Innovative Mounts, install and review - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
Innovative Mounts, install and review

Now first off the easiest mount to install will be the hydraulic filled mount (passenger side) the abs module bracket will have to be unbolted to give u more room to the 14mm bolt under it.Car must be on jack stands for more room to place the jack. Motor must be supported with a piece of wood and a jack under the oil pan. Unbolt the mount bracket using a deep 19mm socket i used an air gun but a breaker bar and extension can be used. Then remove all 3 14mm bolts holding in the mount.

To install repeat the steps above backwards, then lower the motor slowly until ur able to start threading the NEW bracket on the new mount, then start then bolts off the bracket to the motor THEN tighten everything to torque specs which is 43ft lbs.

Now the driver side mount is a little bit more tricky and will require either a ratchething wrench 14mm or a ratchet and small socket. Support the motor again with a piece of wood and jack. Remove the battery and battery tray...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RADIO CODE THEN DONT FORGET TO HOLD THE WINDOW ALL THE WAY AUTO UP TO REST THE AUTO FUNCTION.... Unbolt the bolt that goes thru the mount first then unbolt the tranny bracket bolts then the mount itself now some of the bolts are tricky to get to and can be reached by turning the wheel all the way left or taking it off then reaching under the frame....Install in reverse order but install the mount first then the bracket THEN the mount that goes thru the bolt can be reached by jacking up the motor slowly so the hole can be reached....NOW THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT START THREADING THE BOLT IN BY HAND AS MUCH AS U CAN TO MAKE SURE ITS GOING IN SMOOTH IF NOT YOU WILL CROSSTHREAD THE BOLT.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
now the easiest way to do the rear is have access to a lift. Support the tranny with a standing floor jack or a floor jack if ur doing this in ur driveway. Remove the bolt that goes thru very carefully using a ratchet and a 17mm socket again has to be small or it will hit the exhaust..Now you can lower the cat but dont have to, its just easier with it off.Now if the bolt doesnt come all the way out pry the cat towards the passenger side enough to wiggle the bolt out.Then remove all 3 bolts that hold the mount in....now you dont really need to lower ur subframe but once again it will give u more room to work. I just wiggled the mount out of there and maneuvered it out. Then put in the new mount...Now this is the tricky part...put the bolt thru the mount first and then bolt it down i bolted the mount first and had a real hard time putting the bolt thru and lining up the holes, i had a 5foot metal bar and another pry bar to pry the exhaust out of the way. Torque the bolts to spec i believe its 43ft lbs for the bottom bolts and 47 for the one that goes thru

Old 04-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
bluej511
Name's Vic

1 Tranny mount in

2 Rear and passenger side waiting to go in

3 Old passenger and new passenger side mounts

4 Passenger side in

5 Old rear and new rear mounts

6 105,000mi later and a couple track events lol cant be seen unless taken off

7 How my rear BC is holding up

8 How the front is holding up and how it should be zip tied correctly

Old 04-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
bluej511
Name's Vic

Maintenant je present la revue de Innovative Motor Mounts lol

Alright before people get bent out of shake please read the whole review.

Ok first off installation took about 1hr and 30min with the proper tools and knowledge. The pieces fit like they came from the factory and look absolutly amazing under the hood, people will definitely know that you have a good solid motor. And ill say this again the pieces really are top quality made and are unbelievably solid.

Now i installed the 2 side mounts without a lift because the lift was being used, now the first thing i noticed was how the car gave a good kick when started. Only one word to describe it, felt like a beast.

After i installed the rear mount the vibration at start up was there BUT it wasnt bad at all kinda like starting a race car, and ive done that before. The motor does not move a mm even with my still busted up front mount. Its extremly solid and i dont recommend getting the black or even grey bushings unless u have some serious hp something like 500whp and +....

I let the car warm up inside and the vibration at idle really wasnt what i expected, with everyone saying solid mounts give off more vibration well they vibrate but it doesnt rattle the glove box, now a friend of mine was there to take pics for me as i usually dont let down crsx members lol. He sat in the car and he remembers what it was like with ESMM and he said "this is SOOOOOOOO much better you dont even feel it in the seat or even in your legs"..The way i describe the vibration is at idle its noticeable but not enough to make u hate em. They vibrate a tiny bit more between 800-1100 rpm but who really stays there anyways lol...The only way i can put the vibration is that with the Innovative mounts and a/c on is like the ESMM with absolutly nothing on.

