Engine bay size - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-04-2015, 01:22 AM   #1
Aarron_G

Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Engine bay size

Hey there, I'm looking to buy my rsx later on today and I haven't seen anything about this, but I noticed how small and compact the engine bay is and was just wondering how big of a problem it might be for doing any sort of modifications. Any information our help is appreciated.
Aarron_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2015, 01:26 AM   #2
PerezType-S
Master Member

PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The dc5 bay isn't as bad as the newer civic si engine bays
PerezType-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
the civic si engine bay size is a joke, can't even install an intake with ease

Old 02-04-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
Aarron_G

Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Aarron_G is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah, I noticed it wasn't as bad as the si, it's one of the main reasons I won't get the newer si's. But as for doing like bolt ons, turbo, headers and such, is it extremely difficult to maneuver around in?
Old 02-04-2015, 02:16 AM   #5
PerezType-S
Master Member

PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarron_G View Post
Yeah, I noticed it wasn't as bad as the si, it's one of the main reasons I won't get the newer si's. But as for doing like bolt ons, turbo, headers and such, is it extremely difficult to maneuver around in?
not at all. just remove the sway bar and your clear to work on the exhaust manifold
Old 02-04-2015, 03:39 AM   #6
Aarron_G

Awesome, I was worried it was going to be a hassle. Well hopefully everything goes well later today and I can post pics of my new type s
Old 02-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
the DC5 has room for days! Once you tuck it and shave it haha
Old 02-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
Aarron_G

Very nice, got my mechanic looking at it right now.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #9
SilverS-STL

SilverS-STL is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Once you remove the stock air box, it opens it up a lot.

Showoff Thread...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...1#post39577353
SilverS-STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #10
Aarron_G

So this is something I hadn't heard before. The one I'm looking at was made in California so everyone I do emissions it needs to be with their standards and parts? Seemed a little strange
Old 02-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #11
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
you live in Cali... yeah good luck moding there lol
Old 02-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #12
Aarron_G

I live in Utah lol
Old 02-04-2015, 06:01 PM   #13
White_02

White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Sounds like BS to me about the Cali parts only thing
Either I'm misreading it or they don't know what they're talking about
White_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #14
Aarron_G

No you read it right, it made no sense. I've talked to some other people about it too. They will thought it was the dumbest thing they ever heard lol
Old 02-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #15
mallen600
Pancakes

mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I don't know if there is much room to mod a DC5 under the hood - I don't think anyone has tried it yet.
TN CREW #6[/B]ABP Crew Member #79[/B]
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
***PIC OF BUFFALO HERE***
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:45 AM   #16
Aarron_G

I'm pretty sure tons of people have modded an tax before...
Old 02-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #17
PerezType-S
Master Member

^modded with income tax money? You know it
Old 02-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #18
Aarron_G

Haha autocorrect, I meant rsx but yes with tax money too lol
Old 02-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #19
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Pretty sure he was being an ass
Old 02-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #20
Squidward

Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerezType-S View Post
The dc5 bay isn't as bad as the newer civic si engine bays
This lol, I used to think the dc5 engine bay was horribly cramped, then i got an fg4

Squidward is offline   Reply With Quote