Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #76
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Today I was suffering from withdraws of the super charger whine so after work I took my RSX out for a drive. Came across a Mustang that wanted to play but my Redline radar detector wisely pointed out to me that the local authority just down the street wouldnít appreciate that stunt. When compared to the larger low tech V8 engines, Iím still amazed by how much power you can squeeze out of a four cylinder. My son has a MK6 GTI with APR K04 turbo kit, their V3.1 tune, FBO supporting mods, the APR DSG tune, and APR's valve springs. Itís respectfully quick on the tarmac. Over the last few years Iíve enjoy watching his car transform into its current state, plus the friendly competition between his turbo setup and my RSX supercharged system (https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro). With both car equipped with two liter engines, I find it interesting how the two different force induction systems generate similar power levels. I would love to have one of each to drive.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #77
Pedro456

Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pedro456 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just realized there's a new chat lol.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #78
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #79
orangeS

orangeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
TVS2650 is out.....
orangeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #80
94b20gsr

94b20gsr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
That would be a disgusting setup, especially considering the statistics on it being better than a whipple 2.9 in efficiency, power, and uses half the hp to turn at load. Good for 20k rpm's out of the box also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-11-03_23-10-11-640x427.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	524042  
AIS W/M 14GPH
94b20gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:34 AM   #81
torresa009

torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
when the blower is substantially bigger than the actual motor
Old 11-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #82
torresa009

torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
rant; so i finished the s/c install a few days back and everything checked out, i drove it around for a a week nice and smoothly on a basemap then i went to get it tuned 2 days ago. we were having some issues tuning it on the dynapac, so after a few hours of struggling, decided to take it on the street for a street tune instead and it all went fairly well did a bunch of pulls and he sent me off with a decent tune to use in the mean time while we sorted out the dynamic issue and fine tune later. drove home did some pulls not too aggressive but on the 3rd or 4th one, it gave out.

Problem: as soon as i floored it, it cut fuel immediately and got the flashing CEL like when it knocks I'm assuming it knocked too much and went into a fuel cut. tried it again and same thing. i logged it and got some crazy knock at WOT and cuts off right away only at WOT. i can ease up the rpm range and it fine. i changed the spark plugs for 2 step colder and same thing.

I'm starting to think that it may be something mechanical that went wrong because the tune was pulling fine without any knocks. this is annoying I'm so close to having it completed and then this happens.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:49 AM   #83
orangeS

orangeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Any codes?
orangeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #84
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by torresa009 View Post
rant; so i finished the s/c install a few days back and everything checked out, i drove it around for a a week nice and smoothly on a basemap then i went to get it tuned 2 days ago. we were having some issues tuning it on the dynapac, so after a few hours of struggling, decided to take it on the street for a street tune instead and it all went fairly well did a bunch of pulls and he sent me off with a decent tune to use in the mean time while we sorted out the dynamic issue and fine tune later. drove home did some pulls not too aggressive but on the 3rd or 4th one, it gave out.

Problem: as soon as i floored it, it cut fuel immediately and got the flashing CEL like when it knocks I'm assuming it knocked too much and went into a fuel cut. tried it again and same thing. i logged it and got some crazy knock at WOT and cuts off right away only at WOT. i can ease up the rpm range and it fine. i changed the spark plugs for 2 step colder and same thing.

I'm starting to think that it may be something mechanical that went wrong because the tune was pulling fine without any knocks. this is annoying I'm so close to having it completed and then this happens.
Post up your logs
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #85
torresa009

no CEL except when it flashes when knocking, doesn't store a code.

And I'm on a ktuner ECU I don't think you guys can see the logs
Old 11-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #86
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
no CEL except when it flashes when knocking, doesn't store a code.

And I'm on a ktuner ECU I don't think you guys can see the logs
Whats the AF when it starts to knock?

When you floor it, does the knocking happen right away or after some time?

Have you checked any and all vacuum lines?

How much fuel did you have in the tank? What fuel setup?
Old 11-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #87
torresa009

So I paid more attention to the logs and as soon as I go full throttle the AFR drops to like 11.2 and go into boost then about a second later the AFR spikes back to 14.5 that's where the knock starts.

I've checked all vacuum hoses and the are all fine. I found a loose bolt on the manifold but that fixed nothing. I do remember that the PCV valve doesn't have the washer on it, but i know I tightened it well.

I was low on the tank but still had some gas left. 91 fuel. I'm running 1000cc injectors and a DW fuel pump
Old 11-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #88
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Quote:
So I paid more attention to the logs and as soon as I go full throttle the AFR drops to like 11.2 and go into boost then about a second later the AFR spikes back to 14.5 that's where the knock starts.

I've checked all vacuum hoses and the are all fine. I found a loose bolt on the manifold but that fixed nothing. I do remember that the PCV valve doesn't have the washer on it, but i know I tightened it well.

I was low on the tank but still had some gas left. 91 fuel. I'm running 1000cc injectors and a DW fuel pump
First thing, fill your tank up. Turbo guys often hit lean cut with low fuel on pulls due to the fuel sloshing to the rear of the tank while the pickup is in the front. I doubt your pulling hard enough, but fill up. Its easy to rule out.

