***List of Wheel Sizes, Offsets, and Tire Sizes for RSX. - Page 50 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Wheels & Tires
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #1226
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalessio View Post
Is there any way to run a 235 or 245 on a 17x9 (+25) with a mild drop (1.5 finger gap)? Fenders will need to be rolled in rears, what about fronts? Also, anyone have any idea how much camber would be required?
Yes you can.. And when you bring it to get an alignment tell them
How you want it to sit. You should get your fender roll so you can run more positive camber. I usually try to get the positive as possible..The 235 or 245 is what you prefer.. Meaty or a little I mean slight stretch. Mehhhh more of a personal preference... Picture of car would be good To give us a idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rsx-ts View Post
could i have gone wider like a 235/45 or 235/40?
Yes you can mister.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2006 Acura RL NHBP SH-AWD
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 600 White
2007 Suzuki Gsxr 600 Black
iMoB_MyDc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #1227
Dalessio
Moved on to AWD & Boost

Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMoB_MyDc5 View Post
Yes you can.. And when you bring it to get an alignment tell them
How you want it to sit. You should get your fender roll so you can run more positive camber. I usually try to get the positive as possible..The 235 or 245 is what you prefer.. Meaty or a little I mean slight stretch. Mehhhh more of a personal preference... Picture of car would be good To give us a idea

It's sitting like a 4x4 at the moment, my ADD brain decided wheels first, coilovers second, but I'll get a pic when I get home.

I would definitely prefer a 245/40 and to be running as positive Camber as possible, but from what others have said with a 17x9 +25 I wasn't sure if I could. But I guess I just won't go slammed, right? Not that I wanted to, I just want a functional drop and meaty tires and to make sure it'll fit before I drop $$$ on them

Will front fenders need to be rolled?

'05 NHBP RSX-S

Last edited by Dalessio; 08-06-2013 at 09:34 AM..
Dalessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #1228
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iMoB_MyDc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
It's sitting like a 4x4 at the moment, my ADD brain decided wheels first, coilovers second, but I'll get a pic when I get home.

I would definitely prefer a 245/40 and to be running as positive Camber as possible, but from what others have said with a 17x9 +25 I wasn't sure if I could. But I guess I just won't go slammed, right? Not that I wanted to, I just want a functional drop and meaty tires and to make sure it'll fit before I drop $$$ on them

Will front fenders need to be rolled?
It will fit. Functional or not. It all about preference lolz. Good luck. It a trial and error type of thing. But 4x4 and those offset would look retarded. Lolz but you have your goals.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #1229
Dalessio
Moved on to AWD & Boost

Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dalessio is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
It will fit. Functional or not. It all about preference lolz. Good luck. It a trial and error type of thing. But 4x4 and those offset would look retarded. Lolz but you have your goals.

It does look retarded at the moment

'05 NHBP RSX-S

Dalessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #1230
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

Quote:
It does look retarded at the moment

Old 08-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #1231
nuno
gotta pay to play..

nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nuno is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wheel: 5zigen pro racer NG+
17x8.5 +35
tire: falken azenis
245/45/17
pic:

2014 update show off link:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=938074
nuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #1232
monjarassi
RealTalk

monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start
^^^ that's a very dope shot.

PTE 6266 turbo EP3 built motor

speedlab.net for all your tuning needs!!

**1st Ep3 with K2nd billet shifter box**
monjarassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #1233
PsychoNutype

PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I was wondering if anyones tried 235/45/17 Tires on a 17x8 +42 wheel on the rsx. Im afraid the 235's will hit the rear trailing arm at this offset.
Right now the Wheels have 225/45/17 tires on and everythings fine, but i want to run wider tires

Thanks for any info

My alignment specs if it matters:
0 toe all around
-1.4 camber front
-0.5 camber rear
Dropped on A-spec suspension
PsychoNutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #1234
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoNutype View Post
I was wondering if anyones tried 235/45/17 Tires on a 17x8 +42 wheel on the rsx. Im afraid the 235's will hit the rear trailing arm at this offset.
Right now the Wheels have 225/45/17 tires on and everythings fine, but i want to run wider tires

Thanks for any info

My alignment specs if it matters:
0 toe all around
-1.4 camber front
-0.5 camber rear
Dropped on A-spec suspension
That's monster truck height you don't have no worry. The inner wheel barrel should be cleared i suppose and Your tires wouldn't be the thing hitting it. If your okay now you will be okay with 235.. Plus you have plenty of room with aspec drop. 5mm spacer will also clear it if your scared it will hit lolz..

Last edited by iMoB_MyDc5; 08-12-2013 at 02:58 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #1235
PsychoNutype

PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PsychoNutype is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i was under the impression that the rear trailing arm moves with your suspension so wether the car was dropped or not wouldnt make a difference. The wheel sits quite close to the arm already, and im afraid the 235/45 might bulge a bit too much from the wheel.
Id rather not run spacers if possible
PsychoNutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #1236
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoNutype View Post
i was under the impression that the rear trailing arm moves with your suspension so wether the car was dropped or not wouldnt make a difference. The wheel sits quite close to the arm already, and im afraid the 235/45 might bulge a bit too much from the wheel.
Id rather not run spacers if possible
5mm spacer is nothing. Like I said the inner wheel barrel is the part that would rub/touch but not the tire. Lolz

Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #1237
obgbeto

obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
would i rub on 17x9 +40 on a spec suspension with maybe dropping an inch eventually ?
obgbeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #1238
Justin_DC5

Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Justin_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Someone PLEASE HELP ME

IM ordering my first coilover set (racelands; dont judge me) tomorrow and i have an 02 base with stock 02 rims. i dont want any rubbing anywhere and i would like to kep the fender lining. can someone please tell me what wheel spacers i should buy for the rear and front ? and this is without the fenders rolled thank you.

Last edited by Justin_DC5; 08-22-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Justin_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #1239
obgbeto

obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx obgbeto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_DC5 View Post
IM ordering my first coilover set (racelands; dont judge me) tomorrow and i have an 02 base with stock 02 rims. i dont want any rubbing anywhere and i would like to kep the fender lining. can someone please tell me what wheel spacers i should buy for the rear and front ? and this is without the fenders rolled thank you.
I don't think you would need any unless you get wider wheels like a 17x9 and up
Old 08-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #1240
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_DC5 View Post
I don't judge. Unless your ghey... Jk.. 20mm-25mm spacer if you don't want to remove your stock wheel stud. If you want to keep your fender liner then you will have to figure that out after adjusting your coilover height. Get camber kit as well.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #1241
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgbeto View Post
would i rub on 17x9 +40 on a spec suspension with maybe dropping an inch eventually ?
No.. Lol maybe a 5mm spacer in the rear to clear the trailing arm. I forgot if +40 clear or not on a x9. But you should figure it out after you test fit it.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:44 AM   #1242
Thereno
RSX enthusiast

Thereno is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Wow, I have never even posted on here...

Been a member since 2006. My '02 RSX got run into a concrete wall in 2007 and I bought an '05 base a year ago, so I guess that explains my absence.

Anyways, I have some noob questions (I won't learn unless I ask).

Car is an '05 RSX base autobox. It is absolutely stock. I don't know a lot about changing wheel sizes. i have come across a set of Enkei EV5's that I like the look. They are 18x7.5 with the correct bolt pattern (tires will be purchased separately, but I was thinking wide, 225/40-18).

My main question is, what other things would I need to change?
I understand what an offset is (distance from hub mount to the centerline of the wheel), but according to the chart on pg 1, I have a +45 and need to go to +43 offset. How do I do that? Is that buy changing the bolts or using some sort of spacer? If it is a spacer, is there a 45mm one on the stockies that can be removed? I can easily grind and lap 2mm off of it, I have the capability and tools (I am a metrologist, I can lap stuff down and keep it flat and parallel to 0.000015"). If it is just a ~$20 part issue though, I'd just buy it.
And finally, moving from the stock 17's to 18's, will that give me the offroad look? I would much rather keep it the same ride height as it is currently, so I would like to know if I would need to get into suspension lowering.

I would like to thank everyone who reads that long post in advance.
Thereno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #1243
uhvincentngo

uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx uhvincentngo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys so right now I have an 03 RSX and I plan on picking up new wheels soon. The wheels I'm getting are 18x9.5 +35 (tires 215/35) all around...is the offset too aggressive? I have a camber kit already installed and I'm going to get my fenders rolled prior to wheel installment. Help me out!!
uhvincentngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #1244
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
No, but your tire stretch is.
Your offset might actually not be aggressive enough. Not sure about 9.5's...
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #1245
obgbeto

Quote:
No.. Lol maybe a 5mm spacer in the rear to clear the trailing arm. I forgot if +40 clear or not on a x9. But you should figure it out after you test fit it.

Thanks and do you think I could run like a 245/45/17 tire on there ?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #1246
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereno View Post
Wow, I have never even posted on here...

Been a member since 2006. My '02 RSX got run into a concrete wall in 2007 and I bought an '05 base a year ago, so I guess that explains my absence.

Anyways, I have some noob questions (I won't learn unless I ask).

Car is an '05 RSX base autobox. It is absolutely stock. I don't know a lot about changing wheel sizes. i have come across a set of Enkei EV5's that I like the look. They are 18x7.5 with the correct bolt pattern (tires will be purchased separately, but I was thinking wide, 225/40-18).

My main question is, what other things would I need to change?
I understand what an offset is (distance from hub mount to the centerline of the wheel), but according to the chart on pg 1, I have a +45 and need to go to +43 offset. How do I do that? Is that buy changing the bolts or using some sort of spacer? If it is a spacer, is there a 45mm one on the stockies that can be removed? I can easily grind and lap 2mm off of it, I have the capability and tools (I am a metrologist, I can lap stuff down and keep it flat and parallel to 0.000015"). If it is just a ~$20 part issue though, I'd just buy it.
And finally, moving from the stock 17's to 18's, will that give me the offroad look? I would much rather keep it the same ride height as it is currently, so I would like to know if I would need to get into suspension lowering.

I would like to thank everyone who reads that long post in advance.
And I guess you still haven't posted according to your post count! I guess this thread doesn't count

Regarding the EV5's, I would advise going with the 17" wheels if you want to improve the performance of your car. The 18" wheels weigh 21.8lbs and the 17" ones weigh 18.6lbs, but they are only 7" wide (same as stock). Speaking of which, the stock 17x7" 05-06 rims weigh 20.7lbs. So the lighter they are, the more responsive they are to acceleration and braking (less rotational inertia), as well as allows your suspension to react/behave a little faster. But if looks are your thing, then the 18-inchers are probably going to feel close to stock, so you won't really notice :]. But for reference, the 02-04 16x6" wheels are only 16lbs.

Also regarding not noticing the difference, 18" wheels will not make your car have more of a 4x4 look, unless you increase the diameter/circumference of the tire (that is not math -- just either/or), raising the center of the wheel higher off the ground, which is attached to your axles & suspension. So to get the same diameter you have to get a low profile tire (shorter sidewall), i.e. going from a /45 tire to a /40. This is pretty much my go-to source to compare: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html. Or, when looking at a tire brochure, look at the Revolutions Per Mile and make sure they are about the same. More Revs means it is smaller. Going larger can decrease performance but can gain you some mpgs on the highway. Some people go with 235/45R17s for example, but I'd rather just go wider with a 245/40R17. Note: not all tire widths fit on any rim width, so be sure you meet the minimum if you beyond a 225 wide tire.

As for your offset, +43 is actually a greater offset than +45, in terms of making the wheel stick out, so you'd want a 2mm spacer, in your instance, not grind away less :]. I think 5mm is the smallest spacer, but you can just get +40 offset rims to begin with. But, with only 7.5" wide rims, you don't need spacers at all with a +45 offset. That +43 was just some geometric ideal offset.

Just make sure you pick something you've seen someone do before. Capisce?
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #1247
FatBoyNYC
Maldito Goldo

FatBoyNYC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Work Kiwami
18x9.5 +20
235/40

Taffeta White 2004 RSX Base AUTO For Sale
FatBoyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:22 AM   #1248
iMoB_MyDc5
No.. No we no like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyNYC View Post
Work Kiwami
18x9.5 +20
235/40

Do 245! Haha it will fit with a slight pulled

Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #1249
UM_DC5
from 2004

UM_DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I have a set of SSR Type F wheels - 17x7.5 +48 offset, will they sit more "inside" than my stock 02-04 wheels? If so, what size spacers should I get? Car is lowered on Tein Basic with 1.5 finger gap.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #1250
FatBoyNYC
Maldito Goldo

FatBoyNYC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i would go with 15-20mm spacer. if you want a little poke go with 25mm
Taffeta White 2004 RSX Base AUTO For Sale
FatBoyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote