Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

JRSC belts & pulleys: please discuss it here

52K views 819 replies 63 participants last post by  iamsyko 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know a lot of us JRSC guys having or had problems with our belts and pulleys and a lot of time we hijacking other threads because of it, so I thought it was a good idea to start up on a thread just about jrsc belts and pulleys. The thread is not only for current jrsc peeps but also for the newbies as well so they won't get us frustrated asking the same question over and over again.

I'll start off with one question, I read around and found a member who is using a goodyear 070775 belt which is 7 rib and 77.5 inches long. I tried a dayco belt that was 77.5 long and it wasn't even anywhere close to fitting onto the 3.4 pulley. The dayco 78.9 belt fit extremely well for the purpose. What I want to know is that anyone else tried the goodyear 77.5 long on a 3.4 pulley or is it because different makers make belt a little bit different in length.

TT

#809 ·
#815 ·
To be honest, I don't think you need it. I swapped my pulley without it as the JRSC kits for the RSX are not pressed on. You just need something to hold the pulley while you crack the nut with a rachet and good socket.

#817 ·
k20/24 JRSC setup
k24a4 block
k20a2 CP
NO AC/PS
3" Pulley
Stock Tensioner

What belt size? Currently using a 48.5" 6 rib belt (getting alot of belt squeal and belt hop) Starting to think i may not be using the right size belt and i can't find a 7 rib in the same length.

Anyone using the same setup? What belt are you using?

#818 ·
Holy crap. Maybe someone can modify the first post to actually help with Motor/accessories/belt options?

Side note, I read through most of this and cant seem to find my combo. Anybody have this setup that can help with belt numbers?

I am wanting to start off with K20A Crank pulley:

1. K20A motor with NO PS and NO AC Stock tensioner with 11 pound pulley from merc racing.
2. K20A motor with NO PS and NO AC Stock tensioner with 8 Pound pulley

If not enough boost I will change to the K24 crank pulley.

3. K20A motor with NO PS and NO AC Stock tensioner with 11 pound pulley from merc racing.
4. K20A motor with NO PS and NO AC Stock tensioner with 8 Pound pulley

#819 ·
crank pulley

I have just switched to Honda CRV 07-09 crank pulley at 6.5 inch. JRSC kit.

3.0 inch charger pulley and I have CT auto tensioner. The AC and Alternator spacer is
there to take up slack.

The AC spacer is half inch spaced out. Original belt size is 4070775.

K20a2 pulley is just under 6 inch at 5.95 inch. So to make the 40775 belt fit, I simply put a smaller spacer in the AC spacer and everything fit just fine after.

If you decide to delete AC or PS just make sure you use your old belt or a string to figure the new size and belt will stretch as much as quater inch after break in.
If you cannot find a size that you want, you can always play with AC and Alternator spacer to make a longer belt fit.

Happy belt hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.