New here - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
StephenHarris

StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
New here

Just bought an 05 rsx, only problem with the car is all the lights flash until you turn the headlights on, you can drive the car but the security light blinks and when you turn it off and turn the headlights off all the lights will blink until the battery dies... Any advice? First jap car lol new to anything newer then like early 90s, picked this up for 1000$
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_205803520_1558575910557.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	549497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_205822043_1558575925010.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	549499  
StephenHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
reddirtross

reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Good looking vehicle. You got a steal by the looks of it.

In response to your query... I have no idea what's going on there. I am sure that some individuals on here, much more seasoned than I, can help to answer that question.
reddirtross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 PM   #3
StephenHarris

StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StephenHarris is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks, it's got 200k on it but it's clean lol, sitting on TSW wheels, just gotta figure out the security issue or whatever it is

Old 05-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
Dieonne

Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
turn car off and use your key to unlock/lock the doors. (Like literally stick key in key hole on the door) it sounds like you may have aftermarket alarm as well as OEM alarm and they clashing. I had same issue with my RSX years ago when I got it. Hopefully your issue is same.
Dieonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:50 PM   #5
StephenHarris

I will try that tomorrow when I get a new battery for it, if it's that simple then I definitely got a steal lol
Old 05-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #6
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Does the car look stock? Or like itís been modified at all? Security/alarm issues suck. Any car I ever had I cut the wires to any aftermarket alarm they are worthless. Unless itís like a dope viper alarm or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
StephenHarris

You wouldn't believe what it was ... It was going off because the battery was dead
Old 05-23-2019, 03:23 PM   #8
Dieonne

Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Lol I definitely wouldn't have thought the battery to be the cause but nonetheless good thing you fixed it and didn't have to do much digging or experimenting to find out the cause of issue.
Dieonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #9
reddirtross

reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHarris View Post
You wouldn't believe what it was ... It was going off because the battery was dead
I am not totally surprised, many after market alarm systems have a fail safe so that if someone cuts the power, to break into the car, it will set off the alarm. Glad it was an easy fix for you and nothing major or expensive.

Again, welcome.
reddirtross is offline   Reply With Quote