Jackson Supercharger FAQ - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-01-2004, 08:00 PM   #76
zach12985

zach12985 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
what would be a better fit, civic si SC or type-s SC? Or should i just wait until one comes out (if it does)
zach12985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2004, 12:47 AM   #77
wdsonny

wdsonny is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Check out my other thread about the ECU upgrade and keep watching. Dyno day on Saturday!!
wdsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:17 PM   #78
Tomm
7 yrs?!?

Tomm is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Is the hondata IMG compatable with the street JRSC version or will it just make things worse.
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2004, 11:33 AM   #79
conradb212
ECU Tuner

conradb212 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm
Is the hondata IMG compatable with the street JRSC version or will it just make things worse.
Hondata's website and IMG installation manual refer to both turbocharged and supercharged engines, so my guess is that Hondata sees the IMG benefitting forced induction engines.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:14 PM   #80
Tomm
7 yrs?!?

What all will I need if I go for the upgrade on the street version? I know injectors, reflash, and plugs is there anything else?
Old 03-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #81
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
What all will I need if I go for the upgrade on the street version? I know injectors, reflash, and plugs is there anything else?
That should be it. However, I am sure JRSC veterans will tell you that in order to milk all the possible performance out of the race version getting just the right combination of intake and exhaust will make a difference. Also, now that the Hondata programmable ECU is out, I'd get that over a static reflash. After all, it'll allow you to dynotune the race version to optimal performance.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
Old 03-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #82
Tomm
7 yrs?!?

So after all those other parts get the Hondata JRSC reflash? Is that the version I can dynotune?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #83
QWK_RSX

QWK_RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
is it possible to get a jr supercharger for my premium rsx?
if not then what do i have to change on my engine to possibly get one installed?
QWK_RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #84
Tomm
7 yrs?!?

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can do that upgrade pulley on the street version right??? Am I looking to hard at this??
Tom
Old 03-08-2004, 05:07 PM   #85
wdsonny

The TFI box that ships with the street kit is programmed for one level of boost (5psi). In order to use the street kit and get more boost you will need an aftermarket ECU (Hondata K-Pro). Also, when you up the boost, you need more fuel than the stock injectors will pump out. These things are tested and the information is put out as such. Keep reading, you are not quite there yet.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:13 PM   #86
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can do that upgrade pulley on the street version right??? Am I looking to hard at this??
Tom
I'd say you can't. Sure, you could simply put a pulley on and a different belt, but the street version's digital fuel management system was not designed to handle the higher boost, so you'd be asking for trouble. And even if it could, the stock injectors could not deliver the fuel.

The way I see it, there is a bit of a predicament. A lot of folks probably want the CARB-legal version and the only one that is CARB-legal is Jackson's street version that still comes with the digital fuel management add-on card. As soon as you switch to the "race" version you're no longer CARB-legal because neither ECU reprogramming nor larger fuel injectors are CARB-legal.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #87
QWK_RSX

is there anybody out there that can answer my question about putting a jr supercharger in a premium rsx? is it possible to get one?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #88
Tomm
7 yrs?!?

So If I want to push 7 psi I should go with JRSC Race Version, JR Boost Pulley upgrade, RC 440cc Injectors, MAP relocator, and Hondata JRSC Reflash. I plan on putting in the Hondata IMG and the JR Race Header with an O2 sim that I cant seem to find. What do you guys think of this set up with my current mods? I would have to lose my pulleys anyway. And would it be possible to even step up to 550cc injectors or will i need an aftermarket fuel rail and regulator?
Tom

Sorry to cut u short QWK RSX

Last edited by Tomm; 03-08-2004 at 08:09 PM..
Old 03-09-2004, 02:12 AM   #89
Hondata
Manufacturer

Hondata is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb212
A lot of folks probably want the CARB-legal version and the only one that is CARB-legal is Jackson's street version that still comes with the digital fuel management add-on card. As soon as you switch to the "race" version you're no longer CARB-legal because neither ECU reprogramming nor larger fuel injectors are CARB-legal.
You buy the street version you get the carb sticker. You upgrade to the race version get the ECU and injectors and you are no longer carb legal (but you still have the sticker). However in all testing we have done the emissions are identical to stock even with bigger injectors.

