Amp bypass? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-13-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
yacoub

yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Amp bypass?

I have an 02 type s with just an aftermarket head unit installed. I’ve heard a lot about people having to bypass their factory Bose amp but I don’t really understand what it does or how to do it. I installed my head unit with a harness by matching up the wires and everything seems to be working fine. I recently purchased 2 kicker speakers to install in the door panels and I’m wondering if bypassing the factory amp is something I should look into before installing the speakers. I’m really not trying to spend a lot of money cuz I’m a broke college student lmao
yacoub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 10:53 PM   #2
yacoub

yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yacoub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
amp bypass

ok so i have my pioneer head unit connected using the Metra 70-1725 harness. I just read that i dont have to bypass my factory amp if i have this harness but when i installed the head unit, i had to cut the rca's off of the harness because my head unit didn't have any rca inputs except for a sub. does the harness work still work as it should? if not, should i bypass the amp? i have the stock sub and i still want it to work.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #3
yacoub

imma keep posting on this thread in hopes that someone will reply and share their thoughts. i just installed 2 kicker coaxial speakers in the door panels. everything works fine i guess but i can tell the factory amp is limiting it. i can also hear some static at higher volume levels (30-50) it's not that noticeable when music is playing but when its paused it makes me wanna drive my car into a ditch and leave it there. im planning on bypassing the amp but theres a couple things i need to do before. first off i need to get a different stereo harness because the Metra 70-1725 i have hooked up to my pioneer deck apparently doesnt work if the amp is bypassed. next i need to figure out a way to have just the 4 speakers (front and rear) bypassed but keep the signal running from the amp to the factory sub in the trunk. i know this sub is garbage but its better than nothing and i currently don't have the money for an aftermarket sub and amp nor do i have the patience to install one. anyway if you're reading this and you have some information that will be useful to me, please drop a reply n help me out.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
RSX train wreck

RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX train wreck is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I bypassed mine if you need help if you know nothing about wiring it can be a little tricky but you can do it for under 10$ my number is+16513380010 if you need help
RSX train wreck is offline   Reply With Quote