Help: new owner of RSX-s and JRSC - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
rushdylan

rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Help: new owner of RSX-s and JRSC

Recently bought a JRSC kit for my new (to me) 2002 rsx type-s. Have a few questions about the setup that are proving to be tough to answer through search and very vague answers. Looking for somebody to clear up some confusion for me.

Parts I am missing:
- all relocation and spacers brackets
- power steering pulley
- IACV spacer plate
- map spacer plate

Parts I have:
- Supercharger and manifold (screws look great)
- hondata gasket
- rc650 injectors
- merc racing power steering adapter (for use with OEM tensioner)
- belt
- skunk 2 composite fuel rail
- merc racing pulley and Jackson pulley

Parts I've ordered:
- power steering pulley
- IACV adapter plate
- gaskets

So my questions are :

1: if I've got this merc adapter for power steering, I don't need any of the Jackson spacers or brackets, right?

2: I should be relocating the IAT sensor into the supercharger, right? I don't quite know how this acura sensor will fit in there.

3: I was planning on using the calibration map in kpro for JRSC 9-10lbs with toda header. can anybody shed light on this map?

4: do I need to buy the MAP sensor adapter that I see in the JRSC install instructions book?

Thank you for any help/responses I get from any members. This has been a weird situation for me to deal with as these kits have many unavailable parts now. Hoping to install this kit soon.
rushdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #2
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Congratulations on the SC!

1) the only spacer you need is the IACV spacer. I'm not sure what brackets you are talking about... Maybe the support bracket under thr manifold?

2) I'd recommend to relocate to the blower. Easiest way is to get an GSR or S2000 IAT sensor (OBDI)

3) This is dependent on your mods. You can try it, but highly recommend you get an etune to your mods

4) I recommend you get a GM 3bar map sensor. Proven tried and true for us and it's cheap on eBay
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
rushdylan

rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Congratulations on the SC!

1) the only spacer you need is the IACV spacer. I'm not sure what brackets you are talking about... Maybe the support bracket under thr manifold?

2) I'd recommend to relocate to the blower. Easiest way is to get an GSR or S2000 IAT sensor (OBDI)

3) This is dependent on your mods. You can try it, but highly recommend you get an etune to your mods

4) I recommend you get a GM 3bar map sensor. Proven tried and true for us and it's cheap on eBay

Thank you for the quick reply. I feel terrible with following up with more questions. I plan on going to the GM map sensor in the future. I have one from my old 500hp STI at home I can use. However I need to just get this SC on and get me rolling for now. The fire season has been very busy and there's no knowing when I'll be back home so I just need to get it installed asap. Can I use the stock MAP sensor somewhere?

And for the IAT, I likely won't have time to go buy one and fit it. Should I leave it in the intake for now or somehow get it in the blower? And also, does the kpro have calibrations for these sensors already inputted?

Old 09-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #4
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushdylan View Post
Thank you for the quick reply. I feel terrible with following up with more questions. I plan on going to the GM map sensor in the future. I have one from my old 500hp STI at home I can use. However I need to just get this SC on and get me rolling for now. The fire season has been very busy and there's no knowing when I'll be back home so I just need to get it installed asap. Can I use the stock MAP sensor somewhere?

And for the IAT, I likely won't have time to go buy one and fit it. Should I leave it in the intake for now or somehow get it in the blower? And also, does the kpro have calibrations for these sensors already inputted?
Stock map can work, but if you are pushing 9+ psi, you run the risk of not getting accurate boost readings cause stock map reads up to 10 psi if I remember correctly. Do you know what size pullies you are running? My guess based on your original post, k20a2 crank pulley and merc boost pulley is just under 3", so you will be pushing close to 11 psi. You would need a aftermarket map IMHO.

Leave the stock IAT in the intake then. Just have to let the tuner know the IAT is before the blower. Good luck!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
rushdylan

Figured I'd just get a hondata 4 bar map sensor to throw in since the kpro calibration is already there to select. On top of this, the JRSC manifold has a spot for a 2 bolt AIT sensor. What is the fastest AIT sensor in the 2 bolt B series pattern that I should use? Also still unsure if I need the MAP bracket that I'm seeing in the JRSC instructions. Again, you're huge help in clearing confusion!

Edit : I have the stock charger pulley, k20a2 crank pulley, and a very small merc pulley which im sure is an 11psi pulley. It's much smaller than the stock JRSC pulley Eric I assume is between 5 and 7 psi. It's pretty large.

I try to make my setup the best situation for the tuner. I've tuned several less than ideal subaru's and it made it hell.

Last edited by rushdylan; 09-23-2016 at 09:42 PM..
Old 09-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushdylan View Post
Figured I'd just get a hondata 4 bar map sensor to throw in since the kpro calibration is already there to select. On top of this, the JRSC manifold has a spot for a 2 bolt AIT sensor. What is the fastest AIT sensor in the 2 bolt B series pattern that I should use? Also still unsure if I need the MAP bracket that I'm seeing in the JRSC instructions. Again, you're huge help in clearing confusion!

Edit : I have the stock charger pulley, k20a2 crank pulley, and a very small merc pulley which im sure is an 11psi pulley. It's much smaller than the stock JRSC pulley Eric I assume is between 5 and 7 psi. It's pretty large.

I try to make my setup the best situation for the tuner. I've tuned several less than ideal subaru's and it made it hell.
Cool. I recommended the AIT sensor in my previous post. I have the GSR one in my manifold. Better off getting the gm 3 bar over the hondata 4 bar cause 1) it's cheaper, 2) no bracket needed.
The biggest thing you need is the map sensor. Also, if you running the smaller pulley, you will need cooling such as a aftercooler kit or water methanol injection
Old 10-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #7
burton5251

burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just out of curiosity where did you order your power steering pulley from? I will be in need of one shortly
burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #8
NH-DC5

NH-DC5 User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
Garage
Congrats! I also recently acquired a JR SCed 02 Type S. So much torque!
NH-DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote