RSX vs FR-S - Page 6 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-31-2015, 04:06 PM   #126
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1 s2 View Post
Had alot of time behind the wheel of FRS or BRZ. Driving position is close to perfect in a way maybe even slightly better than the s2000.

However I don't think comparing the Rsx-S to a FR-S is fair, more like FRS/BRZ Vs S2000

Even now after owning an s2000 for a few months, still miss the K20A2 or K20A..
They're comparable, but definitely not a fair comparison lol
S2k still wins, 10+ years later
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 04:14 PM   #127
ChadTi99

ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChadTi99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1 s2 View Post

Even now after owning an s2000 for a few months, still miss the K20A2 or K20A..
Can you elaborate? From my experience it feels like the K20 has a bit more mid range torque compared to the F20 but I could be wrong.

Just realizing I'm thread jacking a bit here. I used to own an S2000 and test drove a BRZ. I felt the BRZ motor lacked any sort of drama that makes the F and K series motors so much fun. The BRZ motor was just lifeless IMHO.
ChadTi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:16 PM   #128
RecarosCostTooMuch
.♥

RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
I've already spoken to supercharged about this and yes the S2K is slightly better, but it was more expensive when it came out.
|Broke Student Crew|
|Bitch Crew|
RecarosCostTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #129
s1 s2

s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1 s2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadTi99 View Post
Can you elaborate? From my experience it feels like the K20 has a bit more mid range torque compared to the F20 but I could be wrong.

Just realizing I'm thread jacking a bit here. I used to own an S2000 and test drove a BRZ. I felt the BRZ motor lacked any sort of drama that makes the F and K series motors so much fun. The BRZ motor was just lifeless IMHO.
Exactly. For me the F series revs kinda slow nothing until hitting Vtec and doesnt respond well to mods . Its fun but not as good as K20A2 z1 z3 A with just simple bolt on and kpro.

The FRS/ BRZ is fine besides the tq dip i just dislike how it gives nothing up top.

05 PWP Rsx S

IG: @ s2_samm
s1 s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:35 PM   #130
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member
Most headers for this car fix the dip and even the off the shelf tunes finish the rest of it off.
Kevink121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:02 PM   #131
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecarosCostTooMuch View Post
I've already spoken to supercharged about this and yes the S2K is slightly better, but it was more expensive when it came out.
U are 100% correct on the price . But there's reasons. Honda did things that have never been done in the release for it. The first ever 240hp 4 cylinder motor. The most hp per litre 4 cylinder..Perfect 50 50 weight distribution. A digital cluster in the year 1999. A 9k rev limit engine equipped with forged pistons from factory.The s2000 is considered part of automotive history. There's reasons for the price . Not saying it's justifiable but they had reason for it. The frs brz new was cheaper but it doesn't do anything to set it apart from the pack. The s2000 did. U can get a very clean low s2000 low mileage for well under 20k now.

Last edited by superchargedk20; 08-31-2015 at 06:24 PM..
superchargedk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #132
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadTi99 View Post

I agree with u on the k20. My type s also feels better in mid range then my s2k used to when factory . The s2k doesn't come to life until 6k. Before that it's pretty much dead lol.
superchargedk20 is offline   Reply With Quote