Rear Speaker and Sub Wires Cut - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
richgt86dc5

richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx richgt86dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Rear Speaker and Sub Wires Cut

How's everyone doing, previous owner of my 03 type s cut the wires for the rear speakers and the stock bose sub. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get replacements? Tired of listening to my HU through the front speakers lol.
richgt86dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This connector looks identical to the ones I had for my rear speakers, but I have a base and I'm not sure whether the bose speakers have different connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-7800.../dp/B0002BEPJY

Not sure on the sub, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Why not just upgrade? Aftermarket speakers don't use factory connectors anyways. Just have to throw a dab of solder on there.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:38 PM   #3
xDC5

xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
This connector looks identical to the ones I had for my rear speakers, but I have a base and I'm not sure whether the bose speakers have different connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-7800.../dp/B0002BEPJY

Not sure on the sub, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Why not just upgrade? Aftermarket speakers don't use factory connectors anyways. Just have to throw a dab of solder on there.
That looks like the same ones I used. Some aftermarket speakers do use the factory connectors. I've cut and connected all the speaker wires on my past vehicles, but this time I used connectors for the door and rear speakers. I ordered rockford fosgate speakers all around, doors, rear, and the tweeters. I would recommend crutchfield. They send you the connectors and the adapters with screws that you need for installation at no extra cost. It made installation a breeze.

I also second aftermarket subwoofers. The stock one isn't all that great. Mine had the bose system......but 12 year old paper thin speakers don't sound so good.

I replaced the speakers, then replaced the stock head unit later on.....HUGE difference. I put a decent JVC unit w/Navigation.
xDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote