ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 78 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-28-2017, 11:37 PM   #1926
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
No, you are correct, it was retarding IGN. I missed the (-)sign in front of the 6. So I noticed that IGN compensation we set to retard by 5 for med/high engine load at 175*F and fuel Compensation retards for another 8 degrees based on IAT. Are these compounded?

Also, Ive read the max IGN for Wot should not advance more than 23*. Still learning and trying to understand what the 11* means during the pull.
Advance of more than 23 is fine on a stock NA motor but yeah on boost it could be too much. Not sure though I've never tuned a boosted motor.
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #1927
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by all<dc5 View Post
Advance of more than 23 is fine on a stock NA motor but yeah on boost it could be too much. Not sure though I've never tuned a boosted motor.
makes sense. Slowly getting the hang of it and pretty much got my fuel sorted out. I think I have a good handle on IGN now and based on the feedback received, I fixed my changes that were not needed lol.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #1928
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Any one have any idea why, after running the same tune for 2 years with no problems, I would start to get 50-100 knock count ONLY in 5th gear WOT after 8k RPM? Gears 1-4 have 0 knock count all the way to redline. I even pulled back the timing a little after 8k RPM and also pulled some more back just for 5th gear. Still getting some knock.

It definitely seems like real knock and not phantom knock because this happened to my plugs

Only had 37k miles, but I do beat on the car a lot. Replaced them with a new set of OEM NGK plugs and still getting knock. What the fuck.
I'm by no means an expert, but did you figure this out? Could it be this...

Quote:
* Pre-Ignition
Pre-ignition almost always leads to detonation, but... pre-ignition also has a terrible habit of destroying motors. Pre-ignition is when the air/fuel mixture is ignited BEFORE the normal ignition point (dictated by ignition timing) by means other than the spark plug firing. Pre-ignition causes the piston to compress an expanding mixture, which causes a huge strain over a long period of time compared to detonation (which happens quickly and is over). The mixture usually detonates when pre-ignited. Potential ignition sources could be an overly hot combustion chamber, glowing carbon embers, a glowing spark plug, and any other residual heat in the combustion chamber that shouldn't be there. The problem with pre-ignition is you simply don't know if the detonation you are hearing is from pre-ignition until your motor blows. Rest assured, most detonation encountered is not from pre-ignition -- however, if your motor detonates enough, it could raise the combustion chambers so much that your engine pre-ignites, which tends to put the piston on the ground, and we all know that isn't where it goes, now is it! That is why you address detonation, in addition to the fact that severe detonation can damage the motor as well.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #1929
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
I'm by no means an expert, but did you figure this out? Could it be this...
Not sure. I was thinking maybe it was from the plugs being too hot, but I haven't had any confirmation as to whether or not I should get colder plugs just cause of the way I drive the car.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #1930
bluemonster

bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bluemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Tuning

Is it possible to tune your ECU without using a kpro reflash or a new ecu? I just want to know if I can just download a software onto my computer and tune my car manually with my stock ECU.
bluemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #1931
all<dc5
NA Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster View Post
Is it possible to tune your ECU without using a kpro reflash or a new ecu? I just want to know if I can just download a software onto my computer and tune my car manually with my stock ECU.
Not with these ECUs.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:59 PM   #1932
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster View Post
They didn't come out with a jailbreak for it yet
Old 11-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #1933
all<dc5
NA Today

Has any one used the autotune function new to Kmanager? I tried using it and followed the directions to a T, but for some reason it's not working properly. Literally will only make changes to columns 1 and 2 which are pretty much never used except when downshifting... And those changes seem to be random. I'll hear the adjustment beep being made when I'm accelerating and definitely no where near columns 1 and 2 with engine load.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #1934
Vencis

Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Vencis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Anyone have a stock base map for 05-06 Type S? Need it for smog for my 04 Type S since I have 05-06 cams in it.
Vencis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #1935
all<dc5
NA Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vencis View Post
Anyone have a stock base map for 05-06 Type S? Need it for smog for my 04 Type S since I have 05-06 cams in it.
There should be one on the list of available maps in Kmanager
Old 11-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #1936
all<dc5
NA Today

Bump on my question a few posts up ^^
Old 11-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #1937
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Has any one used the autotune function new to Kmanager? I tried using it and followed the directions to a T, but for some reason it's not working properly. Literally will only make changes to columns 1 and 2 which are pretty much never used except when downshifting... And those changes seem to be random. I'll hear the adjustment beep being made when I'm accelerating and definitely no where near columns 1 and 2 with engine load.
Per link, it's only Kpro v4.
http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager...e_settings.htm

I still have v3, but this feature looks awesome. Hopefully, you can get this resolved
Old 11-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #1938
all<dc5
NA Today

Quote:
Per link, it's only Kpro v4.
http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager...e_settings.htm

I still have v3, but this feature looks awesome. Hopefully, you can get this resolved
Yup I have v4
Old 07-13-2018, 11:41 PM   #1939
Electric_IceWolf
白いサメ - white shark

Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
hi all, ok so i've googled it and yea you can have a password protected kpro, however my question is actually, does the kpro have to be unlocked before i install it on my car? i would assume yes as i've had experience with flashpro, but since they are different technologies,
i was wondering if i should buy the kpro off this guy i know eventhough it isnt unlocked ?