Now before people start going crazy...these things still have wheel hop but guess what? THE ROADS WERE COVERED IN RAIN lol i launched at about 3k and got some wheel hop but nothing major, i used to wheel hop in the dry and my srs and check engine light would flash and my radio stopped working lol....

Now the roads did manage to dry up the closer i got to home and i really go to try em out. Tires were still slightly wet and i launched at about 3k-3500rpm and go absolutly no wheel hop the car just launched and wet, now this is without a proper burnout and my tires being warmed up and there all season. I stopped in the middle of the road where i saw it was dry and flat lol revved to about 4500-5000rpm dropped the clutch and off it went again with no wheel hop.

I absolutly love these mounts and i believe the lifetime warranty wont be needed, they notified me that there working on pics for the front mount and its 95$ shipped so maybe in the future i might get it and i do believe the hop will be completly gone in the wet. Possibly because my front mount is worst then the rear.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
BOM_RSX-S_HB
The EASY Way

BOM_RSX-S_HB is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511
Now the driver side mount is a little bit more tricky and will require either a ratchething wrench 14mm or a ratchet and small socket. Support the motor again with a piece of wood and jack. Remove the battery and battery tray...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RADIO CODE THEN DONT FORGET TO HOLD THE WINDOW ALL THE WAY AUTO UP TO REST THE AUTO FUNCTION.... Unbolt the bolt that goes thru the mount first then unbolt the tranny bracket bolts then the mount itself now some of the bolts are tricky to get to and can be reached by turning the wheel all the way left or taking it off then reaching under the frame....Install in reverse order but install the mount first then the bracket THEN the mount that goes thru the bolt can be reached by jacking up the motor slowly so the hole can be reached....NOW THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT START THREADING THE BOLT IN BY HAND AS MUCH AS U CAN TO MAKE SURE ITS GOING IN SMOOTH IF NOT YOU WILL CROSSTHREAD THE BOLT.
How did you get to the two bolts underneath the battery tray?

Did you need to remove your airbox to get to the tranny bolts and the lower mount bolts?

I thought thre three mount bolts are all 17mm?

Kit looks great!

Paul
Old 04-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
bluej511
Name's Vic

i forgot what they were lol i think the bracket and mount bolts are 17s i dont remember im to tired from trying to get that rear mount in lol. but u only need to get the battery tray out so u can get the bolt that goes thru the mount out.

There are no bolts under the battery tray but there under the mount itself i used a ratcheting wrench but a small ratchet and small socket should do.

I also believe that these will get softer in about a week or so and i will def update this thread. i will run stiffer in the rear and softer damper settings in the front then launch at 5k again and see what happens

Old 04-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
BOM_RSX-S_HB
The EASY Way

BOM_RSX-S_HB is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511
i forgot what they were lol i think the bracket and mount bolts are 17s i dont remember im to tired from trying to get that rear mount in lol. but u only need to get the battery tray out so u can get the bolt that goes thru the mount out.

There are no bolts under the battery tray but there under the mount itself i used a ratcheting wrench but a small ratchet and small socket should do.
No bolts under the battery tray? I unscrewed two visible from the top of the tray and then couldn't pull it out -- after feeling around on the underside I felt two bolts underneath. Hmm, I'll double check it could've been a latch or something.

Did you take out your airbox to get to the lower tranny mount bolts? Or did the ratcheting wrench reach all the way down there?

Quote:
I also believe that these will get softer in about a week or so and i will def update this thread. i will run stiffer in the rear and softer damper settings in the front then launch at 5k again and see what happens
I just installed two of my 3 Enjo mounts and have already felt the vibrations decrease after a couple days. And yes, our cars DO sound like beasts after upgrading the mounts. I love it.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #8
BW787
Master Member

BW787 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
take a pic of the entire engine bay w/ the mounts in. Im really not a fan of red coloring in my engine bay. Looks ricey to me. I like the stock look but if theyre as good as you say. I think ill have to get some.

Last edited by BW787; 04-05-2006 at 08:27 PM..
BW787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
bluej511
Name's Vic

Paul- i have a cai so things are easier to install but the battery tray is plasting and should come right out just take the harness out of it.

And to get the lower bolts u have to go sorta from under the car, u can take the wheel off and ul have more room u can reach over the fender and feel what ur doing from under the car.

bw787-The mounts are barely visible and you wouldnt be able to know there red, or if there even there except for my tranny mount since i have no airbox.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #10
bluej511
Name's Vic

Id also like to have anyone in the north east who has enjos mounts to compare with me, and if anyone is in the area and would like to sit and feel it then id be more then welcome to show them to u.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
Cerebrous

Cerebrous is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
What do you mean when engine mounts make the car sound like beast ???? confused????

