Comptech Supercharger FAQ - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #26
joejoe3
Supercharged Crew #37

joejoe3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Agreed. Might as well just buy the SC w/out the flash then...
Upload on the the SC calibration provided w/ Kmanager and use taht as a starting pt.

Thanks!
joejoe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #27
krystar
Master Member

krystar is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
if you are the type of person that wants to self tweak, then not getting the comptech program is the way to go.

but if you are the type of person that just wants it to work without you messing with it, then get the comptech program.
This is the most work I've done at work EVER
krystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #28
NWRSX

NWRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I got my K100 with the CTSC kit. When I want to upgrade to KPRO, do I have to purchase it through Comptech? Or can I buy the KPRO from any dealer?

I seem to remember somone having trouble with this.
NWRSX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #29
joejoe3
Supercharged Crew #37

joejoe3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Well, if everything you guys are saying is correct.
Basically upgrading to kpro from k100, you still cannot tune the map, but only thing extra is datalogging and other kpro fuctions.

So if u are planning to upgrade k100 to Kpro and not dyno tune, forget it waste of money for a few more fuctions on the ECU... if u are planning to dyno tune from scratch then get the kpro from anywhere.
joejoe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #30
krystar
Master Member

nwrsx, i think u have to get the dealer that did your k100 install do the k100->kpro upgrade. in that case, the dealer would be comptech. make sure with hondata on that though.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:25 AM   #31
cammyman1
referred to Subaru

cammyman1 is on a distinguished road cammyman1 is on a distinguished road cammyman1 is on a distinguished road
i know i'm a little late but excelent write up.
cammyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #32
Kingsta18
Master Member

Kingsta18 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I got a ? I was reading the Thread and I didn't see anything about the initial Reflash that comes with the SC

I'm wanting to know about problems and what not with the Stage 1 flash and also the stage 2 flash?

Thanks in advance
Kingsta18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #33
krystar
Master Member

the flashes were designed so that there would be no foreseeable problems as long as the equipment you have on the engine is as specified as the flash or comparable.

I don't know if enough ppl are even running the stage 2 flash in order to see if there are any problems. ppl would probably just upgrade to kpro either from the beginning, or after stage 1.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:15 PM   #34
Kingsta18
Master Member

So if I buy the stage 2 ctsc from lynnwood w/kpro. . will it come pre-loaded with ct flash for stage 2 so that it is basically plug and play?

Also where is the best place w/the best price to buy the stage 2 kit?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Kingsta18; 12-21-2005 at 10:19 PM..
Old 12-26-2005, 10:54 PM   #35
Kingsta18
Master Member

bump for absolute best place to buy the CTSC stage 2 w/reflash (not kpro) and price?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:22 AM   #36
dony21c
JRSC DC5ZENKI

dony21c is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
good write up!
dony21c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #37
dliggins
Blown...

dliggins is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quick question. After reading acouple of times, I didn't see the gass mileage decreaes when using the Stage 2. With the larger capacity injectors does the mileage decrease drastically?
dliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #38
krystar
Master Member

not to a significant degree because it's the capacity that changes. not the amount of fuel you're injecting for cruising.

think of it like this. the fuel system is yer garden hose. the injector is the garden hose nozzle. if you get a bigger nozzle, it only means that you can open the nozzle less in order to get the same amount of water out of the nozzle. just because it can handle putting out MORE water doesn't mean it has to.

i get avg 25mpg up to 27mpg during my normal driving. which is what a stock rsx gets anywya
Old 01-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #39
dliggins
Blown...

dliggins is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Thanks for the quick reply
dliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #40
Sskhimura

Sskhimura has been a little shit in the past
Is it really okay to use the 550 injectors, that comptech prodvides on their website, for the 3.3 or 3.1 inch pullies, or do I have to get 650s? I'm asking becasue I did search all around, and it seems to me that the answer really isn't too clear. Some people are saying its okay to run those injectors provided by comptech for the comptech SC, and some people are saying that it will be just like the jackson racing SC and will require you to get 650 injectors if you want to run 3.3 or smaller pully. Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sskhimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #41
conradb212
ECU Tuner