You may not be complying with the letter of the law, but you are complying with the spirit.

An officer inspecting the car would need to know that the injectors have been replaced and that those injectors were not covered under the CARB EO number for the JRSC supercharger.
Hondata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:30 PM   #90
QWK_RSX

is there anybody out there that can answer my question about putting a jr supercharger in a premium rsx? is it possible to get one?
Old 03-09-2004, 06:33 PM   #91
wdsonny

No. Simple enough. Not being an @$$ but they have not released one for it and most likely will not. Sorry but your options are limited right now.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #92
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWK_RSX
Sorry you had to ask three times. Sonny is right... no JRSC for the Premium. For the time being, all you can do is feel good that while the Canadian Premium model uses the 160hp base engine, it is somewhere between the Base and Type-S in other respects, especially in suspension and interior.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #93
I-zoom

I-zoom is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hp!

The race veroins is suppost to put out 280+HP..that must be at the fly!
Cause every dyno I have seen is only 230HP??
I-zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #94
wdsonny

With all the planets properly aligned and if you have everything that JR has on their car, plus a 40 shot of N2O, then yes, you could get 280WHP. But more realistically, you are gonna get about 240-270WHP with the 7psi pulley upgrade. Every car is different and makes power accordingly. Don't be mad when you don't pull 280WHP.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:18 PM   #95
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-zoom
The race veroins is suppost to put out 280+HP..that must be at the fly!
Cause every dyno I have seen is only 230HP??
I suppose you're referring to the charts posted by Hondata. No, that's at the wheel. I think they used a Dynapack that usually reads a bit higher than a Dynojet, but there is no reason to doubt Hondata's numbers. Of course, those guys really know what they are doing and their numbers are likely higher than those of someone who installs the JRSC without additional tweaking and dynotuning.

But you are right insofar as we are seeing some pretty substantial discrepancies between dyno numbers, ranging from under 200 wheel for a standard street installation to the 280+ for Hondata's 7psi race version. And yes, it does appear that so far, those with the 5psi race version generally land in the 230 range. Still, I think it's all within the natural range of things. Different dynos produce different numbers. Each installation probably has different I/H/E. And up to now the static reflash didn't allow for much additional tuning, so some installations didn't perform up to their potential. The K-Pro will likely change that.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:07 AM   #96
chieftain1958

chieftain1958 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i still cant decide between the jr or cn-1 i drive around 95 miles a day to work and back and i want reliability but want more power. which way to go? any one around savannah ga who has either?
chieftain1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:45 AM   #97
wdsonny

You want reliability, hands down the JRSC. You want ball wrenching power, turbo. Granted with the right tuning a turbo is just as reliable but there are a number of things you need to watch. A/F, EGT and Boost. With my JRSC setup, all I do is get in, shut up and hang on.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #98
chieftain1958

is it really that great? i got stomped by a tc-integra the other night ussually 3rd is my time butr he just walked like we do on v-6 mustangs!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #99
chieftain1958

What would you think the best thing about your sc is? does it affect the i-vetech operation or just build upon it? I really like the fact that our engine is smart enough to adjust its lift aswell as cam time.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:19 PM   #100
wdsonny

The fact that I can run the car to max RPM all day and then shut the car off and not have to worry about a turbo timer. I have no idea what i-vetech is, but I-VTEC is controlled by the ECU and oil pressure. The new flash from Hondata/JR controls all the aspects of that section. As I said before, ball wrenching power is a turbo all the way. Instant throttle boost with no lag; supercharger. He said, she said, this matter is all personal preference. You do what you want to do and don't let anyone tell you what to do. Independence is what makes you you!