Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

tail and stop light replacement

723 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  itskien 
#1 ·
I want to replace tail (7443) and stop (7443) lights with LEDs. I will probably also replace the high center mount stop light (7440) with LEDs.

Since my RSX is stock, there is a red lens over all of these lights. In that case is it acceptable or even better to buy the white LEDs or should I buy the red LEDs?

Some eBay sellers seem to equate the 7443 with the 7440. If I can get a 5 pack or 6 pack of 7443, I will try to use it for the high center mount stop light. It seems that it should work but if somebody can report that they have done this, that would be helpful.

#3 ·
yes, thanks, I am aware of the principle

but I was asking in case anybody has tried it and has determined one way or the other way to be acceptable or unacceptable. I was concerned that if the red lens does not behave ideally there might be a white bright spot and that might not be compliant. There's probably not much risk of that I would guess.

Doing it the other way, if a red LED does not match the frequency that a red lens transmits, then that could also be a problem.

#6 ·
but I was asking in case anybody has tried it and has determined one way or the other way to be acceptable or unacceptable. I was concerned that if the red lens does not behave ideally there might be a white bright spot and that might not be compliant. There's probably not much risk of that I would guess.

Doing it the other way, if a red LED does not match the frequency that a red lens transmits, then that could also be a problem.
I replaced all rear lights with LED off ebay, I did use red LED for the tail and brake lights, white for the reverse, and amber for turn signals. Looks great, my only issue is turn signals blink super fast now and sometimes not at all...

Hope this helps

#4 ·
You could find Diode Dynamics on here, he does a lot of lighting and LEDs (hes a vendor) but he will know what works perfectly and will probably offer advice and pictures of reference to get that output you want. He's probably your best bet and hes really active on here so he will probably answer fairly quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.