Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-22-2016, 12:10 AM   #26
Ridgeback

Ridgeback is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTypeS View Post
Thanks. The under brace is near impossible to find now
Nengun performance will have it, if not you can get it from their Yahoo auctions. What's impossible to find is the D3 double X cross brace, and the rear double V brace. Wish I had never sold those.
EK K20a2 (gone)
CL9 K24a2 (gone)
EP3 K20a3 (gone)
Ridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #27
FuknRSX

FuknRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Garage
got tuned/dyno'd. results... 278whp/189tq.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #28
orangeS

orangeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuknRSX View Post

orangeS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2016, 08:04 PM   #29
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:

Nice Solid numbers from your mods.

How does she feel after the tune? How much boost are you hitting?
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #30
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Just got back from a mini vacation with the Mrs to Puerto Rico. Had a blast. Wish I can go back instead of dealing with work tomorrow
Old 10-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #31
JTypeS

JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Just got back from a mini vacation with the Mrs to Puerto Rico. Had a blast. Wish I can go back instead of dealing with work tomorrow
Jealous
JTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:16 AM   #32
FuknRSX

Garage
Quote:
Nice Solid numbers from your mods.

How does she feel after the tune? How much boost are you hitting?
i had the exhaust installled just before the dyno runs. bit of belt slip on the top end i think it couldve been a bit higher once i fix that. the low-end feels a lot more responsive and doesnt bog down when at a light.

im still getting the check engine light flashing like a disco ball when im on the highway and try to use cruise control with the tsx 6th gear around 75-80mph (around 3.5k rpms). not sure what its going to take to get rid of that.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #33
JTypeS

JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
What size pulley u running?
Old 10-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #34
FuknRSX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTypeS View Post
What size pulley u running?
i have the a2 cp and the 3.15 ct pulley. somewhere in the 8-9psi range.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #35
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
i had the exhaust installled just before the dyno runs. bit of belt slip on the top end i think it couldve been a bit higher once i fix that. the low-end feels a lot more responsive and doesnt bog down when at a light.

im still getting the check engine light flashing like a disco ball when im on the highway and try to use cruise control with the tsx 6th gear around 75-80mph (around 3.5k rpms). not sure what its going to take to get rid of that.
Check in kpro if you have the mil flashing for knock. Also, may be worth datalogging to see if you are knocking during cruise
Old 10-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #36
FuknRSX

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Check in kpro if you have the mil flashing for knock. Also, may be worth datalogging to see if you are knocking during cruise
will do asap!
Old 10-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #37
torresa009

torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Started the supercharger install yesterday. did a lot of progress, but i still have a lot more to do. turns out the injector clips i purchased were the wrong ones and the map sensor relocate as well.

Also i need to figure out were to mount the pump and coolant reservoir for the after cooler. getting there...

Oh and the heat exchanger doesn't clear the crash bar, so i gotta figure that out as well. i like tho its a nice size and good fitment.

[/url]
[/url]
Old 10-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #38
bacchus418

bacchus418 User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by torresa009 View Post
Started the supercharger install yesterday. did a lot of progress, but i still have a lot more to do. turns out the injector clips i purchased were the wrong ones and the map sensor relocate as well.

Also i need to figure out were to mount the pump and coolant reservoir for the after cooler. getting there...

Oh and the heat exchanger doesn't clear the crash bar, so i gotta figure that out as well. i like tho its a nice size and good fitment.
Wow! That's a huge H/E for the aftercooler! Not surprised you have fitment issues. Are you concerned that it will rob too much airflow from the radiator? I had an Acura tech warn me about that, but not sure it's a valid concern...
SHOW: Aspec kit, Chargespeed grille, '05 gunmetal wheels, DIY blackouts, nine.4, eDi 6500s, Big 3, Alpine 9884, Audiofrog, Fosgate, custom 10" sub box, Titanium trim kit, Bride shift boot, Wet Okole, 5% tint GO: K-Pro!, IMG, Injen CAI, Megan shorty header, custom 2.5" catback, KW V2 coilovers, SPC camber kits, Hotchkis endlinks, Progress sway bars, Stoptech Stage 2, Ingalls ETD, Hardrace bushings and mounts, Comp Clutch Stg 5, Quaife, JRSC 3" pulley, Merc aftercooler, DW 65C & 800CC INJs
bacchus418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #39
bacchus418

Quote:
I love Puerto Rico. Been there many times. The west coast is so chill...
SHOW: Aspec kit, Chargespeed grille, '05 gunmetal wheels, DIY blackouts, nine.4, eDi 6500s, Big 3, Alpine 9884, Audiofrog, Fosgate, custom 10" sub box, Titanium trim kit, Bride shift boot, Wet Okole, 5% tint GO: K-Pro!, IMG, Injen CAI, Megan shorty header, custom 2.5" catback, KW V2 coilovers, SPC camber kits, Hotchkis endlinks, Progress sway bars, Stoptech Stage 2, Ingalls ETD, Hardrace bushings and mounts, Comp Clutch Stg 5, Quaife, JRSC 3" pulley, Merc aftercooler, DW 65C & 800CC INJs
Old 10-24-2016, 09:17 PM   #40
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
I know you have a JRSC setup, but maybe looking at my garage photos might help inspire some ideas.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #41
bacchus418

Quote:

Solid results! I understand that knock indicator can be overactive with noise from the S/C. Setup a graph with K.Thresh and K.Level and MAP and you can sort out what's real knock and what's probably not....
Old 10-24-2016, 09:24 PM   #42
bacchus418

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
I know you have a JRSC setup, but maybe looking at my garage photos might help inspire some ideas.
Nice H/E setup. That looks like it's about as big as you could get without modifying the front bumper cover. Did you have any fitment issues with that? Where did you get your H/E?
Old 10-24-2016, 10:02 PM   #43
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus418 View Post
Nice H/E setup. That looks like it's about as big as you could get without modifying the front bumper cover. Did you have any fitment issues with that? Where did you get your H/E?
Itís a VitViper heat exchanger for a newer Civic. I fabricated the mounting brackets myself. I did have to modify the plastic bumper cover by removing a little of the reinforcement webs on the inside surface of its lower lip to clear the lower bracket and coolant pump power plug. I also had trimmed it just a little to clear the feed line from the pump to the H/E.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #44
JTypeS

Quote:
i have the a2 cp and the 3.15 ct pulley. somewhere in the 8-9psi range.
I have the same pulley 3.15 with z1 cp seeing 8psi but never dyno so i dont know #s
Old 10-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #45
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 AM   #46
torresa009

torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
Thanks, looking into it. i was trying to figure out where the old owner had it placed since the hoses were all connected, but now ill just do it my own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus418 View Post
Wow! That's a huge H/E for the aftercooler! Not surprised you have fitment issues. Are you concerned that it will rob too much airflow from the radiator? I had an Acura tech warn me about that, but not sure it's a valid concern...
it is! i didn't realize how big it was until it was mounted. it shouldn't be a major issue, we will see until its actually running.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:37 AM   #47
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Good morning folks!
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:58 AM   #48
Luna
Tuna Luna

Luna is on a distinguished road
Rise and whine!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:31 AM   #49
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Rise and whine!
Blow me!
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:29 PM   #50
Luna
Tuna Luna

Luna is on a distinguished road
Depends how much you're pushing
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote