Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection

84K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  nats007 
#1 ·
New chat gents... Post up!

Leaving BWI to MCO :weeeeeeeeee:

#928 · (Edited)
MercRacing is legit. Just understand Jose is a small biz/one man shop, so depending on his current inventory/what you looking to get, certain parts may take time. I'd highly recommend reaching out to him and seeing what's up for yourself.

Most of us run either the og JRSC or CTSC M62s. Several have run/still run the twinscrew. I can't speak much to the twinscrew, but I believe it's direct bolt or little modifications req'd to fit into the DC5 depending on the size blower you go with. What were you thinking about getting?

#930 ·
how many miles were on the TVS1320? Im looking at a 1900 just trying to get everything together.. What intercooler and piping did you go with, They weren't really specific with what intercooler & piping is needed, i wasnt sure if you could straight up buy it for our cars or if it has to be custom made.

#939 ·
:fistbump: Merry Christmas Sir!

They pop up frequently, just keep saving up if you’re set on jrsc and you’ll see one come up.
QFT

those spacers are not necessary anymore. majority of the kits out there are using the mercracing auto tensioner bracket, and you won't need to deal with spacers, or the ugly manual tensioner.

usually they sell for right under 3K. if they come with an after cooler just above 3K. depends what other goodies the kit may come with such as injectors and additional pulleys...

if you have a FB, theres a supercharged hondas page and theres constantly roots style superchargers for sale there.
QFT again

#940 ·
What up peeps! Took a quick road trip from Orlando to ATL last week with the RSX. Held up well despite not having a thermostat. Ended up seeing temps as low as 130* for my ECT cruising in 6th. On the way back, temps stayed above 150*.

Car felt great... Didn't push it when temps were down cause I know VTEC won't engage. Actually averaged about 26 mpg

#947 ·
Cali is big in the tuner scene, so I'm not surprised. Same in FL with the lack of RSXs still around. Had a good friend finally sell his that was an impression for me.

Happy New Year everyone!

Been tuning with Derek and found some belt slip happening. I had a new OEM tensioner assembly laying around so I decided it was time to put that in with a new belt. During disassembly, I found that the two bolts attaching the PS relocation bracket to the tensioner assembly had snapped. Anyone else out here have this issue? What's the deal?

As far as belts, are you guys running the Continental Poly V belt now that Gatorback is no more? Any feedback about those? I only have a Gates belt lying around so I'm going to try that first but I'm going to order a Continental now.

Cheers!
Those books are common to snap. I've read about it and snapped then myself. I ended up getting longer ones and screwing a nut on the other end to reinforce it. So far, so good.

#946 ·
Happy New Year everyone!

Been tuning with Derek and found some belt slip happening. I had a new OEM tensioner assembly laying around so I decided it was time to put that in with a new belt. During disassembly, I found that the two bolts attaching the PS relocation bracket to the tensioner assembly had snapped. Anyone else out here have this issue? What's the deal?

As far as belts, are you guys running the Continental Poly V belt now that Gatorback is no more? Any feedback about those? I only have a Gates belt lying around so I'm going to try that first but I'm going to order a Continental now.

Cheers!

#949 · (Edited)
Continental is one of two belt manufacturers that makes a belt that fits my aftercooler setup. A while back I was racing a Mustang. Had to push the RSX hard to keep it ahead of the stang. After winning the race I could hear a noise under the hood which turned out to be the belt which was reduced from a seven groove unit to a 3 ½ groove. Next year same thing happen when I raced a big turbo Evo (won all 3 times). From that experience I inspect the belt monthly and to be on the safe side replace it each year. That belt works its ass off.

#958 ·
I don't think I've ever followed your build or s/c setup as I got mine when the OGs started moving on. Glad to read you are still interested in keeping it going and getting it back into action Sir!

Also, I believe your a UGA fan or alum... Congratulations! I'm rooting for them in the National Championship next week to support my bro who's a Bulldog.

#966 ·
I just found out that I haven't been injecting w/m since September 2017. I tweaked the parameters, and adjust TPS from 107% to 100% under the nitrous 1 and 2 tabs for controlling injection.

Little did I know that when I'm WOT, my TPS registers 102%

So as soon as TPS exceeded 100%, w/m was cut :face: I was going crazy cause temps would spike and I couldn't figure out why

#972 · (Edited)
And we're spraying again. Car feels more alive now and knocking is gone. The bigger nozzle definitely helping with temps as IATs used to spike at 170s now it maintain 140s during WOT pulls from 3 thru 5th. As soon as I left off temps drop back down to 110s vs the continued climb sometimes seeing 200s that I was seeing before.

Edit: loaded the pull in vDyno and granted it's not accurate, I've been consistent with how I'm using it as a baseline during my self tuning/tweaking process.

Est. 304whp/237wtq w/ 8.5psi at 6816rpm and 6682 rpm respectively. Previous numbers were 301whp/231wtq w/ 9.1psi at 7610rpm and 5638rpm respectively. I really wished I pulled to redline, but overall, I'm pleased with how the car is running now. Change was nozzle size from 500cc to 1000cc and adjusting IGN and fuel compensation accordingly.

#976 ·
current situation

Got a nail in a tire... Decided to take off the front lip to reshape it as I just threw it on and was tired of it looking deformed on the car :face:

I wanted to swap the tires to my other set of wheels since they are still in great condition, but the MDX needs to get the 105k service and we are going on a 2 week vacation next week.

Goal is to patch the tire, put a new tire on the beater (blow out), and change the front tie rods on the MDX.

#983 ·
Holy crap! That blower looks as big as the engine!!