Jackson Supercharger FAQ - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-19-2004, 12:08 AM   #51
Sacrifice
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?

Sacrifice is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hey, that was all said with a grin on my face and a light heart. I wasn't trying to pick on anyone, it was meant as humor only. I "speculate" as much as anyone else.

Now chill.
Injen, #4, Toda, Innovative, Ingalls, Quaife, ITR, Tanabe, Mugen, DC Sports, Comptech, DC Sports, Nuespeed, SSR, Toyo
------------------------------------------------
I don't know why everyone tries to cure thier insanity, I'm having a blast with mine.
Sacrifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2004, 12:41 AM   #52
conradb212
ECU Tuner

conradb212 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by Hondata
No, the JRSC program we have done is for one level of boost only. There is no flexibility.
Apologies, Hondata. I didn't express myself clearly. I didn't mean to imply that the reflash had flexibility to handle greatly different boost levels, just that it probably had some flexibility to handle the slight variation in boost levels you said you observed with different intakes (on the 0.3-0.4 psi level).
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 11:57 AM   #53
SleeperRSX
Whats that smell!!!

SleeperRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I dont think the psi drops or increases. I dont think a SC works like a turbo. With a pully your always running at the pully psi setting which is a t 5 psi. What you'll drop is HP if you dont have a similar set up as what they dyno'ed with, which was SRI/RH/E.

Sorry sacrifice for sounding like a teacher.
SleeperRSX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #54
Sarg. Pepper
BF Desert Combat Junkie

Sarg. Pepper is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I noticed that someone stated that if you apply the JRSC you have to replace the ECU back to factory. What happens if my original ECU from the factory was the N1 Mugen ECU. Will I have problems? I also have mugen valve springs installed when I got the car...will those mods be in my favor or will I run into problems?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #55
wdsonny

wdsonny is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You would need hondata to build you a special program that allows for this. You don't have to flash the ECU back to stock but you will run into problems if you try and use it. Detonation, misfire, pre-ignition, engine death, etc.... Talk to Doug at Hondata and see what they can offer you. The springs will help alot. As long as you don't have aftermarket cams I think you should be good to go. www.hondata.com and talk to them. I would.
wdsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:08 PM   #56
Sarg. Pepper
BF Desert Combat Junkie

Right on...I just hope I don't end up getting rid of the ECU I have...I just hope they can just reprogram the N1 I got now. Thanks for the advice...
Old 01-26-2004, 01:16 AM   #57
Sacrifice
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?

Uh, you WILL need to deal with your ECU if you go SC'd. The Mugen will no way work with the blower. It's the same problem as using the #4 flash with the SC. Only magnified, alot. I don't know whether Hondata could reprogram a Mugen ECU. If's it just a regular ECU that Mugen reprograms, then I would guess they could. Another thing for you to think about is selling your Mugen ECU. Put that money towards the Hondata reprog.
Injen, #4, Toda, Innovative, Ingalls, Quaife, ITR, Tanabe, Mugen, DC Sports, Comptech, DC Sports, Nuespeed, SSR, Toyo
I don't know why everyone tries to cure thier insanity, I'm having a blast with mine.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:40 AM   #58
Sarg. Pepper
BF Desert Combat Junkie

Yeah...I figured as much. I guess if all else fails you are right...that would be the best thing next to keeping the ECU I have now. Thanks again bro...
Old 01-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #59
conradb212
ECU Tuner

The Mugen N1 ECU is a replacement for the original stock ECU. It has special, optimized mappings that are even more aggressive than the Hondata #4 reflash (9,100 rev limit and 4,700 rpm iVTEC cut-in). I think this is a non-programmable ECU, but I am not sure if it could be reflashed, or how different it is from the stock ECU.

There's no way you can use this with the JRSC. You may call Jackson and see what they recommend. You may also want to call Hondata and ask what to do. Most likely you'll have to replace it with a stock ECU and go from there, which means selling the N1.

The springs can only help. No problems there.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #60
Hondata
Manufacturer

Hondata is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarg. Pepper
Right on...I just hope I don't end up getting rid of the ECU I have...I just hope they can just reprogram the N1 I got now. Thanks for the advice...
We can reprogram the Mugen ECU with any of our programs.

I would suggest you wait a few weeks and upgrade the Mugen ECU to our programmable version.
Hondata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:28 AM   #61
chris_2002rsx-s

chris_2002rsx-s is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondata
We can reprogram the Mugen ECU with any of our programs.

I would suggest you wait a few weeks and upgrade the Mugen ECU to our programmable version.
If I would get the JRSC Race Kit what would I do with my ITR flash.
I already paid Hondata 600 + another 200 for ITR upgrade.
Are you saying I have to spend another 200 or 500?
*Exedy Organic/Act Prolite
*azenis/x-brace/mugen replicas
*r rear sway/revo ss
chris_2002rsx-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:12 PM   #62
i VieTEC
Master Member

i VieTEC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
See you soon Doug...

Andy
i VieTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:02 PM   #63
wdsonny

Conrad. Add this to the sticky.

An oil catch can would be a very wise choice for use with the JRSC setup. The catch can will go between the PCV (located under the neck of the JRSC pulley) and the top of the SC. I used 5/8 inch braided fish tank hose and mounted the catch can on one of the stock airbox standoffs with a universal "T" connector. You can shape and bend the connector to your liking. Make sure you get long enough hoses. Do not use the one braided hose supplied with most kits. Go out and get your own. The ones that come with the kit are not strong enough to take the vacuum from the SC. Inside the catch can I would put something to filter out the blow by gases that vent to the can. If your can comes with a filter then forget the last step. The Greddy can does not come with anything inside. After my drive from CA to MS I noticed the hose from the PCV to the can were black and the hose going back to the SC were clean. This is a wise investment for the JRSC.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #64
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdsonny
Conrad. Add this to the sticky. An oil catch can .....
Done. And thanks for continuing to share your experiences. I really think that as time goes on, this FAQ will help a lot of people avoid a lot of headaches.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
Old 02-09-2004, 01:31 PM   #65
i VieTEC
Master Member

Will JRSC race kit throw a CEL? Do I need Casper 02 sim or anything? Would it affect the life span of my engine?
Old 02-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #66
SilverRSXBCS
RSX In Texas

SilverRSXBCS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Cheap Prices

Jackson Racing has now lowered the prices of the chargers. I have found a site with the race version well under $3000 and the regular version is just over $2000. If anyone is intrested in where these prices are at message me on AIM Dave123901.
SilverRSXBCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #67
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRSXBCS
Jackson Racing has now lowered the prices of the chargers. I have found a site with the race version well under $3000 and the regular version is just over $2000. If anyone is intrested in where these prices are at message me on AIM Dave123901.
Yes, Jackson lowered the list price of their supercharger systems for the RSX a while ago. I made reference to that in the FAQ.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
Old 02-18-2004, 12:30 PM   #68
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by i VieTEC
Will JRSC race kit throw a CEL? Do I need Casper 02 sim or anything? Would it affect the life span of my engine?
Someone who has the race kit installed, like WDSonny, could give you a precise answer regarding CELs. Personally, I would not install the Casper O2 no matter what. If the computer triggers error codes, I'd rather do something to fix the situation than simply squelch the codes. As for life span, anytime you put more stress on an engine lifespan of certain components will be lowered. Knwoing that, it depends on how hard a car is driven. My guess is that someone who drives a stock RSX very hard every day will see a shorter engine lifespan than someone who responsibly drives a SC-equipped car.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:32 PM   #69
i VieTEC
Master Member

yay i got race header...where can you get jrsc race for less than 3k?
Old 02-18-2004, 06:34 PM   #70
SilverRSXBCS
RSX In Texas

SilverRSXBCS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
JRSC Cheap

The cheap chargers are at LandSpeedRacing.

http://landspeedracing.com/customer/...cat=254&page=1
SilverRSXBCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:50 PM   #71
wdsonny

The CEL's for the O2 sensors are not going to impact anything dealing with engine life span. I don't see the Casper's O2 Sim's being of any use. The ECU needs that information to adjust the amount of fuel being delivered to your injectors. Mess up any part of that chain and you could run too rich (not a bad thing) or too lean (very bad thing). I would just put the O2 sensors in the test pipe or hi-flow cat and be done with it. It's like buying a night with a hooker, yeah it's all fun for the moment but you know it's not going to last.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:52 PM   #72
gavsx

gavsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
hey
sorry to be dum

but i heard superchargers can blow off
it this true? or is it BS?
gavsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #73
MaRRk

MaRRk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRSXBCS
The cheap chargers are at LandSpeedRacing.

http://landspeedracing.com/customer/...cat=254&page=1
Has anyone verified this price? Maybe it's a missprint. Killer price though, makes me want to bust open the piggy bank
Old 02-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #74
Sacrifice
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?

JR did come down with the price of the kits. And definately puts it in the affordable range.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:15 PM   #75
rSaTvEeVrE
blah blah blah

rSaTvEeVrE is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
where oh where can i find the street version for a lil over 2g's??
Someone pm and let me know!