KproV4 02 Type-s - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-22-2018, 02:26 AM   #1
RichRed02

RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
KproV4 02 Type-s

So I just got KproV4 for my 02 RSX Type-S K20A2! Have Shortram intake, Skunk2 alpha header, HKS Hi-power 65mm exhaust. My question is I am running the "Toda header, intake, exhaust stock cams" base tune provided in the list. It seems to run good I just want to know if its safe to run this until I get it tuned?? which may be a month or so. Any other kpro base tunes to recommend? Should I just return it to stock calibration? I just don't wanna break something! Plus its says I should change my ground to the valve cover from the stock intake manifold... is that necessary? the stock location grounds directly to the cylinder head via intake manifold!??
Thanks in Advance
RichRed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2018, 12:58 AM   #2
RichRed02

RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RichRed02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Kpro Clibration?!!?

At this point, after that many views, and no input from anyone... nobody wants to give up their secrets!! Which is fine! I Will just have to figure it out!! Which I will!! Thanks anyway! DC5 FTW
Old 06-27-2018, 06:53 AM   #3
nahikian

nahikian User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
I don't think you will have any issues with that base tune. Especially since Hondata can put out reflashes that are fine for any aftermarket intake/header configuration. Tuning becomes critical when you have forced induction which greatly impacts the air/fuel ratio and is combined with much higher power output.
I am considering the KproV4 for my 02 RSX Type-S, but may settle for the reflash. I had the reflash in my previous 02 Type-S and it was a great improvement.
-- Stolen and stripped 6/1/17, bought shell from ins 8/4/17
-- Purchased replacement 2002 FRP RSX Type-S . . .
nahikian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The Toda reflash should be fine. You can always datalog and see if it's safe or just ask Hondata.

As for relocating the ground, it isn't necessary but it does provide a better ground, and it takes no more than a minute of your time. If you have a Hondata intake gasket, it is necessary.
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #5
RichRed02

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahikian View Post
I don't think you will have any issues with that base tune. Especially since Hondata can put out reflashes that are fine for any aftermarket intake/header configuration. Tuning becomes critical when you have forced induction which greatly impacts the air/fuel ratio and is combined with much higher power output.
I am considering the KproV4 for my 02 RSX Type-S, but may settle for the reflash. I had the reflash in my previous 02 Type-S and it was a great improvement.
Thanks for the info! The car seems to run Especially well in colder temps (of Course)!
It may be running a bit rich which hurts gas mileage and creates more carbon around the exhaust. I also have a 2002 RSXType-S FPR ! Love this car
Old 06-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
RichRed02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
The Toda reflash should be fine. You can always datalog and see if it's safe or just ask Hondata.

As for relocating the ground, it isn't necessary but it does provide a better ground, and it takes no more than a minute of your time. If you have a Hondata intake gasket, it is necessary.
Thanks for the reply. I have done some datalogs but I am not sure how to tell its "safe" just by that, I am not experienced. What should I look for?? The car runs good though after I upped the idle a tad. Is there someone/somewhere I can send my datalogs??
Old 06-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #7
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRed02 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have done some datalogs but I am not sure how to tell its "safe" just by that, I am not experienced. What should I look for?? The car runs good though after I upped the idle a tad. Is there someone/somewhere I can send my datalogs??
Honestly dude, I struggle myself. I have to refer to the tuning FAQ as well as beginners guides when I'm reviewing datalogs because I can't remember everything. They're written by an old member named Conrad. It's one of the stickies in the ECU tuning section. Lot's of info in the guys posts. The only thing I really concern myself with is knock count.

You can upload your datalogs in the ECU tuning section, and hopefully someone experienced with tuning may be able to tell you if the engine is in good running condition. I say hopefully because this forum isn't as active as it once was. Your other option would be to purchase an E-tune from an online vendor. You basically send datalogs to the tuner and they make adjustments on their end and send you back the tune. Usually consists of several exchanges via email before tuning is complete.
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote