Full-race turbo kit - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
MightyRSX93

MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Full-race turbo kit

I'm looking for around 300-330whp. Do these kits include everything or will I need extra? Does anyone have these kits on their car for 05 RSX Type-S? I planned on getting the CT Engineering supercharger, but the salesperson told me there wasn't an ETA and could possibly never be shipped.

Last edited by MightyRSX93; 08-15-2018 at 07:26 PM..
MightyRSX93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

dustyboner User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
With a full race kit you would also need to get the parts to upgrade the fuel system and a kpro.
RSX fog light install guide

watch him play with his meat
dustyboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
DC5808
Vtec killer + Boost!!!

DC5808 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It's a complete kit as far as the turbo components. You will still need plugs, injectors, kpro or choice of management units, heat wraps, vacuum block or source, clutch, fuel pump. I could be missing some things, but that's a good start.
Vtec killer + boost member #1

http://Speedlab.net/
DC5808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
MightyRSX93

MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5808 View Post
It's a complete kit as far as the turbo components. You will still need plugs, injectors, kpro or choice of management units, heat wraps, vacuum block or source, clutch, fuel pump. I could be missing some things, but that's a good start.
Should I just go with a race header? Going turbo/ Supercharger seems pricey lol. I want power I will feel. I currently have exhaust/CAI with reflash but I want more power to take on G35s and other cars that rev at me.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #5
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRSX93 View Post
Should I just go with a race header? Going turbo/ Supercharger seems pricey lol. I want power I will feel. I currently have exhaust/CAI with reflash but I want more power to take on G35s and other cars that rev at me.
Sounds like you've done ZERO research.. and just want that BOV sound of pppssshhh... so might as well go on eBay and buy the sound horn that makes sounds

Turbo is pricey indeed. All said and done I probably had 10k into my full setup easy.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:44 AM   #6
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just buy a newer car that has more hp... getting more power after bolts on is $$$.
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:51 AM   #7
DC5808
Vtec killer + Boost!!!

Yes, turbo is way pricey and you will break parts eventually, which cost more $$. I say stick with bolt ons and throw some good cams in your car with kpro and a good tune👍 If want more power after that, you have to ask yourself if you want to cough out the $$$ to dump into the car going the turbo route.

I've seen Spaz go from N/A to supercharger to turbo...I can just imagine how much he dumped into the car from the time he owned it.

I went turbo once and fell in love, but I also did a lot of research before I decided to go turbo and I'm happy with the decision I made to do so👍

Old 08-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #8
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
Sounds like you've done ZERO research.. and just want that BOV sound of pppssshhh... so might as well go on eBay and buy the sound horn that makes sounds

Turbo is pricey indeed. All said and done I probably had 10k into my full setup easy.
I did research and looked for a kit I could just plug and play like the GReddy but they don't make them anymore. I would've gone CT supercharger but they aren't making them I believe as I have emailed and no reply, so I'm guessing they're done?
Old 08-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #9
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
Yes, turbo is way pricey and you will break parts eventually, which cost more $$. I say stick with bolt ons and throw some good cams in your car with kpro and a good tune👍 If want more power after that, you have to ask yourself if you want to cough out the $$$ to dump into the car going the turbo route.

I've seen Spaz go from N/A to supercharger to turbo...I can just imagine how much he dumped into the car from the time he owned it.

I went turbo once and fell in love, but I also did a lot of research before I decided to go turbo and I'm happy with the decision I made to do so👍
Quote:
I did research and looked for a kit I could just plug and play like the GReddy but they don't make them anymore. I would've gone CT supercharger but they aren't making them I believe as I have emailed and no reply, so I'm guessing they're done?
I'll probably go Race header/reflash, but I don't see it anywhere on Hondata for the 05? I did want to get an Evo/350z, but I just like this car too much lol.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #10
DC5808
Vtec killer + Boost!!!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'll probably go Race header/reflash, but I don't see it anywhere on Hondata for the 05? I did want to get an Evo/350z, but I just like this car too much lol.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/anim_headbang.gif[/IMG]
To get the most gains go kpro route in my opinion.

Funny, I bought a 2015 Evo Gsr when I found out that they were going to discontinue it.

I love my Rsx! Back when I had the Greddy kit with my vtec-killer setup, car was pretty quick, now it's just all out beastly and I still need to break the motor in.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #11
97 GSX 97
I Hate Honda's

97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This was my dilemma with my last DC5 lol. I just ended up buying one that was already done properly by the previous owner. Like Spaz said to have a good reliable setup you are looking at 8-10k easy.
2002 RSX Type S Laser Blue Turbo
97 GSX 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 PM   #12
kmak

kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bro trust me listen to the pros, I did and i am loving it so far; you will NOT regret it in the long run. I live all the way in Jamaica and I have been building my project since last year, with encouragement and advice from Spaz, I can safely say, "if you are not planning on dumping that 10k mark into your setup - then just dont bother. However if you are willing to spend that much and also love to read and research things on your own - then the project is worth your time, effort and money spent.

Thats my newbie advice.
kmak is offline   Reply With Quote