***List of Wheel Sizes, Offsets, and Tire Sizes for RSX. - Page 55 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Wheels & Tires
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #1351
K20ghost

K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
dang so i would need to get a rear camber kit then? i was thinking 17x9 +35 with 235/40/17's then, maybe even 245's.

so basically any 17x9 will rub..

Last edited by K20ghost; 07-04-2014 at 05:55 PM..
K20ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #1352
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Yeah you'll need a rear camber kit. With a 245 or larger I almost guarantee you'll have to roll your rear fenders. 235 maybe not but with how much the shocks travel you should roll them to be safe. Here's a bad photo of my setup, 17x9 +35 255/40 -2F/-1R camber

Old 07-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #1353
K20ghost

K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20ghost is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks alot for the info has been very very helpful. if i go 17x8+35 will i have the same potential rubbing/camber issue?

Old 07-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #1354
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
My friend ran 17x8.5 +30 225/45 (should have went with a 40 profile), no rear camber kit, dropped on springs, so about 1.5-2 finger gap all around and had no issues with rubbing. I think depending on the tire (some run wider than others, some narrower) he probably could've done a 235/40 without rolling the rears. He was probably at -2 to -2.5 rear camber, just because when you lower the car you get negative camber as a result of the suspension geometry

My two cents, and take it as you will, just roll the rear and get a camber kit, even if you run a smaller size it allows the flexibility of upgrading to a bigger setup later on.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #1355
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
Both front and rear goes negative when the shock compresses so your fine even if you run a little bit of camber.

Dan prob needs a bit more rear camber. I used to run -1.5 and it didnt wear out the tires or anything.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #1356
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
Both front and rear goes negative when the shock compresses so your fine even if you run a little bit of camber.

Dan prob needs a bit more rear camber. I used to run -1.5 and it didnt wear out the tires or anything.
When I first lowered the car I didn't have a rear camber kit and I was at -3 rear camber lol. I still have those tires, the toe was always in spec so I didn't have any major wear issues. Next alignment I'll add a little bit more negative camber though, probably -2.5F/1.25R, perhaps a little toe in on the rear axle
Old 07-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #1357
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
Rear toe should be 0 if you know how to drive. Toeing in the rear makes the car understeer. The front should be toed out for track racing. Rear toe is set in a bit to make the car understeer but it sucks

Old 07-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #1358
nutsfu

nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nutsfu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I am trying to decide between two different sets of wheels but I need some advice on fitment. I have an 06 with A-spec suspension. I am considering one set that is 18x9 +35 and another that is 18x9 +26. The winning set will be paired with either 235/35/R18 or 245/35/R18 (no stretched tires).
I really want to avoid adding camber.
Will I be able to fit them with no rubbing if I roll and/or pull the fenders (and don't add camber)?
I am leaning heavily towards the 18x9 +26 (VS-XX)
nutsfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #1359
K20ghost

After much looking around looks like im getting some 17x8.25 +35. Should hopefully be fine on those with 225 or 235/40/17's. Hopefully no rubbing lol
Old 07-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #1360
Moises's_Rsx
DC5 Gang***ger

Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe
Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20ghost View Post
After much looking around looks like im getting some 17x8.25 +35. Should hopefully be fine on those with 225 or 235/40/17's. Hopefully no rubbing lol
225/45/17 & 235/40/17 goes well with 17x8-8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecarosCostTooMuch View Post
Vote DJ for most disappointing build in recent CRSX history.
Moises's_Rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:50 AM   #1361
salsa4u

salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
18x8.75 +20 offset flush and no wheel gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsfu View Post
I am trying to decide between two different sets of wheels but I need some advice on fitment. I have an 06 with A-spec suspension. I am considering one set that is 18x9 +35 and another that is 18x9 +26. The winning set will be paired with either 235/35/R18 or 245/35/R18 (no stretched tires).
I really want to avoid adding camber.
Will I be able to fit them with no rubbing if I roll and/or pull the fenders (and don't add camber)?
I am leaning heavily towards the 18x9 +26 (VS-XX)

Anyone have an answer to this??????
salsa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #1362
Waleed786

Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
^
9" +35 if you didn't learn anything from the first page. +26 will require more camber

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Waleed786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #1363
salsa4u

salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salsa4u is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
235/35/R18 or 245/35/R18 (no stretched tires)?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
^
9" +35 if you didn't learn anything from the first page. +26 will require more camber

Need tire size to be flushed with A-Spec suspension:
235/35/R18 or 245/35/R18 or 235/40/18 or 235/45/18 or 240/40/18 or 245/40/18 or 245/46/18 (NO stretched tires) - which one will be close to flush?????
Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #1364
salsa4u

Aspec drop with xxr 527 18x8.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa4u View Post
Need tire size to be flushed with A-Spec suspension:
235/35/R18 or 245/35/R18 or 235/40/18 or 235/45/18 or 240/40/18 or 245/40/18 or 245/46/18 (NO stretched tires) - which one will be close to flush?????
Also trying to get no wheel gap, thanks
Old 07-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #1365
Waleed786

Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Waleed786 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dont understand what the heck you're saying. How can a tire be flush with a strut/shock?
Wheel gap depends on your suspension.
Also, do some reading on what the numbers in tire sizes mean

Waleed786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #1366
bluej511
Name's Vic

He means flush with the wheel. All someone has to do is check what size tire for a 9in wheel.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #1367
Moises's_Rsx
DC5 Gang***ger

Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe
i mean aspec suspension is not that low, just one inch right ?. so i think maybe a 245/40/18 or you can do 255/35/18

Quote:
Old 07-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #1368
FerociouS

FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Would I need to run spacers on 17x9 +40 wheels all around?
FerociouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #1369
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerociouS View Post
Would I need to run spacers on 17x9 +40 wheels all around?
I think you need +35 at minimum, so 5mm spacers. People usually go with +35 or +30
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #1370
Moises's_Rsx
DC5 Gang***ger

Im running 17x9 +38 with no spacers at all, no problems

Quote:
Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #1371
FerociouS

FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FerociouS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moises's_Rsx View Post
Im running 17x9 +38 with no spacers at all, no problems
How low are you? I might need 5 mm spacers just to make sure
FerociouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #1372
Moises's_Rsx
DC5 Gang***ger

Im 2" low

Quote:
Old 08-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #1373
dc5_dy
is John

dc5_dy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
17x8 +45 on 245/40 tires. will it rub? I'm on A-SPEC suspension.
dc5_dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #1374
Moises's_Rsx
DC5 Gang***ger

Not at all
Edit: trailing arm maybe because size and offset too high

Quote:

Last edited by Moises's_Rsx; 08-24-2014 at 05:56 AM..
Old 08-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #1375
bluej511
Name's Vic

For an 8in wheel that might be a bit too inside as far as offset goes. Might rub on the rear control arm or inner fender wheels. Search online theres a way to measure where your wheel will sit with offset.

8in with that offest might be 5in inwards from the hub or 6in or wtv it is.