Water / Meth Injection with Roots Superchargers - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #101
himsweet66six
Hawks

himsweet66six is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by renrab View Post
How far are you from Hammond, IN himsweet?
looks like a little over an hour away. why whats up?
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #102
luvmyrsx
Mostly stock, Mostly

luvmyrsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by himsweet66six View Post
i was thinking about using the t1 temp sensor, but i dont want it visable. is it possible to run it on the underside of the manifold?
I have my gm sensor currently in the bottom plate of my jrsc. Not sure what charger you are running. Disadvantage of putting it in the bottom plate is that it will read a little cooler than if installed in a runner.

As for iat sensors, have you considered trying the oem iat sensor? Here is a thread on it.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=697367

The advantage is that it is accurate. I will soon have an integra sensor in a runner. I will be able to compare temp differences between temps at the bottom plate and temps at the runner.

Crsx Injen Cai, Kpro, IMG, custom stainless catback, JRRH, high flow cat, JRSC, 3.0 inch pulley, Jmercado's bracket, Jmercado's aftercooler, other stuff
luvmyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #103
himsweet66six
Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyrsx View Post
I have my gm sensor currently in the bottom plate of my jrsc. Not sure what charger you are running. Disadvantage of putting it in the bottom plate is that it will read a little cooler than if installed in a runner.

As for iat sensors, have you considered trying the oem iat sensor? Here is a thread on it.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=697367

The advantage is that it is accurate. I will soon have an integra sensor in a runner. I will be able to compare temp differences between temps at the bottom plate and temps at the runner.
well i have the gm on the bottom of the access plate. i was thinking of trying to run the oem one or the T1 on the runner. i just want to have it hidden. i was wondering if i could get away with running it underneath the runner instead of on the side.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #104
Md_DC5

Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
ok guys im getting ready to tap my intake for the meth fittings.

now from looking at sams intake it doesnt have a long elbow like mine. i have an injen and i cant really mount the nozzle any place besides on part of the intake that is angled down. the meth would be spraying and have to travel up the intake to the manifold instead of across to it.....(if that makes sense) im wondering if that is going to affect flow due to the mounting points?

i was thinking that if i do this that maybe meth could travel down towards the filter since it has to flow upward and its a bit further from the manifold.

before i start drilling up the intake i want to see what you guys think.
Been wondering the same thing

I just havent asked yet because im waiting to get my map sensor and smaller pulley...
Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #105
stwatson
Meth Blow Speed = my life

stwatson gets around and is known
stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Quote:
ok guys im getting ready to tap my intake for the meth fittings.

now from looking at sams intake it doesnt have a long elbow like mine. i have an injen and i cant really mount the nozzle any place besides on part of the intake that is angled down. the meth would be spraying and have to travel up the intake to the manifold instead of across to it.....(if that makes sense) im wondering if that is going to affect flow due to the mounting points?

i was thinking that if i do this that maybe meth could travel down towards the filter since it has to flow upward and its a bit further from the manifold.

before i start drilling up the intake i want to see what you guys think.
Shouldnt be a problem. When the meth is atomized this much and we are moving this much air...it should reach the motor. That is my OPINION...I have no facts though.
13.0 @ 113mph (Traction is not my friend)
stwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #106
iVTecIntegraDC5

iVTecIntegraDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Someone told me that running meth/water isn't good for your motor because it wears it out faster. I wanted to know if this was true or not ?

2004 Honda Integra Type S

| My Showoff Thread |
iVTecIntegraDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #107
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVTecIntegraDC5 View Post
Someone told me that running meth/water isn't good for your motor because it wears it out faster. I wanted to know if this was true or not ?
If anything, it will make the motor last longer, since all that carbon gets burned out.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #108
iVTecIntegraDC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
If anything, it will make the motor last longer, since all that carbon gets burned out.
Heard its the water part of the mixture that hurts the car not the meth part. Causes corrosion

| My Showoff Thread |
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #109
2010 admin

Quote:
Heard its the water part of the mixture that hurts the car not the meth part. Causes corrosion
Not likely in the concentrations we are running. You have to remember that the Mustang guys have been shooting water/meth forever, in way higher amounts than we ever will, and it hasn't been an issue.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #110
iVTecIntegraDC5

Quote:
Not likely in the concentrations we are running. You have to remember that the Mustang guys have been shooting water/meth forever, in way higher amounts than we ever will, and it hasn't been an issue.
True. Thanks man

50/50 is good right

| My Showoff Thread |
Old 04-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #111
2010 admin

I honestly would not worry about it. If you were running straight ethanol as a fuel, that could be an issue but the vlume that is going in is minimal.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #112
JPSlick
Master Member

JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Cars that run on meth..... not cars injected with meth. Two different beasts.
My Youtube Video Channel
JPSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #113
iVTecIntegraDC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
Cars that run on meth..... not cars injected with meth. Two different beasts.
True thanks .

| My Showoff Thread |
Old 04-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #114
himsweet66six
Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stwatson View Post
Shouldnt be a problem. When the meth is atomized this much and we are moving this much air...it should reach the motor. That is my OPINION...I have no facts though.
Yea it should be fine. I figured I would find someone running it on an injen and would have feedback
Old 05-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #115
cvcrcr99

cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cvcrcr99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wanted to share my experience with AIS. BTW, this thread is what "sold" me on getting the kit from AIS.

I am running a D16y8, JRSC on 7-8 psi, with a 7gph nozzle and I am extremely happy. The only complaint I have is with my s300 not working the Nitrous/Aux 1 switch correctly (has nothing to do with AIS's kit). Oh well, I re-wired it back to the supplied boost switch that came with the kit and everything works fine!

Thanks Rodney for the help over the phone, and thanks ClubRSX for this thread. When I get a little more funds available, I will be experimenting with a 10gph nozzle on a dyno to see if it help or not. I might also have to get a bigger tank as my 4 qt one needs to be filled up once a week!

Basically.... +1 for AIS and the support team. Keep up the good work!
cvcrcr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 AM   #116
himsweet66six
Hawks

well guys the time is coming to get the car running. i want to see what you guys think as far as what mixture i should be running.

i will have a k24 with a 2.8 bp and a 09 k24 cp and an aftercooler. my buddy zack (aka type spaz) is running the same setup and is seeing 11-12 psi with an aftercooler as well. he went and got tuned not too long ago and is getting alot of knock up top. he got a big torque increase but barley any HP gains. so it looks to me like meth is def needed with this setup.

my question is what mixture do you guys think will be the best to go with? 50/50 or maybe run a little more meth than water? maybe 60/40? i just want to see what your guys opinions are on the issue.

also the car is setup for 18gph.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #117
sharper
Alky fed rat.

sharper is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
well guys the time is coming to get the car running. i want to see what you guys think as far as what mixture i should be running.

i will have a k24 with a 2.8 bp and a 09 k24 cp and an aftercooler. my buddy zack (aka type spaz) is running the same setup and is seeing 11-12 psi with an aftercooler as well. he went and got tuned not too long ago and is getting alot of knock up top. he got a big torque increase but barley any HP gains. so it looks to me like meth is def needed with this setup.

my question is what mixture do you guys think will be the best to go with? 50/50 or maybe run a little more meth than water? maybe 60/40? i just want to see what your guys opinions are on the issue.

also the car is setup for 18gph.
I believe the sweet spot is somewhere between 50/50 and 70meth/30h2o. I would start with the 50/50 and only up the mix if you need it. My thought is to first add more gph at a lower mix and see where you end up. If your bogging the motor and still seeing heat and knock then up the mix. I have a theory that the meth really ups the efficiency of the aftercooler, can't prove but "I still believe".

When your tuning your gph/mix, Be thinking that you want the max "meth" effect while removing as little fuel as possible from your maps.

Happy tuning

Quote:
You don't learn to swim by asking everyone else how the water is. You gotta' jump the fuck in.
sharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #118
himsweet66six
Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
I believe the sweet spot is somewhere between 50/50 and 70meth/30h2o. I would start with the 50/50 and only up the mix if you need it. My thought is to first add more gph at a lower mix and see where you end up. If your bogging the motor and still seeing heat and knock then up the mix. I have a theory that the meth really ups the efficiency of the aftercooler, can't prove but "I still believe".

When your tuning your gph/mix, Be thinking that you want the max "meth" effect while removing as little fuel as possible from your maps.

Happy tuning
ok thanks for the info.

i just under the impression that the closer too 50/50 u are the better chances of cooling you have since the water will cool and the meth will act as a fuel more so. that just what i remember reading in the past.
i am not going to be tunning the car which is what the problem is. i have no clue how to tune the car and leaave that up to someone else. i just dont have the money to keep going back and forth.

im thinking that a 60/40 mix might be good for the setup...

i was going to just buy that boost juice and call it a day but its 49/51 mix. fuck that i want a true 50/50 or at something with a tad bit more meth.

today i am going to try and source out some meth. but thanks for the help sharper.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #119
crackerjack
+ Displacement

crackerjack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
meth 50/50

Meth at 50/50 is windshield washer fluid rated at -40C.

make sure you get the blue one with no detergent, deicer and all that crap.

it will have less than 1% dye to make it blue which is fine.

even the -35C rated windshield washer fluid is 65/35 water/meth and they are like $2 for a gallon.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #120
himsweet66six
Hawks

Just went to my meth supplier and told him what I was gonna use it for. He sad that the meth will not mix with the water? He said one will sit on top of the other..... Is this true with pure meth ?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #121
sharper
Alky fed rat.

Quote:
Just went to my meth supplier and told him what I was gonna use it for. He sad that the meth will not mix with the water? He said one will sit on top of the other..... Is this true with pure meth ?
No, Methanol is miscible with water. or, it mixes with water in any porportion.

Your Meth supplier should know this, unless your talking about the guy you buy your crank from, then I understand why he is mis-informed.

Quote:
You don't learn to swim by asking everyone else how the water is. You gotta' jump the fuck in.

Last edited by sharper; 05-17-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #122
himsweet66six
Hawks

Ok I thought so otherwise I'm sure someone would have said something by now. Just weird that they said that. It was actually 3 people that were there and all stated I would have that problem. So as long as I am getting pure meth then i should be fine or any meth for that matter
Old 05-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #123
sharper
Alky fed rat.

Quote:
Ok I thought so otherwise I'm sure someone would have said something by now. Just weird that they said that. It was actually 3 people that were there and all stated I would have that problem. So as long as I am getting pure meth then i should be fine or any meth for that matter
Yes.

I know that guys that run methanol as fuel sometimes use a "top end lube" to counteract the corrosive effects of Methanol on metal. If your retailer sells a fuel that comes pre-mixed with that additive, it could be the reason he is telling you it doesn't mix with water. But I have no real facts to back up that theory.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #124
stwatson
Meth Blow Speed = my life

stwatson gets around and is known
stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known

Sit on top of each other??? Please smack them in the face. Methanol mixes with water SO well that it actually releases energy when the bonds are made! My mixture containers get warm when I add the water to the methanol.

As far as the mixture...I am leaning towards 50/50 as the highest meth concentration you want. Water offers more cooling and the only reason we dont use more of it is because it can bog the motor when you spray too much water. The more water you can add the better (given the amount of meth added still offers enough detonation prevention and added octane for the increased ignition).

I would stick with 50/50 man...Just my opinion.
13.0 @ 113mph (Traction is not my friend)
stwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #125
realxlai
fg2 ftw

realxlai is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
very informative post. I just learned something lol
realxlai is offline   Reply With Quote