Please could you guys compare the vibes to stock? If I have glove box rattle before... what will happen after?
Cerebrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
DavidIX
If ur not 1st ur last

DavidIX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Yes SIR Just as expected!.

Comming Tuesday Mine will be in...Cant wait to join in on the fun.
DavidIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
DavidIX
If ur not 1st ur last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrous
What do you mean when engine mounts make the car sound like beast ???? confused????

Please could you guys compare the vibes to stock? If I have glove box rattle before... what will happen after?
Did you read the Glove box Rattle Fix?...you have to bend something inside the glove box do a little search it's not that hard.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #14
bluej511
Name's Vic

i might just remove my glove box or make a better one if it starts rattling.

When it starts the car rumbles like oh idk a V8 lol, ill be picking up a rear integra emblem from a member in CT and he has ESMM and were gonna compare em if we have time. Now if anyone is in the new england area or the NJ area ur welcome to meet up this weekend sat night while i install BC coilovers and let me know what u think

Old 04-06-2006, 03:15 AM   #15
chunktwo
i eat f00d

chunktwo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
man you are freaking awesome.. i love your reviews and DIYs.. they are always helpful and informative..

anyone else with any reviews on the vibrations??? just dont want an ESMM type vibration..
chunktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:55 AM   #16
bluej511
Name's Vic

well im gonna take some pics either today or tomorrow what they look like in the engine bay and like i said with the A/c on its like ESMM with nothing on its very minor at idle i think it feels awesome but ill post back in a couple days to see if it smoothes out.

Im surprised there isnt more people posting there was like a dozen people interested

Old 04-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #17
chunktwo
i eat f00d

chunktwo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i think after your pics and reviews they are all running to buy them.. that or mb they were expecting it in the eng/trans forum...

but you got me itching to buy these
chunktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:41 PM   #18
bluej511
Name's Vic

alright well i launched twice off the limiter today and got absolutly no wheel hop and the car just shot. I think the litte wheel hop i get sometimes might be cause by my front mount being the worst shape then the rest of em.

The motor does not move a mm when ur giving it gas its amazing how stable it is.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:47 AM   #19
bayarea485

bayarea485 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
After reading your review I'm pretty much set on buying these. Thanks for doing a review.
bayarea485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 AM   #20
nrsxt
Master Member

nrsxt is an unknown quantity on c-rsx

good diy and review. might just have to pick these up. hopefully they'll settle down, get softer and have even less vibration
Old 04-07-2006, 07:02 AM   #21
bluej511
Name's Vic

well onebadivtec might post soon hopefully cuz he sat in the car last night and said he couldnt feel a thing so thats good.

Put it this way with the a/c on they vibrate just like ESMM wtihout the ac on. Ill have to get used to it with the a/c on cuz u can def feel it then but its not bad at all i still prefer these over the ESMM and should be ordering the front next month or so.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #22
DavidIX
If ur not 1st ur last

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5
I'm getting more interested in these, but I'm extremely curious as to the difference in rattling between the ESMM vs these...I'm actually getting rid of my RH to get rid of vibrations (RH brings the bpipe to the frame and you can feel it vibrate against your butt lol)...so you can gauge how annoying it is if I'm giving up the race header due to its vibrations! I've never had ESMM w/o RH so I'm sure ESMM's vibrations will be nothing to me, but I hope the full replacement mounts do not cause a lot more vibration.
Wait did you have a RH without ESMM's?
Old 04-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #23
bluej511
Name's Vic

well they seem to be getting less vibratey already and im gonna guess the reason i get wheel hop when wet is i need better tires

Old 04-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #24
DavidIX
If ur not 1st ur last

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5
Nope, ESMM + RH installed at the same time (easier that way anyway, while nothing is bolted onto the block). I was saying that I never felt how ESMM was without my RHs that I've had (both RHs w/ my Comptech made my Comptech bpipe sit close enough to the frame that it vibrates your butt! and that's w/ heat wrap around the first bend of the bpipe).

So I actually installed ESMM + RH + seat massager! For both passengers too LOL.
Only in reverse right? Or were you getting vibrations the whole time?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #25
paulkramer

paulkramer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Nice write-up and nice mounts. I want some!

Launching at the limiter?! You are nuts!
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote