Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

K Engine Swap in to Auto 06 Base RSX

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  C1ph3r 
#1 ·
As said in title, I'm just beginning to look in to this, and I don't know much. I just have a couple questions to start off:
Will I be alright with doing the swap and keeping my auto transmission or will I need to change the transmission too?
What needs to be done/purchased (if anything) other than the motor?
Is there a place I can go to see all the different K engines that are compatible with my car and the differences in them?

#2 ·
Yeah, you can keep your auto if you want. The main engines people go after are the 2.0 liters out of the RSX-S (K20A2 & K20Z1) and 8th gen Civic Si (K20Z3), and the 2.4 liter from the 1st gen TSX (K24A2). Of you go through hmotorsonline.com you can score a Civic/Integra Type-R or Accord Euro-R engine. Pretty much everything else is factory-tuned as more of an economy engine. The newer Civic Si K24 has the power, but comes with other handicaps (integrated exhaust manifold, no "true VTEC"). For the Civic/RSX engines you're definitely going to need KPro installed in your ECU if you're staying auto. I believe you can get away with using the car's respective ECU for a stock engine if you were to convert to manual, and I'm not sure if those engines are otherwise a direct plug-n-play. The K24 needs the passenger side mount out of a CRV, plus arguably KPro. I say arguably because the TSX came with an automatic K24A2, but it doesn't sound like anyone has bothered to try the TSX auto ECU; they all go straight to KPro because that's what they're told. Personally I'd like to see for myself if it works; I like the idea of an engine having its factory tune when you don't plan on building it up.

The info is all over this site though, the swaps are common enough.

#5 ·
I know, old thread. I am not even sure of the last time I posted on here but am starting to research swaps just like this one. We also have an 06 RSX auto and want to keep it that way. Nice to see that most swaps will work.

In regards to getting the most from the motor swap with an auto, has anyone built an auto to handle power and have better shift points?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.