Turbo *Chat* Crank the Boost & Turn'er Loose - Page 35 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #851
Jeff122886
Fully Boosted

Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore
Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore
ABP Crew Member #30 636whp, 502trq on C16
Boost Slut Krew Member #7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My 04 PPG & Turbocharged ABP RSX-S
My Twinscroll Full Race 8374 EFR Build Thread
Jeff122886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #852
b005t3drsx
S372

b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
it's dead as fuck in here.
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,"Wow ---- What a ride!!!"--
b005t3drsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:44 AM   #853
Jeff122886
Fully Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by b005t3drsx View Post
it's dead as fuck in here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 05-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #854
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with
kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
....got my rbc shaved and cleaned up. 72mm throttle body mounted up. Had to replace my pressure plate. It was worn over 1mm
Old 06-26-2018, 06:08 PM   #855
Slowmeed
Team Slow

Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Man, I just necroed the fuck out of my account, and since it's dead as hell up in this joint I thought I'd come say hi, introduce myself, and add some banter to this thread.

My name's slowmeed, actual name Omid, I joined back in 2012 after lurking for a solid year and a half. I didn't have a lot to contribute as a 21 year old pre-pubescent boy with no money, which explains my post count. Now I find that as a 27 pre-pubescent boy, I have managed to accumulate some money in my pocket I can't remember the last time I was on this site, maybe 2013? I left right as Juan finished his first turbo Stang build, I'm sure he's rebuilt it at least 3 times by now - so that should give a reference as to the last time I was here. It's great to see so many recognizable names from back when I was still active, jeff, boosted, fracker, bigworm, spaz, and so many more - It's awesome that you guys are still going hard.

The forum definitely seems to have died down a lot, and the market place is slow as hell, no where near the same number/frequency of posts that I saw before.

Anyways, sorry for the long introduction, let's get to the meat of this bitch. Now that I have some money, I have some future aspiration for my BOM z1 75k miles with basic bolt ons - so it's definitely not too late to throw some boost at it with stock internals, I think. Last compression test I did every cylinder was within the acceptable variance range. It's my daily so I'm aiming for something like 350whp on 91 octane (no access to e85 in Canada).

So with my power goal in mind, I have a few questions for you fellas (yes I could use 'search', but fuck that, let's chat). I'm working on the tranny this summer since my clutch needs replacing. Here are some q's:
- Thinking of getting CC stage 2 clutch since I daily and this clutch seems like the upper limit of tolerable for daily driving. It should hold my 350whp right? any other suggestions for clutch replacement?
- Last I read, it's best to keep OEM flywheel if you're boosting, is this still the case?
- There's so many aftermarket parts available now, holy fuck. For LSDs the only one that rings a bell is wavetrac and OS giken. I don't plan to drag race, just rolling starts. Any recommendations for LSDs under 800? I can bump the budget up to 900 if absolutely necessary and it's worth.
- What FD are people running these days, again, there's so many more fucking options than before.
- my synchros haven't given me any problems yet, but I figure while I have the tranny out, I might as well change them if it's worthwhile. I'm looking at the synchrotech carbon rebuild kit. Is it worth 450 bucks or should I just keep my shit stock.
- Have I missed any other tranny components worth upgrading? I'm doing the work myself and would rather not take off the tranny more than once and just get it over with all at once.

Sorry for all the questions friends, I could have searched but then I couldn't say hi to Juan. HI JUAN!

Last edited by Slowmeed; 06-26-2018 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: spelling
Slowmeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:19 PM   #856
05OrangeS

05OrangeS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmeed View Post
Man, I just necroed the fuck out of my account, and since it's dead as hell up in this joint I thought I'd come say hi, introduce myself, and add some banter to this thread.

My name's slowmeed, actual name Omid, I joined back in 2012 after lurking for a solid year and a half. I didn't have a lot to contribute as a 21 year old pre-pubescent boy with no money, which explains my post count. Now I find that as a 27 pre-pubescent boy, I have managed to accumulate some money in my pocket I can't remember the last time I was on this site, maybe 2013? I left right as Juan finished his first turbo Stang build, I'm sure he's rebuilt it at least 3 times by now - so that should give a reference as to the last time I was here. It's great to see so many recognizable names from back when I was still active, jeff, boosted, fracker, bigworm, spaz, and so many more - It's awesome that you guys are still going hard.

