Throttle Cable Relocation Issue - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-11-2019, 10:26 PM   #1
AlbieDC5

AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Throttle Cable Relocation Issue

So I’ve been wanting to clean up the bay of my 04 Type S but I’m having trouble disconnecting the cables from the throttle body. I can’t seem to get enough leverage to undo the pins holding them in. If anyone has any photos or can tell me step by step as to how to disconnect them please let me know, thanks
AlbieDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbieDC5 View Post
So Iíve been wanting to clean up the bay of my 04 Type S but Iím having trouble disconnecting the cables from the throttle body. I canít seem to get enough leverage to undo the pins holding them in. If anyone has any photos or can tell me step by step as to how to disconnect them please let me know, thanks
At the end of the cables near the throttle body you will find nuts that are used to adjust the cable end play. Back them off. Then rotate the throttle body by hand to the full open position. There will be enough slack in the cables that can slide out the cable pins by hand. No tools needed.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:20 AM   #3
AlbieDC5

AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlbieDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbieDC5 View Post
So I’ve been wanting to clean up the bay of my 04 Type S but I’m having trouble disconnecting the cables from the throttle body. I can’t seem to get enough leverage to undo the pins holding them in. If anyone has any photos or can tell me step by step as to how to disconnect them please let me know, thanks
At the end of the cables near the throttle body you will find nuts that are used to adjust the cable end play. Back them off. Then rotate the throttle body by hand to the full open position. There will be enough slack in the cables that can slide out the cable pins by hand. No tools needed.
I loosened up the bolts that are connected to the harness and I am having trouble rotating the throttle body enough to where I can undo the pins, is there any other way for me to rotate the throttle body?
AlbieDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

dustyboner is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
RSX fog light install guide

watch him play with his meat
dustyboner is offline   Reply With Quote