Lip Kit info for all you CRSX users. I've done all the research for you! - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Exterior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #51
KseriesWhore
AWD Insanity.

KseriesWhore gets around and is known
KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
Thanks man! Been wanting my mugen kit for a while now lol. I'm in the process of making my 3rd brake light mold for the mugen rear atm. Then it's time to paint and put them on. Of course there is always prep work going to be involved when buying and new product so that should be expected.

Yeah I can't believe that dude I guess if you persist enough he will just ship you it. I wanted to go through him but I also wanted Polyurethane which he does not make anyways. Which lip was it you bought from him again?
He's a piece of work no doubt. And the 06 front Aspec Lip. Last piece I need before all parts go to paint. I'm eventually going to get a Mugen rear though once the aspec runs its course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relapse
Oh I don't put that poison you call shaving cream on my face. God gave us hair for a reason.
Good Bloke Crew
KseriesWhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #52
ryan850
Simplicity

ryan850 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by KseriesWhore View Post
He's a piece of work no doubt. And the 06 front Aspec Lip. Last piece I need before all parts go to paint. I'm eventually going to get a Mugen rear though once the aspec runs its course.
That's whats up man. Glad you got things all figured out and it's coming along for you! Can't wait to get mine on
Old 05-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #53
KseriesWhore
AWD Insanity.

KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known
Quote:
That's whats up man. Glad you got things all figured out and it's coming along for you! Can't wait to get mine on
Thanks man! In for pics once you get everything painted
Quote:
Oh I don't put that poison you call shaving cream on my face. God gave us hair for a reason.
Good Bloke Crew
Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #54
KseriesWhore
AWD Insanity.

Oh yea, just so you can add info to the thread. I ordered A-spec sides from Lipkit.ca and the fitment is perfect. The shop is working on a design to make them fit properly(since there isn't any OEM mounting spots) but side skirt wise, A+.
Quote:
Good Bloke Crew
Old 05-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #55
Vince_P9
Eat my wheel gap

Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vince_P9 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

I also got my mugen front lip from Ikonmotorsports and did a quick little mock fitting and it fit like a glove. I'd recommend their products to others seeing as me and the other guy above me have had success with them.
Price - 89.99 Shipped

I also got my mugen rear lip in from BaysonR. Must say for all the crappy fitting rear replicas floating around, this one is overall a good pick. The fitment was also pretty good when mocked up, nice and tight like it should be and came with everything you would need plus more to mount it. Screws, brackets, 3M tape, etc.
Price - 128.99 Shipped
It actually CAME WITH 3M tape and brackets?! *praise the lord*

Did u already post pics somewhere? If not, please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGresch View Post
okay, Ikonmotorsports...

I was able to test fit the lip on my friend's rsx, rather than taking my aspec lip off.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10 for fitment. I was really surprised how well it snapped into place, size wise it was pretty much dead on. every contact point was even, there weren't any parts around the lip that didn't touch the bumper. The curve near the foglight wasn't identical to the foglight curve (I don't know if it is on other Type R style lips). But like I said overall really impressed with the fit.
Wow looks pretty good Looks very close profile-wise to the Autosource one I had, and that one shipped in nothing but a plastic sleeve so it was all kindsa messed up when it got to my door. I was able to heat gun it straight where it mattered but the bottom still looked like a piece of bacon

Speaking of, you guys that have ordered from Ikonmotorsports + BaysonR, what do the pieces ship in? From those that have posted it looks like they arrived in great shape!
Vince_P9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #56
JGresch

JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
lip was wrapped in a layer of thick plastic and slipped into a plastic sleeve on top of it. Shipping was only $40 or w.e to Canada, so I wasn't expecting a big box or anything. No disfigurement upon arrival.
JGresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #57
LegendofEthan

LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LegendofEthan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Yeah that's some crap man. They do need to just remove his vendor section really.

I also got my mugen front lip from Ikonmotorsports and did a quick little mock fitting and it fit like a glove. I'd recommend their products to others seeing as me and the other guy above me have had success with them.
Price - 89.99 Shipped

I also got my mugen rear lip in from BaysonR. Must say for all the crappy fitting rear replicas floating around, this one is overall a good pick. The fitment was also pretty good when mocked up, nice and tight like it should be and came with everything you would need plus more to mount it. Screws, brackets, 3M tape, etc.
Price - 128.99 Shipped

I did wind up getting a pair of VIS mugen side skirts from a place I found that has best prices I have seen for VIS products on the net.
Price - 274.99 Shipped
I see that BaysonR and ikonmotorsports are up to par in terms of fitment. How is the quality of their polyurethane? Do you think that the BaysonR and ikonmotorsports' rear/front lips are about the same as VIS Racing's Mugen rear/front lip in terms of quality and looks?

Also, mind hooking a brotha up on that VIS mugen side skirts site?
LegendofEthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #58
KseriesWhore
AWD Insanity.