conradb212 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sskhimura
Is it really okay to use the 550 injectors, that comptech prodvides on their website, for the 3.3 or 3.1 inch pullies, or do I have to get 650s? I'm asking becasue I did search all around, and it seems to me that the answer really isn't too clear. Some people are saying its okay to run those injectors provided by comptech for the comptech SC, and some people are saying that it will be just like the jackson racing SC and will require you to get 650 injectors if you want to run 3.3 or smaller pully. Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I can tell you with great authority because I have been testing the Comptech-modified injectors for Comptech itself for almost 8 months now that the Comptech injectors have plenty of capacity for the 3.3 inch pulley. I have yet to see more than 80-85% duty cycle max. My guess is that they are even good enough for the 3.1 inch pulley.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #42
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dliggins
Quick question. After reading acouple of times, I didn't see the gass mileage decreaes when using the Stage 2. With the larger capacity injectors does the mileage decrease drastically?
I keep meticulate tab on my gas mileage. I averaged 26.5 mpg in mixed driving NA. With Comptech Stage 1 that dropped by only 1-1.5 mpg to a bit over 25mpg. Stage 2 had almost no impact and I still averaged just over 25 mpg. For me, switching to the 3.3-inch pulley brought a significant drop to maybe 22 mpg or so, even if I drive very conservativey. Comptech noted that with the 3.3 inch pulley the car goes into boost much more often, which means it'd hit the boost fuel columns much more often. I have not seen that in my datalogs, but I definitely see lower mileage.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
Old 01-16-2006, 10:01 PM   #43
Sskhimura

Dang, so the 3.3 inch pully decrases your gas milage a good bit? I wanted to go with the 3.1 inch pully, but then I kept reading about peple having injector size problems with that size, atleast with the jackson racing SC, So I decided to go with the 3.3 inch pully and maybe upgrade later depending on how the car reacted and lasted on that size. I guess this brings me to ask a question, "Is going from stage two to stage three just a matter of switching pullies, provided you have the modified comptech injectors? Or is there something else that should be done also?" Also, how much more noticble is the hp from the 3.3 inch pully compared to the stage two, I think its a 3.6 inch or something..not sure. Thanks
Old 01-16-2006, 10:28 PM   #44
StevenC
BMW'ing it up!

StevenC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sskhimura
Dang, so the 3.3 inch pully decrases your gas milage a good bit? I wanted to go with the 3.1 inch pully, but then I kept reading about peple having injector size problems with that size, atleast with the jackson racing SC, So I decided to go with the 3.3 inch pully and maybe upgrade later depending on how the car reacted and lasted on that size. I guess this brings me to ask a question, "Is going from stage two to stage three just a matter of switching pullies, provided you have the modified comptech injectors? Or is there something else that should be done also?" Also, how much more noticble is the hp from the 3.3 inch pully compared to the stage two, I think its a 3.6 inch or something..not sure. Thanks

Listen gas mileage wont charge horribly if you are not racing the car.. i have a 3.3 pulley and often get 320 miles to a tank when highway driving... No problems at all... Yes 3.3 is a nice upgrade from 3.6 provided you have the intake and exhaust parts taken care of.. And yes if you have Kpro, you simply need to change pulleys and retune for the smaller pulley and you're set (assuming the injectors hold out)..

The problems you mentioned with people going to smaller pulleys on the jackson racing kit was with the 550 injectors not the kit/pulley. Those RC 550 injectors just dont have a good spray pattern.. The 650's are much better (which is what i use).

StevenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:37 PM   #45
Sskhimura

Wow, seriously quick reply, so thanks. Also I looked at the vid of your car, while you're driving it from the inside going through some gears. It sure does haul some serious ass. But what I want to know is how you're getting around 280whp from just 7psi? Is that right, I think thats what it says. Were you flooring it all the way through the gears, or being sorta conservative?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:00 AM   #46
krystar
Master Member

i have the 3.3 pulley and while driving conservatively i get 26mpg. of course i can't resist the urge for too long so i usually end up with 24-25. the key to daily driving and saving gas is to keep it out of boost. i have the same vac/boost gauge as conrad and many others. daily driving, i don't exceed 10 inches of vacuum.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #47
Sskhimura

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb212
I can tell you with great authority because I have been testing the Comptech-modified injectors for Comptech itself for almost 8 months now that the Comptech injectors have plenty of capacity for the 3.3 inch pulley. I have yet to see more than 80-85% duty cycle max. My guess is that they are even good enough for the 3.1 inch pulley.

So there duty cycle is fine, I get that part. But I've read something about the spray pattern of the 550 injectors, is that okay also with the injectors?
Old 01-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #48
StevenC
BMW'ing it up!

StevenC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i have a 2005 k20z1 so my i make different power levels at different psi when compares to a 2004 k20a2. Yes i am at 6.8 psi however im using a 3.3 pulley to generate that 6.8 psi...

StevenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #49
krystar
Master Member

the spray pattern of the 550's is inferior to that of the 650 or 750's. it's a toss up whether or not it works perfectly for you. I have the 550's and it works just fine.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #50
conradb212
ECU Tuner

I added a scan of the CTSC CARB exemption sticker to the FAQ.