Gas Tank Shifted Backwards 05-06 vs. 02-04 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-17-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Argonfree

Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Gas Tank Shifted Backwards 05-06 vs. 02-04

I didnt know that 05-06 models have the gas tank shifted backwards about 5"-6", Honda did it for better weight distribution I guess. Mine is an 02 and I want to shift mine back as far as possible. Not sure if I need the 05-06 tank, straps, and brackets.... I need to check my tank and see if I can't handle it myself. You guys and gals know what I am talking about.

Last edited by Argonfree; 07-25-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Argonfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
No idea. Sounds like a lot of work for no noticeable benefit
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
Argonfree

Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I was wrong. The the changed the gas tanks in the 05-06 models for improve fuel evaporation of previous models and it helped weight distribution moving it back.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
Argonfree

Quote:
Originally Posted by troye View Post
No idea. Sounds like a lot of work for no noticeable benefit
If you have no idea then how can you conclude no noticeable benefit ??
Old 07-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
Argonfree

What is awesome about the 05-06 DC5 fuel tank change is it allows me to use the K-Tuned 409 race header with megaphone and traditional exhaust design to be changed. It will end scraping underneath going with 3" round or having to get 3" oval in the center of the chassis. Take a look under an 05-06, the route jumps right out at you. I am a pipewelder and pipefitter by trade since 2001. Not my 1st rodeo..

I was stoked to see this fuel tank change and pulled the 05-06 fuel tank off while getting the K20Z1 head, 05 front & rear sway bars, 05 power steering pump, 05 steering column, 05 steering rack assembly, 05 brake master cylinder, 05 brake pedal assembly, 05 oem upper front strut bar, and 05 seats.

K-Tuned 409 RSX RH (cutting off 2.5" two-hole flange for V-Band Clamp) / Burns Stainless 2.5" x 4.5" megaphone / Burns Stainless 4.5" x 4" / Burns Stainless 4" x 3"

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_131600.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	689.0 KB
ID:	549971

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_131727.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	549.9 KB
ID:	549973

Rest : 3" Vibrant ultra quite resonator/ 3" x 2.5" / 2.5" Vibrant Black straight thru muffler

Last edited by Argonfree; 07-25-2019 at 10:57 AM..