Muscle Car Choices? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
darth

darth is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Question Muscle Car Choices?

Which ones would you select from the past and the present? Classic T/As had style, and the Chrysler SRT8 Core seems to represent modern muscle best. Trying to get some idea on investment potential.

Firebird T/A

Core viddy

Gremlin 401-XR
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Anything classic will hold its value pretty well, if not appreciate. Just depends on your brand affiliation or taste in style. They're all going to be crap performers compared to a modern sports or muscle car. As far as the modern cars go... well, classic or modern I've always been a big Ford fan. If you're looking for an investment, and you like the LX platform, what about the Magnum SRT8? The limited production numbers and quick killing-off of the model are bound to make it a solid collector's car soon. I've been thinking of getting an R/T Magnum myself, just because the idea of a V8 wagon with RWD is bad-ass, especially when you swap on an early Charger SRT8 front end (300C's front is even easier because of Europe's 300C Touring, if you prefer that look)... beast!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-18-2015 at 04:28 PM..
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
revilingfool
Master Member

revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
78 t/a all the way. i went down to SC to pick up a 4 speed black car for 5500, built original motor and front suspension was done. up to about 15k in total now with repaint and fully brand new interior, all hand painted pin stripes etc. car should bring 40k easy now.

best investment car

Four wheels to move the body; two wheels to move the soul
revilingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
71 cuda... hemi, 440, either is fine.

69 chevelle (68 is fine too, only minor differences)

give me an old hipo in a fast back, and i'm happy... my favorite sound from a car ever out of a little ol' 289.

fox body mustang. doesn't matter if lx, coupe, gt, convertible, it's one of the easiest cars to make fast for cheap. the price of the cars has gone up, especially since probably half of them were done in by cash for clunkers, but you can still find them reasonably priced, with the exception of the coupe. mine is a gt hard top, but i'd like a t-top model.

i'm a ford guy, so if i were to go with one of the new cars it would be a mustang. my wife does drive a 2014 r/t charger though, and i like it pretty well.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
robbclark1
Master Member

robbclark1 is on a distinguished road
Monte Carlo SS or Buick GNX, all black. There was one for sale in Austin for 19k, but I don't have 19k.

Agent Smith, I had a 1992 red Mustang, 4cyl automatic. Slower than my civic.
robbclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:41 PM   #6
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbclark1 View Post
Monte Carlo SS or Buick GNX, all black. There was one for sale in Austin for 19k, but I don't have 19k.

Agent Smith, I had a 1992 red Mustang, 4cyl automatic. Slower than my civic.
i always forget about the gnx and t-type. yeah, i want to say the 2.3 4 cylinder made like 85 hp, lol.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:49 PM   #7
sleeks

sleeks is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
i always forget about the gnx and t-type. yeah, i want to say the 2.3 4 cylinder made like 85 hp, lol.
The GNX had more like 276hp and ran the 1/4 mile in mid 13s.
sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:45 AM   #8
darth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Anything classic will hold its value pretty well, if not appreciate. Just depends on your brand affiliation or taste in style. They're all going to be crap performers compared to a modern sports or muscle car. As far as the modern cars go... well, classic or modern I've always been a big Ford fan. If you're looking for an investment, and you like the LX platform, what about the Magnum SRT8? The limited production numbers and quick killing-off of the model are bound to make it a solid collector's car soon. I've been thinking of getting an R/T Magnum myself, just because the idea of a V8 wagon with RWD is bad-ass, especially when you swap on an early Charger SRT8 front end (300C's front is even easier because of Europe's 300C Touring, if you prefer that look)... beast!

As a side note concerning 300C. I have heard Fiat is relaunching the Lancia brand in Europe using the 300C. For that continent it will be a 300C with a different grille and diesel only power option. Doesn't really fit into my idea of an Italian Lancia.

I had read a Car and Driver report, from Feb 1979 I think, that suggested to readers to buy two Trans Ams, use one and store one. 1979 was the last year for the 6.6 liter Trans Am, and that seemed like good advice because even an ordinary 6.6 liter automatic will achieve over $30k today. That said, I also read in Road & Track that dealers were taking advantage of buyers looking for early chassis no. editions of the all new '84 Vette, back in the day. However, today those cars in mint condition are $15k, so that hasn't really gained in value as predicted.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #9
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeks View Post
The GNX had more like 276hp and ran the 1/4 mile in mid 13s.
it also had a 3.8 liter... his slow 4 cylinder mustang we were talking about was the 85hp 2.3 liter i was referring to.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:38 AM   #10
robbclark1
Master Member

robbclark1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
it also had a 3.8 liter... his slow 4 cylinder mustang we were talking about was the 85hp 2.3 liter i was referring to.
there was so much space in the engine bay. However, even the 5.0 only made something like 225hp stock.
robbclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #11
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbclark1 View Post
there was so much space in the engine bay. However, even the 5.0 only made something like 225hp stock.
Yeah, there weren't many cars that made a lot of power stock in the 80s. The Fox body is easy to make fast though.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #12
AndyH

AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AndyH is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My favorite muscle car has to be the 1970 Plymouth Hemi'Cuda. My dad had one of these with a V8 and duel-carbs. I remember this car well from when I was younger. I wish he would have held on to this, I would have loved to have owned this car now.

Last edited by AndyH; 06-25-2016 at 12:12 PM..
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #13
sweetchuck2001
05RSX-S-ASPEC

sweetchuck2001 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I don't have any experience with vintage muscle cars, but I love the new Shelby GT350...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160106_092338.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	626.4 KB
ID:	503905  
sweetchuck2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #14
RuizDC5
Knight Armament SR-635

RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
buy a hellcat challenger or scat pack challenger :megusta

Or any Shelby. It will be worth a lot years from now. Not sure about the dodge models, but I do know the shelby give there vehicles there own visible serial numbers. Kinda like the DC2 type R

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/

Old 03-03-2016, 07:28 PM   #15
4doorturbo

4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 4doorturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wish the sedan SRT8 line up came with a 6-speed.
4doorturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:10 AM   #16
darth

This is a sweet cowl induction 1st gen Camaro street car.

1969 Camaro 383