What does your battery voltage read just before the lean cut?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #89
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
X2... Always maintain tank above 1/4! I used to hit lean cut with WOT pulls when my gas was under 1/4 with stock fuel system.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:04 PM   #90
SAX JONZ
SAXJONZ

SAX JONZ is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
My supercharger is really enjoying the cooler weather. Keeping an eye on the E85 ethanol content. When they drop the ethanol ratio will switch back 93 octane. I will miss the easy 30 hp that I gain with E85. What a kick in the nuts. Oh well itís better to store the RSX over winter with 93 in the tank Ė less issues overall
It's been awhile since I have been on here. I need to get mine back on the road again. Looking to finish but no time and need to order more suspension parts and motor mounts need redone. Car destroyed the 60a. Guess I will go 95 next.
I'm going to run a return line and retune to E85. Looks like you took advantage of a flex tune as well. Who tuned you? I miss my ol girl. When I get her back up and rolling it will be a whole new suspension and feel and that tune though, car will be quite a bit faster I think.
SAX JONZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:06 PM   #91
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
It's been awhile since I have been on here. I need to get mine back on the road again. Looking to finish but no time and need to order more suspension parts and motor mounts need redone. Car destroyed the 60a. Guess I will go 95 next.
I'm going to run a return line and retune to E85. Looks like you took advantage of a flex tune as well. Who tuned you? I miss my ol girl. When I get her back up and rolling it will be a whole new suspension and feel and that tune though, car will be quite a bit faster I think.
Good eye, I went with Russellís fittings and synthetic rubber hose Ė so far no issues. Vitaliy Mikitchenko at VitTuned performed all my tunes. To keep it simple I went with dedicated tunes for each fuel type Ė not an issue if you know where to locate stations with E85, but for longer trips Iíve traveled with my computer just in case I had to change tunes on the fly. Was going to install a alcohol sensor in the return fuel line but got lazy.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #92
torresa009

Oh the fun of bleeding the slave cylinder when there's a s/c in the way. Real pain in the ass.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #93
JTypeS

JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Oh the fun of bleeding the slave cylinder when there's a s/c in the way. Real pain in the ass.
Nothing compare to changing the starter with supercharger installed
JTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #94
bacchus418

bacchus418 User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTypeS View Post
Nothing compare to changing the starter with supercharger installed
Or how about the alternator?! OMFG what a PITA
SHOW: Aspec kit, Chargespeed grille, '05 gunmetal wheels, DIY blackouts, nine.4, eDi 6500s, Big 3, Alpine 9884, Audiofrog, Fosgate, custom 10" sub box, Titanium trim kit, Bride shift boot, Wet Okole, 5% tint GO: K-Pro!, IMG, Injen CAI, Megan shorty header, custom 2.5" catback, KW V2 coilovers, SPC camber kits, Hotchkis endlinks, Progress sway bars, Stoptech Stage 2, Ingalls ETD, Hardrace bushings and mounts, Comp Clutch Stg 5, Quaife, JRSC 3" pulley, Merc aftercooler, DW 65C & 800CC INJs
bacchus418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #95
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Lmao... All valid points! I second the starter as I had to pull the blower to get to it

I changed my slave cylinder pre-blower
Old 11-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #96
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Last week of travel for work, then I'm taking next week off. I need to do maintenance on 3 vehicles badly
Old 11-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #97
torresa009

update on my previous fueling/knocking issues:

after checking every hose and every possible vacuum leak, and different tuning maps, i started to change up the injectors around and lastly i replaced the 1000cc with 650cc and the problem went away almost completely. i still get a few knocks here and there but it doesn't cut off anymore.

the 1000cc injectors were brand new and came with a flow sheet and all so i know they are not defective, also the injector dead times were entered correctly. I'm thinking it might be my ECU that doesn't handle the bigger injectors too well.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #98
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Quote:
update on my previous fueling/knocking issues:

after checking every hose and every possible vacuum leak, and different tuning maps, i started to change up the injectors around and lastly i replaced the 1000cc with 650cc and the problem went away almost completely. i still get a few knocks here and there but it doesn't cut off anymore.

the 1000cc injectors were brand new and came with a flow sheet and all so i know they are not defective, also the injector dead times were entered correctly. I'm thinking it might be my ECU that doesn't handle the bigger injectors too well.
Find a different tuner.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #99
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
I agree with Ransom, you most likely need to tweak your tune. Like a lot of other drivers, I also have 1000cc injectors and I can switch back and forth from a gas pump to E85 tunes and the engine performs well without a single issue. I know you upgraded your fuel pump, but did you double check your fuel supplyís flow and pressure?
Old 11-17-2016, 05:15 PM   #100
bacchus418

bacchus418 User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
12 hour road trip for the holiday coming up with my new supercharger and sound system! Can't wait!
SHOW: Aspec kit, Chargespeed grille, '05 gunmetal wheels, DIY blackouts, nine.4, eDi 6500s, Big 3, Alpine 9884, Audiofrog, Fosgate, custom 10" sub box, Titanium trim kit, Bride shift boot, Wet Okole, 5% tint GO: K-Pro!, IMG, Injen CAI, Megan shorty header, custom 2.5" catback, KW V2 coilovers, SPC camber kits, Hotchkis endlinks, Progress sway bars, Stoptech Stage 2, Ingalls ETD, Hardrace bushings and mounts, Comp Clutch Stg 5, Quaife, JRSC 3" pulley, Merc aftercooler, DW 65C & 800CC INJs
bacchus418 is offline   Reply With Quote