04 NBP - old but still fresh! - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #26
maybecatchfire
lurker status

maybecatchfire is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
Let me know the difference feels once you have that sucker installed and tuned !! Iíve been wanting to go RBC and kpro but thatís gonna be near 2k...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will definitely let you know - I've had kpro for awhile, running a pre loaded tune for I/H/E but looking forward to get it properly tuned once I get the manifold on. Havn't had it on a dyno, but I believe people with I/H/E/reflash normally get to about 200whp ish. I'd like to think I can get about 215-220 with the manifold and an actual tune.

Kpro is only 700 I believe, and the manifold is only like 250 alone, maybe about 300 after the throttle body adapter. Where are you getting 2k from? Is that including a tune or something you're saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizz View Post
is that a stripper pole in your house?...lol
haha uhhh no it's not that cool, just an exposed support beam
maybecatchfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #27
maybecatchfire
lurker status

New headlights will also be going on along with the manifold

Old 09-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #28
porterrich

porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx porterrich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Looks like a beam to hold the roof
porterrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #29
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Old 09-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #30
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I figure after getting everything and having to put a high flow car or new headernin because Iím running ITR with cat and getting a tune I would probably be in the 1700-2k range depending on header or cat or whatever itís just more money than it willing to spend , and then not be CA smog legal

SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #31
maybecatchfire
lurker status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
I figure after getting everything and having to put a high flow car or new headernin because Iím running ITR with cat and getting a tune I would probably be in the 1700-2k range depending on header or cat or whatever itís just more money than it willing to spend , and then not be CA smog legal

Yea the header is maybe the most expensive part of that equation, if you go with a quality part. As I understand it, without kpro, you can't really maximize the impact of either. And also, running a cat minimizes the gains you'd see from the intake manifold. I don't think the RBC really shines until the high end of the power band, and I'm sure the cat would even shrink that down.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #32
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
headlights and calipers look familiar haha good progress so far!

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:44 PM   #33
maybecatchfire
lurker status

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
headlights and calipers look familiar haha good progress so far!
thanks man, can't wait to get the lights hooked up hopefully this week. Will share some pictures with them posted on the car, and some night shots.

Started pulling stuff apart to get at the manifold. Got everything marked and disconnected, test fit for now. I'll be trying to swap out my compressor while the manifold is off if I can. Any pointers welcome!

Old 09-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #34
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
thats a fresh rbc

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:19 AM   #35
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My build has slowed! Iím jealous. I hate smog laws. How much better it feel with that RBC

Old 10-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #36
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice car.. ya'll get a bit of rust over there.

What type headlights did you opt for?
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:14 AM   #37
maybecatchfire
lurker status

So I posted a whole response a week ago and previewed it but forgot to submit it, so forgive the short response lol

RBC is on, it feels great but it was a pain to get some of the engine bay to fit back how I wanted it. After install, I was able to get tuned by CLM motorsports in NJ, they were fantastic and we got 220whp and 162tq out of it.

I also got down to the compressor and replaced that to have AC for the first time in years, so that is amazing too

@pandimus headlights are a custom retrofit by rsx retrofits or vision autoworks, go check out their work. I havn't been able to install yet due to other issues, but can't wait!
Old 11-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #38
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Damn sick !! Iím plottin on moving in 2020 to a no smog state

Old 12-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #39
maybecatchfire
lurker status

I had some issues with my K tuned slave cylinder leaking at my most recent track day, as well as previous cmc failure within the first year of installation. Decided to switch back to OEM parts - honda em2 cmc with k series slave. Installed, then realized how bad my clutch really was!

I'm at 162k mi on stock clutch, and I knew it was on it's way out. I went to teach my wife how to drive the car, and as I went to show her what stalling out feels like, I realized I can let the clutch pedal out slowly with ZERO gas and it won't stall! So we let her fully ruin the clutch lol - easy to learn on when you basically can't stall. Couple weeks later - settled on parts from competition clutch. Decided to run an OEM throwout bearing with their stage 2 kit - dropped it off to be installed this morning. It's cold as shit in Maryland and I'm unequipped for this job - dont judge me! No glamour pics like from the manifold install - just keeping y'all posted!

Last edited by maybecatchfire; 12-07-2018 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: flavor text
Old 12-16-2018, 05:36 AM   #40
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

What up ! Dope meat wad pumpkin btw! Iím Gettin ready to do clutch on my car as well just a exedy stage 1 Iím slow