bar and endlinks , BWR LCA’s - picked up a comptech front strut bar, buddy club P-1 ball joints and HardRace Reverse tie rod ends. Also energy suspension front LCA bushings. Hope that’s enough to make my suspension feel better. Going to look at the front sway bar links while I’m down there. Lower the front a tad , go for alignment and look at some new tires.

#202 ·
Well the buddyclub ball joints and hard race reverse tie rod ends are about another month to 6 weeks out for production :( going to wait to install everything at once.

I picked up 2 New BFG g-force sport comp 2 tires, had a freakin nail in the front tire, and I had a go with a focus ST in the rain and almost skidded to my death trying to stop in the rain with these summer tires.

#203 ·
I used the 04-08 TSX Balljoints and they are just as tall as the buddyclubs', Napa Sankei 555 (45 a side), all the JDM goodness for less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the tie rod ends, money is better spent elsewhere. Meaning that, that model will only provide you a better tie rod angle. If youre only looking for that and dont need the extra threads for adjustment (like most lowered cars do) i suggest getting a "Female rod end bearing"/"Heim Joint" which go for about 7-10 a piece and whatever a bolt/nut/flange combo cost (maybe like another 5-10).

#204 ·
Thanks for the info. I will look into that. But for now as I don’t plan on making my car any faster or doing much other upgrades the suspension is my main focus right now. I do plan on lowering the car a little bit more. I’ve already ordered the parts and I did it with affirm. Right now I don’t have any plans to do anything crazy I’m just DD’ing the car. Want to get this suspension feeling better. Then I can get the ride height where I want it and get an alignment. After that it’s mostly just cosmetic stuff interior exterior and AC / Lighting , speakers and subs. One day I’ll move out of CA and then I can actually go forced induction.

#206 · (Edited)
Nah, but I did get a couple hundred bucks from insurance :fukers: everything installed though , even managed to get a couple coats of primer over the subframe and everything around it make it nice and flat black .
don’t judge my bad spray painting skills [emoji23]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.