The forum definitely seems to have died down a lot, and the market place is slow as hell, no where near the same number/frequency of posts that I saw before.

Anyways, sorry for the long introduction, let's get to the meat of this bitch. Now that I have some money, I have some future aspiration for my BOM z1 75k miles with basic bolt ons - so it's definitely not too late to throw some boost at it with stock internals, I think. Last compression test I did every cylinder was within the acceptable variance range. It's my daily so I'm aiming for something like 350whp on 91 octane (no access to e85 in Canada).

So with my power goal in mind, I have a few questions for you fellas (yes I could use 'search', but fuck that, let's chat). I'm working on the tranny this summer since my clutch needs replacing. Here are some q's:
- Thinking of getting CC stage 2 clutch since I daily and this clutch seems like the upper limit of tolerable for daily driving. It should hold my 350whp right? any other suggestions for clutch replacement?
- Last I read, it's best to keep OEM flywheel if you're boosting, is this still the case?
- There's so many aftermarket parts available now, holy fuck. For LSDs the only one that rings a bell is wavetrac and OS giken. I don't plan to drag race, just rolling starts. Any recommendations for LSDs under 800? I can bump the budget up to 900 if absolutely necessary and it's worth.
- What FD are people running these days, again, there's so many more fucking options than before.
- my synchros haven't given me any problems yet, but I figure while I have the tranny out, I might as well change them if it's worthwhile. I'm looking at the synchrotech carbon rebuild kit. Is it worth 450 bucks or should I just keep my shit stock.
- Have I missed any other tranny components worth upgrading? I'm doing the work myself and would rather not take off the tranny more than once and just get it over with all at once.

Sorry for all the questions friends, I could have searched but then I couldn't say hi to Juan. HI JUAN!
- CC stage 2 will work fine, you'll probably want more power later so you could do the CC stage 4.

- OEM flywheel

- Wavetrac, MFactory, Quaife or OEM DC5R/Civic Si 06+

- For your goal, stick with your OEM 4.7FD

- Change your synchros while you have your trans apart, with new OEM ones atleast or you could do Synchrotech

- Maybe look into a CMC upgrade? Some spring upgrades and/or solid bushings?
05OrangeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:00 PM   #857
Jeff122886
Fully Boosted

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05OrangeS View Post
- CC stage 2 will work fine, you'll probably want more power later so you could do the CC stage 4.

- OEM flywheel

- Change your synchros while you have your trans apart, with new OEM ones atleast or you could do Synchrotech

i say CC stage 4, its pretty much the same pressure plate, just do a sprung 6 puck, gives you room for growing.

-oem fly

-quaife or wavetrac

-stock fd

-PPG or Albin Gears are really the only worthwhile upgrade IMO

-also vote CMC upgrade. put Hybrid racing shifter bushings in, and the metal bushings in shifter, as well as a metal shift arm upgrade. makes the gear changes really nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #858
Slowmeed
Team Slow

Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Slowmeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05OrangeS View Post

- OEM flywheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff122886 View Post
i say CC stage 4, its pretty much the same pressure plate, just do a sprung 6 puck, gives you room for growing.

-oem fly

-quaife or wavetrac

-stock fd

-PPG or Albin Gears are really the only worthwhile upgrade IMO

-also vote CMC upgrade. put Hybrid racing shifter bushings in, and the metal bushings in shifter, as well as a metal shift arm upgrade. makes the gear changes really nice.
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, great to see there is still some lurking action around on this forum! Has k20a.org suffered the same lull or is that forum still as active?

I forgot to mention, I'm currently running your basic full bolt-on setup (with kprov3), with some overkill 88a mounts that I bought back in 2013 thinking I'd turbo back then, and here we are in 2018 hahaha....

@05OrangeS I totally misread kseriesparts wrong, I didn't realize syncrotech was the budget alternative to the OEM syncros. In that case, I'll definitely go OEM for 3rd gear, and I'll have to see what shape my other synchros are in.
By springs, I assume you mean valve springs. with 350hp, is it really necessary to upgrade them? I mean if I go more hp in the future then I'd probably get some supertech 92 lbs dual valve springs, retainers, and keepers. Worth changing the valves as well or nah?

@Jeff
Definitely don't have the funds to dump into a ppg set unless I get lucky and run into something used
How is the CC stage 4 clutch to daily with? This'll be my daily unfortunately, and do you have any opinions on CC stage 4 vs CM FX400?
With regards to the shifter upgrades, I have a PSPEC short shifter, not sure if you remember these (https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=686354) from back when BC and Revo short shifters were all the rage, and way before all these nice full billet shifters were developed by the likes of ktuned. So for the time being, I think I should have the bushings covered. Would you recommend shifter cable bushings?
Lastly, with the CMC upgrade, EM2 or ktuned or either is fine?

Thanks for the info guys! Now time to slowly peruse the internet for used parts. I love the look of a sidewinder, but may end up getting something like a greddy kit since I'm not probably gonna push 400hp for the foreseeable future. i'm thinking 650cc injectors should be enough (and fuel pump and rail upgrade). Any need for a fuel return and regulator at that hp?
Old 07-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #859
Jeff122886
Fully Boosted

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, great to see there is still some lurking action around on this forum! Has k20a.org suffered the same lull or is that forum still as active?

I forgot to mention, I'm currently running your basic full bolt-on setup (with kprov3), with some overkill 88a mounts that I bought back in 2013 thinking I'd turbo back then, and here we are in 2018 hahaha....

@05OrangeS I totally misread kseriesparts wrong, I didn't realize syncrotech was the budget alternative to the OEM syncros. In that case, I'll definitely go OEM for 3rd gear, and I'll have to see what shape my other synchros are in.
By springs, I assume you mean valve springs. with 350hp, is it really necessary to upgrade them? I mean if I go more hp in the future then I'd probably get some supertech 92 lbs dual valve springs, retainers, and keepers. Worth changing the valves as well or nah?

@Jeff
Definitely don't have the funds to dump into a ppg set unless I get lucky and run into something used
How is the CC stage 4 clutch to daily with? This'll be my daily unfortunately, and do you have any opinions on CC stage 4 vs CM FX400?
With regards to the shifter upgrades, I have a PSPEC short shifter, not sure if you remember these (https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=686354) from back when BC and Revo short shifters were all the rage, and way before all these nice full billet shifters were developed by the likes of ktuned. So for the time being, I think I should have the bushings covered. Would you recommend shifter cable bushings?
Lastly, with the CMC upgrade, EM2 or ktuned or either is fine?

Thanks for the info guys! Now time to slowly peruse the internet for used parts. I love the look of a sidewinder, but may end up getting something like a greddy kit since I'm not probably gonna push 400hp for the foreseeable future. i'm thinking 650cc injectors should be enough (and fuel pump and rail upgrade). Any need for a fuel return and regulator at that hp?
i only ran the CC stage 4 so can't input comparison on the other clutch, the stage 4 wasnt bad. i daily drove it for awhile. I forget the name of the CMC i ran, it was a really short stroke/wide piston and super heavy with my STG 4. i heard good things about the EM2 CMC.

i once thought a greddy manifold was what i wanted and would be happy with 300-350whp and soon my dreams grew and had to change out the manifold/IC. i say just hunt down sidewinder parts now, easier to change the turbo out down the road to a bigger one if you want to upgrade. greddy kit there is no way you will make 400, i had a gt2871r on a greddy mani and barely squeeze 350whp with full supporting mods. fuel system should be good for mid 300's without an external pump but you will need a intank ugprade, no need for a return/regulator unless you are going for over 500
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-31-2018, 01:40 AM   #860
DC5808
Vtec killer + Boost!!!

