Lip Kit info for all you CRSX users. I've done all the research for you! - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Exterior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #76
Dc5Phil

Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukou0o2 View Post
Looks good! Fitment is on point for the rear lip ^^^

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
it actually took us a couple hours to do the rear. Glad that it came with brackets to help install to his bumper. But a heat gun helped us mold it to the shape of the bumper.

IG: callme_phil
Dc5Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #77
ryan850
Simplicity

ryan850 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5Phil View Post
it actually took us a couple hours to do the rear. Glad that it came with brackets to help install to his bumper. But a heat gun helped us mold it to the shape of the bumper.
It's a good thing it came with the brackets or else you'd be making yourself a set. If you don't use them the middle of the rear lip gets pulled by the wind draft under your car. The baskets make sure it's nicely held on there. Same exact one I got.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #78
pikabooxxD

pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx pikabooxxD might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Any fitment info on 05 aspec front and rear lip from lipkit.ca?
pikabooxxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #79
Dc5Shadow

Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Shadow is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
It's a good thing it came with the brackets or else you'd be making yourself a set. If you don't use them the middle of the rear lip gets pulled by the wind draft under your car. The baskets make sure it's nicely held on there. Same exact one I got.
Are the front lips suppose to come with brackets? Cuz Ikonmotorports only gave me 4 screws with my front lip.
Dc5Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #80
Dc5Phil

Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5Shadow View Post
Are the front lips suppose to come with brackets? Cuz Ikonmotorports only gave me 4 screws with my front lip.
the rear lip from basonr. the front lip was spot on with excellent fitment

Old 06-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #81
ryan850
Simplicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5Shadow View Post
you dont really need brackets unless you notice the middle or you find something you dont like and youd prefer to have it sit a little higher.

the 4 self tapping screws should be more than enough to hold it on firmly, the ikonmotorsports one is a nice snug fit anyways. could always get some 3M tape too.

Im using this OEM black weatherstripping from Honda that comes stock on all the authentic pieces. Part number just incase you are interested is 08F03-SHJ-1100D
Old 06-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #82
zakmuK

zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakmuK is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ordered my 02-04 type r lip from ikonmotorsports a couple days ago. Will post pics once it's painted and fitted.
zakmuK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #83
aMezing

aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx aMezing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabooxxD View Post
Any fitment info on 05 aspec front and rear lip from lipkit.ca?
would like to know as well for an 06
aMezing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #84
magistir

magistir is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Is ikonmotorsports still selling the 05-06 front lip? I couldn't find it on their site.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #85
Carlito2409

Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Carlito2409 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I got my aspec front lip from Ikon Motorsports. Fitment is almost dead on. Way better than any other rep Ive had. I definetly recommend them.
Carlito2409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #86
Dc5Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistir View Post
Is ikonmotorsports still selling the 05-06 front lip? I couldn't find it on their site.
Ikon is out of stock of their 05-06 mugen front. That's why they took it off.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #87
RecarosCostTooMuch
.♥

RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
Would be nice if you could add wings to the list. Type R and Mugen are quite popular and I don't imagine you would have fitment issues.
|Broke Student Crew|
|Bitch Crew|
RecarosCostTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:32 AM   #88
Pedro456

Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
For the mugen front lip from ikon fitment is on point recommend it to anyone go for it, and as in the rear I have it off it's still giving me some trouble but does anyone where I can get some mugen sides to finish it off
Pedro456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #89
RecarosCostTooMuch
.♥

RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KseriesWhore View Post
Update for everyone. After 3 weeks and 2 PayPal claims; I received my front 06 Aspec lip from Onyx (AutoSource) today and as always, the product fit perfectly so I canceled the claim. So buy at your own risk.

I had a great transaction with him (last year), easy payment and received the lip in about two weeks. Fits 9.9/10.

I heard he recently had some issues with something and had to slow down with his parts business.

But seriously, seemed like a good guy.
|Broke Student Crew|
|Bitch Crew|
Old 07-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #90
KseriesWhore
AWD Insanity.

KseriesWhore gets around and is known
KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known KseriesWhore gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecaroCostsTooMuch View Post

I had a great transaction with him (last year), easy payment and received the lip in about two weeks. Fits 9.9/10.

I heard he recently had some issues with something and had to slow down with his parts business.

