Supercharger Tech Q&A, ***Noobs start here*** - Page 35 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #851
bomdc5

bomdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Yes, the guy who replied to you has lol.

Not to discourage you, but based off your posts throughout this site, unless you are ready to get into modding heavily, I'd recommend you stay with the JRSC, swap on 3.2" boost pulley, get kpro and bigger injectors and call it a day. Proven setup for daily and low maintenance like you asked.

Once you go into more than that, you price will jump significantly and the need for additional mods start popping up. I'm very competent with working on my car and knowing the supercharger setups and I would not venture down this road lol.
^ this....Reliable power does not come cheap. I had the JRSC for 8 years before switching.
bomdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2016, 10:15 PM   #852
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
seems like anything over the 3.2in pulley starts to get to the breaking point of a stock 6 speed transmission
Old 06-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #853
kenneth86

kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
lol no worries nats , if i had a good reliable machanic to work on my car for me id prob end up going down that route but if its a lot of work then maybe ill wait for another day once i get use to the upgraded set up . do you have a lsd in your tranny ? if so how did it work out for ya?
kenneth86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #854
kenneth86

kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx kenneth86 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomdc5 View Post
^ this....Reliable power does not come cheap. I had the JRSC for 8 years before switching.
I've had my set up 8 years now to! time for a upgrade , what did you go with ?
kenneth86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:52 PM   #855
bacchus418

bacchus418 User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
Hey guys, I'm nearly ready to tune my JRSC/Merc aftercooler project and I'm trying to figure out what to do about this GM IAT sensor I'm running. Is there some setting in Kmanager that I need to configure? I've been over and over all the settings and I don't see anywhere that I can change the IAT sensor settings.... help?
SHOW: Aspec kit, Chargespeed grille, '05 gunmetal wheels, DIY blackouts, nine.4, eDi 6500s, Big 3, Alpine 9884, Audiofrog, Fosgate, custom 10" sub box, Titanium trim kit, Bride shift boot, Wet Okole, 5% tint GO: K-Pro!, IMG, Injen CAI, Megan shorty header, custom 2.5" catback, KW V2 coilovers, SPC camber kits, Hotchkis endlinks, Progress sway bars, Stoptech Stage 2, Ingalls ETD, Hardrace bushings and mounts, Comp Clutch Stg 5, Quaife, JRSC 3" pulley, Merc aftercooler, DW 65C & 800CC INJs
bacchus418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #856
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
last i checked there was no way to change iat settings in kmanager. I think the gm iat sensor is either 10% lower or higher than the oem. its been a while so im sure someone else can chime in
Old 06-21-2016, 06:58 AM   #857
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus418 View Post
Hey guys, I'm nearly ready to tune my JRSC/Merc aftercooler project and I'm trying to figure out what to do about this GM IAT sensor I'm running. Is there some setting in Kmanager that I need to configure? I've been over and over all the settings and I don't see anywhere that I can change the IAT sensor settings.... help?
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...25&postcount=7
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:00 AM   #858
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickbowlmidz View Post
last i checked there was no way to change iat settings in kmanager. I think the gm iat sensor is either 10% lower or higher than the oem. its been a while so im sure someone else can chime in
sup homie,
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #859
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
sup homie,
same old same old. how about you man?
Old 06-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #860
bacchus418

bacchus418 User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
Thanks guys, that's helpful!
SHOW: Aspec kit, Chargespeed grille, '05 gunmetal wheels, DIY blackouts, nine.4, eDi 6500s, Big 3, Alpine 9884, Audiofrog, Fosgate, custom 10" sub box, Titanium trim kit, Bride shift boot, Wet Okole, 5% tint GO: K-Pro!, IMG, Injen CAI, Megan shorty header, custom 2.5" catback, KW V2 coilovers, SPC camber kits, Hotchkis endlinks, Progress sway bars, Stoptech Stage 2, Ingalls ETD, Hardrace bushings and mounts, Comp Clutch Stg 5, Quaife, JRSC 3" pulley, Merc aftercooler, DW 65C & 800CC INJs
bacchus418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:17 PM   #861
big boi

big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx big boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
too much good information here. looking to to install a jrsc on my 02 type s. mods ive done are toda exhaust manifold, brian crower full valve train with stage 1 cams. k pro ecu, electric water pump, 650cc injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump adjustable regulator and that fancy k tuned fuel rail. left the bottom end alone at this time because I'm at 170-175 compression across all cylinders. think a guy could run 10 psi reliably? by reliably I simply mean trying to get 100k between rebuilds minus the catosrophic failure that can seem to be inevitable due to a bad quality part or defect. Also would 300hp be achieveable on bottom end if so how many miles are u guys getting between rebuilds?
big boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:50 PM   #862
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi View Post
too much good information here. looking to to install a jrsc on my 02 type s. mods ive done are toda exhaust manifold, brian crower full valve train with stage 1 cams. k pro ecu, electric water pump, 650cc injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump adjustable regulator and that fancy k tuned fuel rail. left the bottom end alone at this time because I'm at 170-175 compression across all cylinders. think a guy could run 10 psi reliably? by reliably I simply mean trying to get 100k between rebuilds minus the catosrophic failure that can seem to be inevitable due to a bad quality part or defect. Also would 300hp be achieveable on bottom end if so how many miles are u guys getting between rebuilds?
You shouldnít have any issues with the stock short block. On my 02 RSX-S, Iím running with a CT Engineering supercharger with a VitViper aftercooler pushing 10.7 psi (both units are still available new). Most important thing you need to maintain engine reliability is a good custom tune. Yes, making 300 whp is doable. As for miles, I'm still running on the factory engine with 185,000+ miles and itís still running strong.

Last edited by DC5Sandbag; 09-14-2016 at 09:56 PM..
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote