Suspension Kit, Need your opinion. - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
AntonioSky

AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Suspension Kit, Need your opinion.

I'm looking into getting a new suspension Kit. I'm not that familiar with brands and what not. Can you guys give me your opinion on these kits. I will mostly likely get one of these. Looking to drop maybe 1 1/2 inches. Not trying to slam and I will be getting new rims and tires but not for awhile. Suspension first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190805-170617_Chrome_1565051359863.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	731.7 KB
ID:	550055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190805-170734_Chrome_1565051373095.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	621.8 KB
ID:	550057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190805-170750_Chrome_1565051381410.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	613.8 KB
ID:	550059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190805-170831_Chrome_1565051391721.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	697.8 KB
ID:	550061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190805-170859_Chrome_1565051424580.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	717.7 KB
ID:	550065  

AntonioSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 12:27 AM   #2
Apollo2020

Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'd go ahead with the Ktuned K1 coilovers, I hear a lot of good things about ktuned lately, I'm currently running Godspeed Mono SS's but ktuned would of been my number one choice if it didint come down to cost

You might also have to buy the Ktuned adjustable inner tie rods.

That's the current setup I'm running
Apollo2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
They are all pretty good kits. It just depends on what adjustability you want. The Progress set you'll have to re use top hats and will not have much adjustment other than height.

I have BC Racing BRs with swift spring upgrade and love them.
TheRickster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2019, 05:17 AM   #4
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo2020 View Post
I'd go ahead with the Ktuned K1 coilovers, I hear a lot of good things about ktuned lately, I'm currently running Godspeed Mono SS's but ktuned would of been my number one choice if it didint come down to cost

You might also have to buy the Ktuned adjustable inner tie rods.

That's the current setup I'm running

Go ahead and save yourself disappointment and skip the Ktuned junk.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
AntonioSky

AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AntonioSky is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for the feedback so far guys
AntonioSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
Apollo2020

Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

Are they actually??
Apollo2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #7
HalfRho

HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx HalfRho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Get the adjustable inner tie rods as well. I ended up with TruHarts out of economics and I'm regretting not getting OEM (Type S). For the amount of drop that I wanted vs keeping alignment, I'm only about a cm lower. I don't plan on tracking so no need for adjustment.

HalfRho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:38 AM   #8
DubBrandRSX42

DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys I know all of you have tried most of the ones he showed but There are only 2 brands that won’t give you problems bro... BC Racing and Tein... the BC’s are great you don’t need to do the swift spring up grades either BC has there own up graded springs for no extra cost... Tein you have to upgrade to the swift springs and are a bit pricey in my opinion... but I have the BC’s on my 06’ Type S and I have no problems and when i put them on they were at the perfect ride height for me... F&F’s I had a set of those they gave me nothing but problems...they also broke my tie rod end..... you pay for what you get guys....
DubBrandRSX42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:40 AM   #9
DubBrandRSX42

DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DubBrandRSX42 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo2020 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
<a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/rotfl.gif" border="0" alt="" title="ROTFL" ></a>

Are they actually??
Agreed...
DubBrandRSX42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #10
integraman

integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
I am running progress and I love them. Just takes longer to get an alignment due to not having any adjustment on the top hats.
integraman is offline   Reply With Quote