Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Looking for Comptech foam air filter. Need Help

4K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  IronGumby 
#1 ·
Title says it all. I've googled it and still cant find it. Comptech website doesn't sell anything now since they were bought out. Any ideas would help. Thanx guys:beerchug:

#10 ·
They dropped the ball for to long, and the market is not the same as it was, and the chance of them being anything is a uphill battle. They would be better off having the dealers sell their stuff, and keep a low overhead, if they ever want to be anything, like they were before. Oh, and get off the high horse, and bring the prices down, or they will never have a come back!!!

#15 ·
I just swaped out the comptech foam filter for the K&N. No modifications for me. Fit almost perfect. Top was a little difficult putting back on but that was it. Very happy about that!

#22 · (Edited)
Comptech does not sell a replacement foam filter for their Icebox.

The K&N #E2429 fits in place of the foam filter for the Icebox Intake system.
Its take a little effort to get the top tube into the filter, but a little careful leverage from a screw driver worked perfectly.
The bottom portion is not a perfect, but as long as it is placed directly over the filter guide the pressure from the top cover will keep it in place.
I plan to test it in the morning.

So far so good, I heard the intake sound is slightly higher with these, so I will post an update tomorrow.

UPDATE:
Just returned from a test drive.
I did not notice anything different.
I will swap the Foam to K&N when I ned to clean the filters, this will minimize the downtime waiting for the filter to dry.

#30 ·
I have a comptech icebox in an ep3. I took the filter out to wash and it just fell apart. I took the k&n filter from my old stock box and tried to get it to fit into the comptech box...it was a really tight fit. You have to really force it on AND it doesn't seem to fit quite right. If you're ok with "iffy" fitment then go for it but it bothered me.

I took the arm and went to 2 autozones and then tried advanced auto parts.
The stock filter with the largest inside diameter I could find fit it...with a little bit of force. It went onto the arm easier than the K&N filter.

Its the Purolator A25456 Classic Air Filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Purolator-A25456-Classic-Air-Filter/dp/B000C6MKIC

I know its an old post but I figured I'd update it for anyone who won't give up their EP3/RSX like me.

#31 ·
Just installed the K&N 2429 after my original Comptech filter fell apart. The fit isn't great. Getting the filter on the tube was annoying but it seems to fit well once it's on. My biggest concern is I'm not confident about the bottom portion mating up and the top cover won't sit flush even with all of the screws tight. Any tips for getting this to fit better?

Slightly related, the snorkel is no longer attached to the box, any tips for replacement parts to attach it?

#32 ·
It sounds like that filter is too long, or you need to jam it on there more? Or, it doesn't slip over the lil mound/bump on the bottom of the inside of the icebox maybe? Idk what to suggest.

The snorkel IIRC had a lil screw that connected it to the icebox, but more importantly, there is also a bracket the holds the bottom of it that attaches near the bottom of your transmission. Maybe you don't have that bracket to help support it and not slip out of the bottom of the icebox

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.