Torn Seats - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
xDC5

xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Torn Seats

So obviously these cars are known for the famous torn leather seats. I have been doing research, but there aren't many RECENT threads that can help right now. I'm in the market to possibly buy some seat covers, or if it comes down to it I'll buy some EP3 seats or aftermarket ones.....maybe some cloth 05-06 ones. They're not all that easy to find locally though.

Does anyone have any recommendations for seat covers? I've found a ton of good ones but they're mostly made for cars with detaching headrests.....the kind that this car doesn't have. I got the car a few months ago but the previous owner did not treat the leather at all. It was fully intact when I bought it, but one day I needed something from my glove compartment, and I tried to access it from the driver's side, stuck my knee on the seat, and it popped and tore a new hole in it.

Any help is appreciated.
xDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Check these out, different patterns and plenty of options.
https://www.wetokole.com/mm5/merchan...&Per_Page=1000

This is the brand of leather that old members on here used, they are still available. Says 02-04, but you can have it designed to match the pattern on 05/06 seats.
https://www.autoseatskins.com/acura-...ts-p/zac22.htm
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
xDC5

xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Check these out, different patterns and plenty of options.
https://www.wetokole.com/mm5/merchan...&Per_Page=1000

This is the brand of leather that old members on here used, they are still available. Says 02-04, but you can have it designed to match the pattern on 05/06 seats.
https://www.autoseatskins.com/acura-...ts-p/zac22.htm
Thanks! That wet okole website is awesome. Custom made to your liking at fair prices 🤔

Old 12-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What about recovering the seats completely? These guys are pretty cheap and if you search other forums for different makes and models they get pretty decent reviews.

https://www.lseat.com/products/2002-...ers-front.html

If i didnt find a set of 06 seats in near mint condition, i would have done this.
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
Thewrai6th

Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandimus View Post
If i didnt find a set of 06 seats in near mint condition, i would have done this.
Same here, if they looked good. For reference, I paid $600 for a set of mint black leather '06 front seats in 2017.
If anyone ends up getting the seat covers, post a pic so we can see how they look. I have never liked the look of seat covers on any vehicle I have ever owned. For $300, they would have to look like brand new OEM.

For the OP, did you rip the leather or the seam? You might be able to get it repaired.
Thewrai6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wow. I got mine for 260 a month ago. When I was there I also got a 06 gauge with 120k and harness for 40 and an 06 bumper and taillights for free cause they are pretty rough

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #7
xDC5

Quote:
What about recovering the seats completely? These guys are pretty cheap and if you search other forums for different makes and models they get pretty decent reviews.

https://www.lseat.com/products/2002-...ers-front.html

I would go for restoring the seats, but I'm looking to get away from the leather completely. I prefer either cloth or removable cloth covers. I go to the gym a lot and leave sweaty so I hate the feeling on the leather when I leave. Plus its 100+ degrees here in the summer, and that black leather is unforgiving. So having removable mesh/cloth covers would be great as I can take them off and clean/wash them.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #8
xDC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrai6th View Post
Same here, if they looked good. For reference, I paid $600 for a set of mint black leather '06 front seats in 2017.
If anyone ends up getting the seat covers, post a pic so we can see how they look. I have never liked the look of seat covers on any vehicle I have ever owned. For $300, they would have to look like brand new OEM.

For the OP, did you rip the leather or the seam? You might be able to get it repaired.
It was only the seam, but like I said above, I'm really looking to get away from the leather. So covers or replacement seats seem the way to go.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #9
Thewrai6th

Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Wow. I got mine for 260 a month ago. When I was there I also got a 06 gauge with 120k and harness for 40 and an 06 bumper and taillights for free cause they are pretty rough
It's the black leathers that are hard to find. I gave my tan ones away for free, in similar condition to that pic. Not a bad deal for the parts you got though.
OP, if I were you I would go for the cloth seats or used OEM covers like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-Rsx-S...temCondition=4
Or, check the market place on this site. If you are patient, you will find whatever you need.
Thewrai6th is offline   Reply With Quote