**KTuner** - Page 32 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #776
CazTypeS

CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Someone please help me, specifically someone who knows a lot about KTUNER..
So heres my situation, i have a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S with ktuner installed
To my knowledge, which is limited because im still learnig how to tune/use ktuner, my 2003 Type-S has a 05/06 ECU
My check engine light is on for “Error Code P0135” which stands for Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1). This indicates the PCM has detected a problem with the bank 1 oxygen sensor.
What I believe is the issue is that my O2 sensor is for the 03 Type-S, but since I have an 05/06 ECU, it is not matching up and is basically non-functional ((my therory, please correct me if I am wrong))
So I am looking to replace the O2 sensor with a wide and sensor that I can use with KTUNER platform to adjust my AFR (air fuel ratio) because as it stands my car is running VERY rich
I found a wideband Sensor online http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=79
So I need to know if this sensor will work with my 2003 Type S with the 05/06 KTUNER ECU, and if not which O2 sensor WILL work for me to...
A) Get rid of P0135 error code
B) Function as the O2 sensor should
C) Be able to adjust AFR, which is a wideband senor I THINK

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I feel like I’ve described in the most detailed fashion I can, but if there’s any questions about my car you have please ask them, I’ll clarify anything I can

Some mods if it’s helpful/required
RDX fuel injectors
DC Headers
Greddy full Exhaust
Stock Intake manifold
Cold air intake
CazTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #777
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazTypeS View Post
Someone please help me, specifically someone who knows a lot about KTUNER..
So heres my situation, i have a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S with ktuner installed
To my knowledge, which is limited because im still learnig how to tune/use ktuner, my 2003 Type-S has a 05/06 ECU
My check engine light is on for “Error Code P0135” which stands for Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1). This indicates the PCM has detected a problem with the bank 1 oxygen sensor.
What I believe is the issue is that my O2 sensor is for the 03 Type-S, but since I have an 05/06 ECU, it is not matching up and is basically non-functional ((my therory, please correct me if I am wrong))
So I am looking to replace the O2 sensor with a wide and sensor that I can use with KTUNER platform to adjust my AFR (air fuel ratio) because as it stands my car is running VERY rich
I found a wideband Sensor online http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=79
So I need to know if this sensor will work with my 2003 Type S with the 05/06 KTUNER ECU, and if not which O2 sensor WILL work for me to...
A) Get rid of P0135 error code
B) Function as the O2 sensor should
C) Be able to adjust AFR, which is a wideband senor I THINK

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I feel like I’ve described in the most detailed fashion I can, but if there’s any questions about my car you have please ask them, I’ll clarify anything I can

Some mods if it’s helpful/required
RDX fuel injectors
DC Headers
Greddy full Exhaust
Stock Intake manifold
Cold air intake
On the website for Ktuner, it states that a second gen RSX O2 is needed. I think that right there is your problem.
http://ktuner.com/rsx/

https://www.kseriesparts.com/DEN-234-9064.html

Last edited by mfarmakas17; 06-12-2018 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: included link
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #778
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
basically what he said. The 05-06 O2 sensor is a completely different kind of [wideband] sensor, so much so that people tend to refer to it as a narrowband. The 02-04 is a good ol' wideband, but doesn't work with Ktuner, because it doesn't work with the 05-06 ECU

Old 06-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #779
CazTypeS

CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CazTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So if I wanted to run a Wideband O2 sensor I’d have to find an 05/06 one? Do those AEM gauge/Sensor kits work? If I put a wideband in do I also need to replace my OEM O2 sensor or is it just an upgraded replacement?
CazTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #780
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazTypeS View Post
So if I wanted to run a Wideband O2 sensor Id have to find an 05/06 one? Do those AEM gauge/Sensor kits work? If I put a wideband in do I also need to replace my OEM O2 sensor or is it just an upgraded replacement?
Not sure on the AEM sensor, but I believe you would have to manually wire into your ecu (based on previous threads I read in regards to it).

However, I am sure that just buying an 05-06 sensor will be your easiest fix
Old 06-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #781
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I think if you want an AFR gauge, your easiest route is to just get the oem 05-06 O2 sensor and get Bluetooth on your Ktuner and run the TunerView app on Android phone
Old 06-25-2018, 05:46 AM   #782
Ashweethegrape

Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hi everyone! I'm fresh in the group but need your help. I recently bought a second hand ktuner enduser ecu. How do I tell whether it is an enduser and not just a reflash? Any help is appreciated.
Ashweethegrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #783
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashweethegrape View Post
Hi everyone! I'm fresh in the group but need your help. I recently bought a second hand ktuner enduser ecu. How do I tell whether it is an enduser and not just a reflash? Any help is appreciated.
There will be a daughterboard with a Mini USB port plugged into the motherboard of the ECU. You can see it by removing the lid from the ECU. Should look like the pic below, maybe with a different color daughterboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ktuner_ktuner-ecu2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	546253  
Old 06-25-2018, 06:20 PM   #784
Ashweethegrape

Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ashweethegrape is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thank you so much for your help. I did some research and found that I had most probably got the pre revision board judging by the colour. I can't wait to get stuck into tuning.
Ashweethegrape is offline   Reply With Quote