k24a2 headers - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Engine Building & Design
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-10-2016, 12:11 AM   #1
AyeeDoniss

AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeeDoniss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thumbs up k24a2 headers

Yes, I've done my research on many forums but a lot of them seem to be outdated!

I want to know what header setup you guys are running on your k24a2 full long block swap!

I currently have a
02 RSX Type S running a k24a2 swap with custom 3inch intake..
I want to grab a header and want to know what would be a good header to swap and would fit without having to remove or change the sway bar into a EM2 sway bar.
AyeeDoniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 12:14 AM   #2
BigWorm85
armchair engine builder

BigWorm85 gets around and is known
BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeeDoniss View Post
Yes, I've done my research on many forums but a lot of them seem to be outdated!

I want to know what header setup you guys are running on your k24a2 full long block swap!

I currently have a
02 RSX Type S running a k24a2 swap with custom 3inch intake..
I want to grab a header and want to know what would be a good header to swap and would fit without having to remove or change the sway bar into a EM2 sway bar.
The typical options are still around (and probably the best)

Hytech or ASP for a custom header. K-tuned now has what appears to be a PLM style header made for a k24 into an rsx.

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/RSX-...eel_p_427.html
Old 06-17-2016, 02:43 AM   #3
04-Integra-Type-S
04-Integra-Type-S

04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
cut ur sway bar in half lol jk...no really cut it in half...thought i shared this with all the k20/k24 peep who in a budget and cant afford a custom header and wanted to run their k20 header...i am running a skunk2 alpha header on my k20/k24 and cant get any sway bar to clear the header...with out the sway bar the car drive sloppy as hell especially in the rain and when launch the car go to one side of the road which really suck...it driving me crazy and it to dangerous when ...well i try something out by cutting the sway bar in half to clear the header and buy some energy suspension sway bar bushings https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/ENS-16-5131G.html and it work like a charm....no more sloppy drive...drive like any normal sway bar on....hope it help...

New Showoff Thread
Old Show Off Thread
04-Integra-Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
BigWorm85
armchair engine builder

BigWorm85 gets around and is known
BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04-Integra-Type-S View Post
cut ur sway bar in half lol jk...no really cut it in half...thought i shared this with all the k20/k24 peep who in a budget and cant afford a custom header and wanted to run their k20 header...i am running a skunk2 alpha header on my k20/k24 and cant get any sway bar to clear the header...with out the sway bar the car drive sloppy as hell especially in the rain and when launch the car go to one side of the road which really suck...it driving me crazy and it to dangerous when ...well i try something out by cutting the sway bar in half to clear the header and buy some energy suspension sway bar bushings https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/ENS-16-5131G.html and it work like a charm....no more sloppy drive...drive like any normal sway bar on....hope it help...

if you cut the swaybar in half you have effectively removed it...
Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
04-Integra-Type-S
04-Integra-Type-S

04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04-Integra-Type-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm85 View Post
if you cut the swaybar in half you have effectively removed it...
yes it won't be as effectively on a circuit track but it definitely make all the sloppy, dangerous go away for a daily drive...better than no sway bar and going out of place while driving....trust me it help a lot make a huge difference with and with out the sway....it won't out performed a full sway bar on a circuit track but will help us on the safe side for street use...hope it help those that wanted to use a k20 header....some 1 try it too and give more feedback

New Showoff Thread
Old Show Off Thread
04-Integra-Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:34 AM   #6
rsxonic

rsxonic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i had an obx v2 header and it clears the sway on my k20/24. but its an 05 so not sure if it's any different from 02-04
Old 08-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #7
Itzmejessie_

Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I am running K-tuned headers on my k24 swap.
http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/RSX-...eel_p_427.html
I'm loving them so far!!
Itzmejessie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #8
Dieonne

Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Will the K-tuned K24 header also work with K24 Frank Builds or is it strictly made just to accommodate a K24 long block? Been trying to figure this out as I prefer to get a K-tuned header for my build but haven't seen a answer yet.
Dieonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 AM   #9
Enishi26
VTEC Connoisseur

Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The exhaust ports on a k24 are the exact same height as on a frank build
K&N Typhoon SRI/Skunk2 intake mani/Skunk2 70mm TB/Skunk2 Alpha Race Header/Invidia Q300/RC650 injectors/innovative mounts/Blox short shifter adapter/Tein Basis/ competition Clutch Stage 2/Competition clutch ultra lightweight flywheel/ Kelford 179-A/K-Tuner
K20Z1/K24A2 239.1whp/169.8tq
Enishi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:08 AM   #10
Dieonne

Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks. I just received the same answer from K-Tuned in a email as well.
Dieonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #11
$erfRsx

$erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How is the K-tuned k24 race header in terms of performance and sound? I am currently getting stuff together for my k24 swap and I am scared I am gonna miss the sound of my skunk2 header lol. Does it make any difference?
$erfRsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #12
Itzmejessie_

Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Itzmejessie_ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by $erfRsx View Post
How is the K-tuned k24 race header in terms of performance and sound? I am currently getting stuff together for my k24 swap and I am scared I am gonna miss the sound of my skunk2 header lol. Does it make any difference?

The sound in mine is fantastic in my opinion. It’s like a nice deep tone. It doesn’t have that nasty rasp noise when you floor it. Performance I’m not sure because I haven’t compared it with any other headers, but just so you get an idea I’m running ktuned headers along with the 3” oval exhaust, stock long block k24a2, PRC intake manifold, DC5 type r throttle body, 1000cc injectors, intake and e85 and I’m making 244whp and 191tq.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA9F20F7-F4F9-4FCB-A90E-F05F7E63D21A_1551738153576.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	989.3 KB
ID:	548649   Click image for larger version

Name:	B63C3B56-7AC6-411A-8165-A097BB5AAEB4_1551738202428.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	1,013.7 KB
ID:	548651   Click image for larger version

Name:	252D0087-3D25-475C-B00E-7B055D7AF133_1551738221118.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	686.3 KB
ID:	548653   Click image for larger version

Name:	3448A7EF-0B66-46E6-9F8E-B2E7400F6F2C_1551738251838.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	476.1 KB
ID:	548655  
Old 03-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #13
$erfRsx

$erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx $erfRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzmejessie_ View Post
The sound in mine is fantastic in my opinion. Itís like a nice deep tone. It doesnít have that nasty rasp noise when you floor it. Performance Iím not sure because I havenít compared it with any other headers, but just so you get an idea Iím running ktuned headers along with the 3Ē oval exhaust, stock long block k24a2, PRC intake manifold, DC5 type r throttle body, 1000cc injectors, intake and e85 and Iím making 244whp and 191tq.
That's badass. Love your setup & numbers, nice to see a dope ep3. Does the exhaust still have nice crackles on downshifts?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #14
Itzmejessie_

Quote:
Quote:
The sound in mine is fantastic in my opinion. It’s like a nice deep tone. It doesn’t have that nasty rasp noise when you floor it. Performance I’m not sure because I haven’t compared it with any other headers, but just so you get an idea I’m running ktuned headers along with the 3” oval exhaust, stock long block k24a2, PRC intake manifold, DC5 type r throttle body, 1000cc injectors, intake and e85 and I’m making 244whp and 191tq.
That's badass. Love your setup & numbers, nice to see a dope ep3. Does the exhaust still have nice crackles on downshifts?

Thanks man! And Not quite lol i don’t get any backfire at all. I think only like once I had a small small backfire. But when I do heel toe downshifting it sounds fantastic lol
Old 03-20-2019, 03:46 PM   #15
$erfRsx

Quote:
Thanks man! And Not quite lol i don’t get any backfire at all. I think only like once I had a small small backfire. But when I do heel toe downshifting it sounds fantastic lol
I bet. Is the header all one piece or is it split up like the PLM header?

Last edited by $erfRsx; 03-20-2019 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #16
Itzmejessie_

Quote:
Quote:
I bet. Is the header all one piece or is it split up like the PLM header?

Yeah it splits up! Right where those springs are in the picture I attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4752CB24-724D-4F3C-B4CC-5D83FF87AA00_1553119653623.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	686.3 KB
ID:	548847   Click image for larger version

Name:	4D546A7C-8A38-4821-8BF6-20699980A722_1553119804580.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	759.1 KB
ID:	548849  
Old 03-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #17
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
I used a regular DCRH and bought a new longer flex pipe and welded it on.
Worked great for YEARS and way cheaper than the custom k24 headers
Old 03-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #18
GooseGraves

GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GooseGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
I used a regular DCRH and bought a new longer flex pipe and welded it on.
Worked great for YEARS and way cheaper than the custom k24 headers
Can't speak to the longevity but will just add I've been running a DCRH for over a year no problems.

Side topic - are our Classifieds totally bricked now??
GooseGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #19
Jadegrsx2

Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jadegrsx2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just k24 swapped after hydro locking. Bought Ktuned k24 Rsx header. Fits perfect!
Jadegrsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote