Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Dual exhaust

Tags
dual exhaust
40K views 78 replies 52 participants last post by  3000 
#1 ·
thinking of going with dual pipes. i know this would involve some body work. me and my buddy have been doing some thinking about it, and i was thinking it would either have to be a dual muffler, or split into a "Y" pipe any suggestions?

dual exhaust like this V

See less See more
#62 ·
Space is limited on the driver's side due to the crap associated with getting gas in and out of the gas tank. Thus there is no room for a stock style muffler. Also, where the exhaust turns to leave the central "tunnel", the frame has a recess to allow more ground clearance for the pipe where it passes across the frame--there is no such recess on the driver's side of the tunnel.

One could do a dual on an RSX, but the car itself prevents doing it correctly, or at least what would qualify as correct for me.

If you just want the look and don't care about the function, buy an exhuast tip, cut the bumper, and mount the tip on the driver's side :vtec:

#69 ·
cut outs are generally put directly off the header, and are opened at high RPM, where it would make the most power. this way you can keep a quieter/less free flowing exhaust for the street, and have it insanely loud/free flowing with the flip of a switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.