Update for everyone. After 3 weeks and 2 PayPal claims; I received my front 06 Aspec lip from Onyx (AutoSource) today and as always, the product fit perfectly so I canceled the claim. So buy at your own risk.
Quote:
Good Bloke Crew
Old 05-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #59
koukou0o2

koukou0o2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Damn 3 weeks? Man I wish he still active cause I want his deck lid spoiler smh -_- ...I might take a gamble lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
koukou0o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #60
KseriesWhore
AWD Insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukou0o2 View Post
Damn 3 weeks? Man I wish he still active cause I want his deck lid spoiler smh -_- ...I might take a gamble lol

Not worth it. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Quote:
Good Bloke Crew
Old 05-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #61
Dc5Shadow

Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just put in a order for the 04 mugen front lip from ikonmotorsports so hopefully there fitment is good
Dc5Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #62
koukou0o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5Shadow View Post
Just put in a order for the 04 mugen front lip from ikonmotorsports so hopefully there fitment is good
Let us know how the fitment fits and how fast their shipping is

Old 05-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #63
c1mendoza

c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx c1mendoza is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Has anyone tried ordering the M-2 duraflex sideskirts from amazon? Theyre mugen reps. I got mine and wasnt too satisfied with the fitment...
c1mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #64
KseriesWhore
AWD Insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1mendoza View Post
Has anyone tried ordering the M-2 duraflex sideskirts from amazon? Theyre mugen reps. I got mine and wasnt too satisfied with the fitment...
I would try picking up a used pair from a member then repaint or whatever you have to do.
Quote:
Good Bloke Crew
Old 05-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #65
Dc5Shadow

Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukou0o2 View Post
Let us know how the fitment fits and how fast their shipping is

Got the lip Monday, took about a week to be shipped...fitment was alright has to be hold on other wise it wont really stay on, as u can tell from the pic it hangs off a lil while the other side fits but the bottom pokes out a lil....how can the fitment be fixed???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	507.8 KB
ID:	422666  
Old 05-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #66
ryan850
Simplicity

Quote:
Got the lip Monday, took about a week to be shipped...fitment was alright has to be hold on other wise it wont really stay on, as u can tell from the pic it hangs off a lil while the other side fits but the bottom pokes out a lil....how can the fitment be fixed???
You ordered from ikon right?

My 05-06 lip was on point with fitment. Doing some prep work to mine also so I'll be updating soon.

Had a huge ordeal with the VIS techno R2 sides. They only make the carbon fiber ones now. I talked directly to the people that manufacture for VIS and they stopped production on them.

If you want mugen sides, I suggest Nextmod as they are also some good quality and fitting skirts. That's who I'm gonna order mine from.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #67
Dc5Shadow

Quote:

My 05-06 lip was on point with fitment. Doing some prep work to mine also so I'll be updating soon.

Had a huge ordeal with the VIS techno R2 sides. They only make the carbon fiber ones now. I talked directly to the people that manufacture for VIS and they stopped production on them.

If you want mugen sides, I suggest Nextmod as they are also some good quality and fitting skirts. That's who I'm gonna order mine from.
Yeah I ordered from ikon, shipping an packaging were good but the fitment was a lil off needs to be held on to fit...anyway to fix the fitment?

Is there a link for nextmod, how good is there fitment? Cuz I need the mugen sides an a good replica 04 mugen rear as well.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #68
JGresch

JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You mean when you push the lip with your hand it fits okay? Put 2 screws in each side in the wheel well where the lip wraps around the bumper, and maybe a couple on the bottom spread apart. Also use double sided tape across the back where it contacts your bumper.
JGresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #69
Pedro456

Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I ordered my front lip from ikon, and this lip is on point, slid right in no problems at all, recommend to everyone Attachment 422810 I just got my mugen rear from bayson, idk how do get this on, any ideas would be awesome

Last edited by Pedro456; 09-17-2014 at 01:17 PM..
Pedro456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #70
Dc5Shadow

Quote:

Do u have a link to Nextmod page?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #71
ryan850
Simplicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro456 View Post
I ordered my front lip from ikon, and this lip is on point, slid right in no problems at all, recommend to everyone Attachment 422810 I just got my mugen rear from bayson, idk how do get this on, any ideas would be awesome
It should have came with brackets and self tapping screws just like mine did.

Quote:
Do u have a link to Nextmod page?
updated in the first post with a link like the others.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #72
ryan850
Simplicity

Quote:
Yeah I ordered from ikon, shipping an packaging were good but the fitment was a lil off needs to be held on to fit...anyway to fix the fitment?

Is there a link for nextmod, how good is there fitment? Cuz I need the mugen sides an a good replica 04 mugen rear as well.
Nextmod is the closest replica fitment we will be able to find anymore..period. updted in first post
Old 06-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #73
Dc5Shadow

Quote:
Nextmod is the closest replica fitment we will be able to find anymore..period. updted in first post
looks like nextmod is the way to go then, thanks for the help man!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #74
Dc5Phil

Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro456 View Post

Some more pictures of Pedro's front and rear mugen lips

IG: callme_phil
Dc5Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #75
koukou0o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5Phil View Post

Some more pictures of Pedro's front and rear mugen lips
Looks good! Fitment is on point for the rear lip ^^^