Comptech Supercharger FAQ - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #101
conradb212
ECU Tuner

conradb212 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
No need for new plugs.

For the gauge, see my post on the boost gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrimina1 View Post
Sorry if this seems a little noob but I remember seeing somewhere (on this board I think) that you need new spark plugs for the kit. I'm looking to get some NGK iridium plugs (or something of higher quality if you can recommend one) but am unsure which ones are right for this kit. The boards aren't too specific and in the part store there's no line saying the difference in plugs other than the price tag.

On another note, I'm going to guess a boost gauge does NOT come with the kit, so I was wondering what company I could go with for a good gauge, if I need one; as you can tell I'm unsure of what a gauge would do other than tell you how much boost you're running, temperature, or shift times. Thank you for any and all help!
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #102
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Oside Jimc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb212 View Post
No need for new plugs.

For the gauge, see my post on the boost gauge.
Conrad, where the hell have you been?????
Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #103
RSXING AZ
CLUBRSX.com Supporter

RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though RSXING AZ is cool, not as cool as some though
I thought he was dead?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #104
conradb212
ECU Tuner

conradb212 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside Jimc View Post
Oh, I've been around... RSX has been out of commission for a few weeks... the alternator broke right off at the track. I guess the belt was finally tight enough to not slip, but too tight for the alternator or bracket (havent' assessed all the damage yet).
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #105
hondafanatic

hondafanatic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
What size belt can i run without the AC compressor?
hondafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #106
xtrmbldr911
433 whp 361 tq @ 16 psi

xtrmbldr911 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
This might be a stupid question but is there a way to get a replacement bypass valve for inside the snout of the blower?
xtrmbldr911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #107
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmbldr911 View Post
This might be a stupid question but is there a way to get a replacement bypass valve for inside the snout of the blower?
seems like juan(rsx-s-na) had to replace his, but maybe he just had to reinstall it, not sure... ask this in the supercharged chat, more people frequent it, and juan normally comes around about 6am so maybe he can help you.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #108
xtrmbldr911
433 whp 361 tq @ 16 psi

awesome thanks a lot for the quick response aswell ^^
Old 09-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #109
mateo
no longer moderate

mateo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Contact Magnuson the maker of your blower on their website...

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/bypass.htm

To sad/bad people can't help each other out like they use to around here.

I hope this helps. Tell them you have a Eaton 62 sold by CT, and they should be able to sell you what you need. You might also check fleebay too, after you get the part number for a better deal.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #110
xtrmbldr911
433 whp 361 tq @ 16 psi

thanks mateo appreciate it ^^ i swear its like finding a needle in a hay-stack to find out where to get the bypass valves O_o
Old 09-08-2008, 03:04 AM   #111
mateo
no longer moderate

mateo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
thanks mateo appreciate it ^^ i swear its like finding a needle in a hay-stack to find out where to get the bypass valves O_o
No problem brah.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #112
xtrmbldr911
433 whp 361 tq @ 16 psi

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Comptech%20SC/

hows it look? other than broken bypass valve
Old 09-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #113
DC5R-07

DC5R-07 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Great info ! ! !
DC5R-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #114
xtrmbldr911
433 whp 361 tq @ 16 psi

Quote:
so i ended up calling comptech and got everything squared away....turns out i only needed a bypass actuator which was like $80
Old 10-19-2008, 05:00 AM   #115
Jsn
smoke it if u got it

Jsn is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
very nice write up conradb212. but i have a question, does mileage matter? for example can a rsx with 100k+ miles SC their cars? and what is recommended to change/replace in the motor to handle a SC on a high mile car. you should add that to your post. =) but other than that VERY USEFUL shit.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #116
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn View Post
very nice write up conradb212. but i have a question, does mileage matter? for example can a rsx with 100k+ miles SC their cars? and what is recommended to change/replace in the motor to handle a SC on a high mile car. you should add that to your post. =) but other than that VERY USEFUL shit.
kind of old, but all you need to do is a leakdown and cylinder pressure (compression) test to make sure you're still within spec.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #117
TriniStylezDC5
highrevallday

TriniStylezDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I just wanted to know if a comptech supercharger of an 06 type-s will fit an 04 auto tsx .
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #118
Highrev1
The GREG

Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member
Gonna need the re-flash at the least, unless your running the dual ecu k-pro.

Probably have to figure out tensioner things also.
Highrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #119
kay20tilldeath
Master Member

kay20tilldeath is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
hey guys have a quick question for ya,i tried searching and found some info but still confused.i just ordered a CTSC for my type-s.i wanted to get brando's bracket so i wouldnt have the break issues everyone has.now do i use the auto tensioner i get with the CT kit and brandos bracket or do i use my stock tensioner with brando's bracket?
kay20tilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #120
javy1389

javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javy1389 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
can someone explain to me the new carb legal k-pro for me? it says it is "Comptech ECU Map is locked, and must be deleted in order to make any changes " is that something I (some one with a laptop) can do or hondata has to do it?
javy1389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 AM   #121
deathbyRSX

deathbyRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Is it possible to run the comptech supercharger on stock injectors, or the do they need to be replaced to get proper performance? Also is there any way to get more info on the modified stock fuel injectors?
deathbyRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #122
knwldge54
doesn't even have an RSX

knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyRSX View Post
Is it possible to run the comptech supercharger on stock injectors, or the do they need to be replaced to get proper performance? Also is there any way to get more info on the modified stock fuel injectors?
Yes.
Bigger injectors will yield more power if properly tuned.

It sounds like you have an assload of questions but for some
reason have decided to settle for those above. If you have
questions, search then ask them. That's what FAQ and Q&A
threads are here.
knwldge54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:36 AM   #123
deathbyRSX

deathbyRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I understand that by adding new injectors it will increase the power, but my question is: Can you run a Comptech supercharger on stock injectors?
deathbyRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #124
knwldge54
doesn't even have an RSX

knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyRSX View Post
I understand that by adding new injectors it will increase the power, but my question is: Can you run a Comptech supercharger on stock injectors?
Where are you getting this from?
I just answered this question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knwldge54 View Post
Yes. Bigger injectors will yield more power if properly tuned.
Maybe I wasn't clear.
YES. You can use stock injectors with a CT kit.
New injectors don't magically add power.
They must be tuned in to the equation.
knwldge54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #125
Special Ed
What The Problem Is?

Special Ed is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside Jimc View Post
You still on here at all Jim?

Motorcycle crew #007 Biiioootttccchhh! Cruiser style! 06 HD Night Train
Special Ed is offline   Reply With Quote