But seriously, seemed like a good guy.
He's gone, brother. No more rsx parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relapse
Oh I don't put that poison you call shaving cream on my face. God gave us hair for a reason.
Good Bloke Crew
KseriesWhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #91
RecarosCostTooMuch
.♥

Apparently, guess I'm lucky I got my lip while he was still making them.
|Broke Student Crew|
|Bitch Crew|
Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #92
KingMaiya

KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
anyone have a link to a good mugen replica sides , I checked out a few sites but VIS is well over 1000

Instagram : Deemossi
KingMaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #93
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KseriesWhore View Post
He's gone, brother. No more rsx parts.
Yep, he has no intentions of scamming or wasting time. Aaron's just a really busy man with 4-5 jobs
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:55 AM   #94
Pedro456

Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Anyone has a idea to get some mugen sides??
Pedro456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #95
Prezes5
shift into R for a Rocket

Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
I got Nextmod mugen sides, but I have to say they were a little sloppy. Passenger side is a bit thick and their prep kind of wasn't the best. Other than that they look great and driver side is perfect thickness.
1 3 5
╠╬╣┐ Polish Immigrant Crew
2 4 6 R
Progress Coilovers//Invidia Q300//Evo 9 Enkei//Injen MR CRSX Edition//OEM+
Prezes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #96
ryan850
Simplicity

Alright guys, so update on the mugen sides.

The sides I received were the 05-06 VIS mugen replica sides in the actual VIS racing sports box. I was told from VIS personally that these sides were not being made anymore. After a long 3 months of looking for the VIS sides and not having any luck I came across a guy named Erik who can get VIS and other parts for our cars. He is located in California and I just picked up my sides from Fedex yesterday. They were in good shape and come with 4 fiberglass tabs which makes them easier to mount. I was told from several people to get a perfect fitment on these, you need to pair them with the 02-04 type-s sides instead of the 05-06 type-s sides. I'm not sure how many more he has but, you can't beat his price.

If any of you guys want to get in contact with him, his email is dcbucio@gmail.com
Old 07-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #97
DC5_Trendy
Officially Amused ;P

DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
Alright guys, so update on the mugen sides.

The sides I received were the 05-06 VIS mugen replica sides in the actual VIS racing sports box. I was told from VIS personally that these sides were not being made anymore. After a long 3 months of looking for the VIS sides and not having any luck I came across a guy named Erik who can get VIS and other parts for our cars. He is located in California and I just picked up my sides from Fedex yesterday. They were in good shape and come with 4 fiberglass tabs which makes them easier to mount. I was told from several people to get a perfect fitment on these, you need to pair them with the 02-04 type-s sides instead of the 05-06 type-s sides. I'm not sure how many more he has but, you can't beat his price.

If any of you guys want to get in contact with him, his email is dcbucio@gmail.com
just purchased my 05-06 mugen sides from erik and hes great, very simple & honest.
i live in hawaii so it was abit more than you mainlanders lol. $175 for the skirts, $205 for shipping & 3%fee=$12 so $392 for everything. just waiting for them to come in, ima shoot some outta the box pics then installed pics right after keep u fellow crsx enthusiasts updated hope everything goes well ;D haha
DC5_Trendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:31 PM   #98
Prezes5
shift into R for a Rocket

Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Prezes5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay_realist17 View Post
just purchased my 05-06 mugen sides from erik and hes great, very simple & honest.
i live in hawaii so it was abit more than you mainlanders lol. $175 for the skirts, $205 for shipping & 3%fee=$12 so $392 for everything. just waiting for them to come in, ima shoot some outta the box pics then installed pics right after keep u fellow crsx enthusiasts updated hope everything goes well ;D haha
that's a nice price considering that continental U.S shipping will be nowhere near that I'm assuming
1 3 5
╠╬╣┐ Polish Immigrant Crew
2 4 6 R
Progress Coilovers//Invidia Q300//Evo 9 Enkei//Injen MR CRSX Edition//OEM+
Prezes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #99
05Bucio

05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05Bucio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay_realist17 View Post
Thank you Ryan and Mark really appreciate it. If anyone needs any lip or side skirts feel free to pm on here or email me at the email Ryan provided for a quicker response
05Bucio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #100
Nhbp-typeS
Master Member

Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Nhbp-typeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Should have my 0204 type r front lip from eBay seller "4caroption" Monday. I'll post pics with fitment. I've purchased from them before and had good results. Only paid $62 for the lip shipped

R.I.P PAUL WALKER
Nhbp-typeS is offline   Reply With Quote