Custom Diffuser - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Exterior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-31-2018, 01:31 PM   #1
GrimReaper501

GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Custom Diffuser

So guys. Have any of you seen this diffuser before?
Personally I think it looks nice af. Although it would look better on a dual exhaust car. What do you guys think? i know the mugen one is best looking, yet Every rsx in my town has that same lip. I wanna do something different. Or is it too different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrimReaper501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
97 GSX 97
I Hate Honda's

97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper501 View Post
So guys. Have any of you seen this diffuser before?
Personally I think it looks nice af. Although it would look better on a dual exhaust car. What do you guys think? i know the mugen one is best looking, yet Every rsx in my town has that same lip. I wanna do something different. Or is it too different

It’s the J’s Style S2000 rear diffuser. I ran one on my old DC5.

2002 RSX Type S Laser Blue Turbo

Last edited by 97 GSX 97; 08-31-2018 at 02:54 PM..
97 GSX 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Top1 also has a couple different styles, if you haven't seen them yet.

http://www.toponemotors.com/dc5-hond...2002-2006.html
Old 09-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
GrimReaper501

GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Top1 also has a couple different styles, if you haven't seen them yet.

http://www.toponemotors.com/dc5-hond...2002-2006.html

Duuuudee thx for link. Iíve only been able to find devsport splitters and mugen lips all day. Those top1 styles are fire

Old 09-01-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
GrimReaper501

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 GSX 97 View Post
Itís the Jís Style S2000 rear diffuser. I ran one on my old DC5.

I see. Looks pretty clean. I might go for a diffuser like that. I like an aggressive look, but im need to drop some power to back it up too

Old 09-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #6
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Read through this link first; there's a lot of science that goes into a functional diffuser and how it works in tandem with other body mods. These readily available aero parts might actually be completely worthless outside of a car show. But you don't need power as much as to just be cornering fast enough for them to start working.

https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=270806

Also, if you do end up wanting the Top1 parts, be prepared for a wait. I hear 3 months to ship is common.

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to get a full Top1 setup for my stock-engine base auto just to see if I feel a difference in the local canyons. The car's slow in a straight line, but I've got the suspension set up to where I'm already cornering pretty fast. My only worry is that with the Mugen coilovers, I might be sitting too high off the ground for the diffuser to properly work against the air under the car.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-01-2018 at 04:25 PM..
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:46 AM   #7
GrimReaper501

Quote:
Read through this link first; there's a lot of science that goes into a functional diffuser and how it works in tandem with other body mods. These readily available aero parts might actually be completely worthless outside of a car show. But you don't need power as much as to just be cornering fast enough for them to start working.

https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=270806

Also, if you do end up wanting the Top1 parts, be prepared for a wait. I hear 3 months to ship is common.

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to get a full Top1 setup for my stock-engine base auto just to see if I feel a difference in the local canyons. The car's slow in a straight line, but I've got the suspension set up to where I'm already cornering pretty fast. My only worry is that with the Mugen coilovers, I might be sitting too high off the ground for the diffuser to properly work against the air under the car.

3 MONTHS?!? Jeezus Iíll buy the ebay dev sport instead maybe. & Thx for that link. Iím gonna read up on it soon. & I think the top1 is gonna be worth it. Since you have coils you can always try & adjust it to get low enough. But even if they donít work, the car will still look beast.
At this point, Iím mainly trying to see what kinda stance I want the car to have. I see everyone saying a slammed DC5 sucks so Ig iím gonna try & get maybe 2in off the ground? Maybe the diffusers will work better at that height.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:32 AM   #8
CyborgGT
Master Member

Mugen's not adjustable, I'm pretty sure they just take the stock Type-R suspension, swap out the springs and revalve the dampers to a slightly stiffer spec. The height and comfort work great for a daily driver, though.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:12 AM   #9
GrimReaper501

Quote:
Mugen's not adjustable, I'm pretty sure they just take the stock Type-R suspension, swap out the springs and revalve the dampers to a slightly stiffer spec. The height and comfort work great for a daily driver, though.

Oh really? Iím looking into tein advance coilovers for my set up. But I doubt I will ever use the adjustments so Iím also looking at shock & strut combos. Iím not trying to cheap out but at the same time, I donít wanna drop $800 for some features that will only be used maybe twice, since my car is a daily.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #10
CyborgGT
Master Member

I've been thinking about getting adjustable clovers just so I can set them to the Mugen height in the winter for snow driving, and drop it another inch or so every spring. But I'm guessing you don't have that problem in FL, haha.

The problem with non-adjustable suspension is that if you don't like the comfort or height, you're stuck with it unless you want to spend the money on a different set until you get it right. You can read online reviews all day, but everyone has their own individual idea of what works for their own local roads or parking situations (roads in my area are kept damn near flawless, but go an hour south to Denver and it's potholes for days). At least with adjustable, you can keep experimenting with the settings until you find something you like, so there's that to consider.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-04-2018 at 11:26 AM..
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:52 AM   #11
GrimReaper501

Quote:
I've been thinking about getting adjustable clovers just so I can set them to the Mugen height in the winter for snow driving, and drop it another inch or so every spring. But I'm guessing you don't have that problem in FL, haha.

The problem with non-adjustable suspension is that if you don't like the comfort or height, you're stuck with it unless you want to spend the money on a different set until you get it right. You can read online reviews all day, but everyone has their own individual idea of what works for their own local roads or parking situations (roads in my area are kept damn near flawless, but go an hour south to Denver and it's potholes for days). At least with adjustable, you can keep experimenting with the settings until you find something you like, so there's that to consider.

Yeah thats a pretty good point. I wanna be as low as I possibly can, without bottoming out. Coils is probably the best bet. Iím probably gonna go for this splitter/diffuser & maybe add some canards with it. Should see a good increase in cornering speed. Tbh they just look badass lol mostly straights in Fl anyway.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #12
CyborgGT
Master Member

I didn't know the DevSport was chassis-mounted. That's definitely the way to go with any aero parts.