honestly to me it would sound stupid for the tuner he went to , to say that the kpro doesn't have to be unlocked, but then how the hell can i use it?

does anyone have the answer? i will be buying from him tomorrow.

thanks in advance

Electric_IceWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:09 AM   #1940
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_IceWolf View Post
hi all, ok so i've googled it and yea you can have a password protected kpro, however my question is actually, does the kpro have to be unlocked before i install it on my car? i would assume yes as i've had experience with flashpro, but since they are different technologies,
i was wondering if i should buy the kpro off this guy i know eventhough it isnt unlocked ?

honestly to me it would sound stupid for the tuner he went to , to say that the kpro doesn't have to be unlocked, but then how the hell can i use it?

does anyone have the answer? i will be buying from him tomorrow.

thanks in advance
Think what he means is that it doesn't need to be unlocked because the actual tune is what's locked (by my understanding). The tuner probably doesn't want anyone having access to the calibration he charged this other guy for.
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #1941
Electric_IceWolf
白いサメ - white shark

Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Electric_IceWolf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Think what he means is that it doesn't need to be unlocked because the actual tune is what's locked (by my understanding). The tuner probably doesn't want anyone having access to the calibration he charged this other guy for.
ahhh... I see that makes sense. well i purchased it from him a couple hours ago, hes a very trustworthy guy ,
i bought stuff off him before.

so hopefully it works.

Thanks for your reply.

Electric_IceWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #1942
hellkat
OG

hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Failing miserably to find an answer and have been out of the game for quite a while. Can I simply uninstall my Kpro and re-install the stock ECU?

'05 JGM RSX-S

Injen CAI // K-Pro // KRRH // Innovative 60A // Thermal R&D 3"

197whp/158wtq before k-pro
hellkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #1943
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellkat View Post
Failing miserably to find an answer and have been out of the game for quite a while. Can I simply uninstall my Kpro and re-install the stock ECU?
Yes, why would you not be able to? You will need to the stock O2 also.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #1944
hellkat
OG

hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hellkat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by remyrounds View Post
Yes, why would you not be able to? You will need to the stock O2 also.
Thanks - for some reason I had it in my head from long ago it would be a pain in the ass to go back to my stock ECU. I couldn't find any resources pertaining to it, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

'05 JGM RSX-S

Old 07-26-2018, 12:54 PM   #1945
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellkat View Post
Thanks - for some reason I had it in my head from long ago it would be a pain in the ass to go back to my stock ECU. I couldn't find any resources pertaining to it, is there anything else I need to be aware of?
Not at all. Stock ECU, stock O2, Good to go.

I say this assuming you aren't boosted or cammed.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #1946
hellkat
OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by remyrounds View Post
Not at all. Stock ECU, stock O2, Good to go.

I say this assuming you aren't boosted or cammed.
Just bolt ons. Thank you so much man.

'05 JGM RSX-S

Old 10-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #1947
Dus71n

Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This is my first post on the forum, so here we go:

I have an 05 base RSX and a salvaged 04 Civic SI; would I be able to run 04 Civic SI ECU Kpro'ed in 05 base RSX by just swapping the intake manifold (TB,etc), EPS, and engine wire harness that go to the si ECU? Does the wire harness for the body (headlights, turn signals, etc) have similar pin out for the 05 base RSX and 04 Civic SI; do I have to use ep3 wire harness for climate controls and lights?

Any thoughts would be helpful; I don't want to buy another RSX ECU (an 02-04) to Kpro the 05 base and was hoping to work around this with 04 Civic SI ECU and whatnot
Dus71n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #1948
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dus71n View Post
This is my first post on the forum, so here we go:

I have an 05 base RSX and a salvaged 04 Civic SI; would I be able to run 04 Civic SI ECU Kpro'ed in 05 base RSX by just swapping the intake manifold (TB,etc), EPS, and engine wire harness that go to the si ECU? Does the wire harness for the body (headlights, turn signals, etc) have similar pin out for the 05 base RSX and 04 Civic SI; do I have to use ep3 wire harness for climate controls and lights?

Any thoughts would be helpful; I don't want to buy another RSX ECU (an 02-04) to Kpro the 05 base and was hoping to work around this with 04 Civic SI ECU and whatnot
I'm not sure about your question, but I can tell you to just get Ktuner and call it a day. No need to worry about a second ECU or wire harnesses. Just ship out your current ECU for labor and then plug it back into the vehicle.
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #1949
Dus71n

Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dus71n is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
I'm not sure about your question, but I can tell you to just get Ktuner and call it a day. No need to worry about a second ECU or wire harnesses. Just ship out your current ECU for labor and then plug it back into the vehicle.
Thanks for feedback

I hadn't considered Ktuner; I'm going to look into it.

The reason I asked this question was because the 05 base RSX Kpro requires you to use an 02-04 base RSX ECU since the 05 has a different chip than the rest.
Dus71n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #1950
Bigtkid14

Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
how can i use my macbook to hook up with kpro. Ive heard a parallel windows could work but not sure? anyone have knowledge on this?