good coilovers with a comfortable ride? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-31-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
alohatoad

alohatoad is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
good coilovers with a comfortable ride?

i've been off the board for awhile since moving on to other vehicles but my rsx still lives.

my mugen suspension is dead and crashing over everything. thinking of coilovers but not sure what's good. don't need or want it low but definitely want it comfortable for daily(old man now). i've searched around and read through some threads but ride is very subjective. don't want to spend a fortune but willing to spend on good, since going cheap initially usually results in spending more later from redoing or changing to something better. looking for something complete with strut mounts(top hats).

can't find any a-spec suspension kits around. tein flex Z, truhart, ksport control, function form are some i've looked at and considering. any comments, reviews, suggestions and considerations are welcome. thanks in advance.
alohatoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
AMR Engineering with Swift springs.

https://amrengineering.com/product/2...ing-coilovers/
Old 08-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
Dieonne

Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Heard good things about AMR engineering.

there's also Fortune Auto and K&W.
If I personally had money to choose between those 3 I'd go with AMR you just can't beat lifetime warranty!

Stay away from function form I personally have them and the ride is much more on the rough side they are more one of the (look good low) type coilover vs. comfortability IMO. I'm planning to give silvers neomax a try when I save up a little more money. I'm getting older as well and I'm looking for more comfort in my ride than looks.
Dieonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2019, 02:54 PM   #4
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieonne View Post

If I personally had money to choose between those 3 I'd go with AMR you just can't beat lifetime warranty!

Stay away from function form I personally have them and the ride is much more on the rough side they are more one of the (look good low) type coilover vs. comfortability IMO. I'm planning to give silvers neomax a try when I save up a little more money. I'm getting older as well and I'm looking for more comfort in my ride than looks.
I loved my AMR's. Even with my high track spring rates, it felt pretty good on the street compared to cheaper coilovers.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:06 AM   #5
alohatoad

thanks guys. i'll check check all of them out.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieonne View Post

Tire stiffness plays into this as well. I have BC on one car with swift, and F&F on the other. The FF are silky smooth compared to the BC and just barely rougher than street. I just burned of some track friendly RE-11 and now have Nitto -05, the other has RE-71. The RE are noisy as hell, harsh like the RE-11, and the Nitto are quiet and the ride is smoother. When I put on the all seasons for winter, the ride improves yet again. One also has to consider where all the adjustments are at, but I doubt a stiffer spring like the swift will give you a nicer street ride.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #7
sweetchuck2001
05RSX-S-ASPEC

sweetchuck2001 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I just had my A-Spec suspension replaced with Tein street basis on my 05. I wasn't real happy about having to do it and couldn't find anything oem to replace the A-Spec. So far they seem decent for the price. If I had more money to put into it I probably would have tried something like the AMR. But it needed tires also.
sweetchuck2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #8
rizz
Master Member

rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I love my FF2....
rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #9
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Loving my bc racing BRs with the swift spring upgrade. I can also say I hear a lot of good things about fortune auto and AMR engineering.
TheRickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #10
jzeitouni05

jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jzeitouni05 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohatoad View Post
i've been off the board for awhile since moving on to other vehicles but my rsx still lives.

my mugen suspension is dead and crashing over everything. thinking of coilovers but not sure what's good. don't need or want it low but definitely want it comfortable for daily(old man now). i've searched around and read through some threads but ride is very subjective. don't want to spend a fortune but willing to spend on good, since going cheap initially usually results in spending more later from redoing or changing to something better. looking for something complete with strut mounts(top hats).

can't find any a-spec suspension kits around. tein flex Z, truhart, ksport control, function form are some i've looked at and considering. any comments, reviews, suggestions and considerations are welcome. thanks in advance.
I just picked up D2 Racing RS series coilovers and theyre solid. I'm still getting them to settle but as of now, they feel good. I would just point out that they sit pretty low even on their highest setting. With that said, they have dampening/camber adjustment as well so you can set it pretty soft while still having the car look good
jzeitouni05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:03 AM   #11
alohatoad

i know this is risky, but i found a used type-r suspension. hopefully it works out. i'll update when i install them.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:57 AM   #12
jaymesbry

jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohatoad View Post
i know this is risky, but i found a used type-r suspension. hopefully it works out. i'll update when i install them.
good luck! I got mine a couple months ago and it seems to be working real well

Previous owner put in eibach pros and i just had to raise this thing up asap!
jaymesbry is offline   Reply With Quote