DC5808 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Sup guys?!! Finally got my build up and running! Anyways, any feedback on Insane Shafts axles? Thinking of getting the 1000hp version or should I be fine with the stock OEM base axles? I only plan on doing circuit racing and no drag racing at all if that helps. See some of the OG guys still in here👍 I will be coming here a bit more often since my car is alive now lol😆
Vtec killer + boost member #1

http://Speedlab.net/
DC5808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:41 AM   #861
Jeff122886
Fully Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5808 View Post
Sup guys?!! Finally got my build up and running! Anyways, any feedback on Insane Shafts axles? Thinking of getting the 1000hp version or should I be fine with the stock OEM base axles? I only plan on doing circuit racing and no drag racing at all if that helps. See some of the OG guys still in here👍 I will be coming here a bit more often since my car is alive now lol😆
how much power you running? i had stock axles on 640whp and no issues
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-01-2018, 01:54 AM   #862
DC5808
Vtec killer + Boost!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff122886 View Post
how much power you running? i had stock axles on 640whp and no issues
Good to know! Plan on similar power range as you
Still need to break the engine in, but after all these years on this build, finally hearing the car start and idle got me all

Old 08-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #863
DC5808
Vtec killer + Boost!!!

This place has died down significantly since the last time I was on here. I remember we used close this turbo thread and start a new thread like there was no tomorrow lol

Old 09-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #864
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with
kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Hey Andrew, you live in a cul-de-SACK? Think I saw your place the other day. Saw a black RSX on stands in a garage...lol. Hit me up. I saw your brother the other week
Old 09-09-2018, 11:48 PM   #865
BigWorm85
armchair engine builder

BigWorm85 gets around and is known
BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known
Old 09-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #866
Push
doing stuff

Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Sup y'all! Been a long time.

Getting ready to do my annual emissions test. Got my test pipe with hi-flo cat in place, went to set readiness in kpro and I don't see that shit anymore.
Used to be under Online --> Set Readiness, but on the latest k-pro version it is gone.
I can't get readiness codes to show completed for everything.
Have they moved it somewhere else or done away with it?
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #867
Push
doing stuff

Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Well I do believe the Set Readiness feature was removed. I just ended up driving the car around a bunch after switching the catted pipe in and now the readiness codes read completed.
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #868
MITeggy17
El Chapo

MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Flanz's old RSX for sale locally, looks like it hasn't changed a bit:

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...691233720.html

ThePremSociety | Stella | Team Tuna | Infamous O.G. | G.O.A.T
MITeggy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #869
b005t3drsx
S372

b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
Hey Andrew, you live in a cul-de-SACK? Think I saw your place the other day. Saw a black RSX on stands in a garage...lol. Hit me up. I saw your brother the other week
yeah that was me. You should have stopped by. Message me your number I don't have it anymore.
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,"Wow ---- What a ride!!!"--
b005t3drsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:26 PM   #870
DC5808
Vtec killer + Boost!!!

Need a little help guys. I have been having a little issue with the car lately and maybe one you guys can shed some light or help me get this issue fixed.

I have a CC twin disk and at idle when I push in the clutch the car would either drop to around 800rpm or just completely stall and die out.

Motor is properly built and all within specs. I have changed o2 sensor, map sensor, iacv and even upgraded to newer Kpro V4.

I have Fic 2150cc injectors with a base fuel pressure at 60psi, but also dropped it down to 50psi with the same results. I have also switched to ID 2000 injectors but no luck, car still drops low on rpm or stalls...

Funny thing is that it is intermittent, sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't do it, so I'm just stumped at this point and running out of ideas.

I also got a new em2 CMC and maybe thought my old one was internally leaking, but no luck. I have adjusted the CMC both from it's longest setting and shortest setting and still stalls and drops rpm. Any help at this point, I will greatly appreciate it!

Old 10-17-2018, 01:33 AM   #871
Slowmeed
Team Slow

Serious offer, I want to buy someone ones complete kit.
You looking to step out the game then holla
Old 11-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #872
Koreo
Master Member

Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
anyone out there?

Looking to clear some space. Prefer pick but will ship at buyers expense.

Selling custom kteller 3in exhaust with vibrant turbo muffler.

3in down pipe

Full race intercooler with piping

|Full Race|Garrett|Tial|K-Teller|Hondata|Injector Dynamics|Hasport|Walboro|Competition Clutch|Enkei|Rokkor|Progress|Junk2|Mugen|Blox|Defi |AEM|Hawk|Clubrsx|
Koreo is offline   Reply With Quote