KPRO Map Request (RBC) and questions, Dynotune $450? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
KPRO Map Request (RBC) and questions, Dynotune $450?

Hello
Admittedly I am new to KPRO. I have had it on the the shelf for a couple of years, it is the most current version.

I have an RBC I would like to install since I am doing the BIG3 upgrade I thought now might be the right time.

First Request: I am in need of a map with Injen CAI and RBC. I completely understand the car still needs to be tuned.

Second request: Will an Etune suffice? I was quoted $450.00 for a full dyno tune where I live and I just don't want to pony that amount of money up at this time, I am doing some other things to the car and have my money tied up elsewhere. Is that a good price?

KPRO is one area of the car I am unfamiliar with , I research the hello out of everything when it comes to this car, but have not yet crossed this path (now starting)

Any tips / info is appreciated!
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
TRedel

TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
VitViper is known to do great eTunes via KPro and other systems. You'll find the website via google.

I'm currently getting tuned by them.
TRedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
troye
Been Around for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRedel View Post
VitViper is known to do great eTunes via KPro and other systems. You'll find the website via google.

I'm currently getting tuned by them.

Thank you. I did read about them today. Cost is approx $300? Is it one tune and will it suffice instead of a full Dyno?

The shop that quoted me $450.00 said it was only one hour required. For that kind of money I want it to take longer LOL.

Then every time I add a mod it is another 300-450? Yikes that is expensivola

Old 03-05-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Check out Dardan Tuning or Speed Garage in Santee, CA. He's about $300 for a dyno tune. It will take him about 1-2hrs. He responds best on FB.
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:09 AM   #5
troye
Been Around for a while

Thanks! I will check him out for sure. I ended up putting the car back to stock, but its only a couple of hours to put the RBC on.

This sounds like what I was looking for.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #6
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by troye View Post
Hello
Admittedly I am new to KPRO. I have had it on the the shelf for a couple of years, it is the most current version.

I have an RBC I would like to install since I am doing the BIG3 upgrade I thought now might be the right time.

First Request: I am in need of a map with Injen CAI and RBC. I completely understand the car still needs to be tuned.

Second request: Will an Etune suffice? I was quoted $450.00 for a full dyno tune where I live and I just don't want to pony that amount of money up at this time, I am doing some other things to the car and have my money tied up elsewhere. Is that a good price?

KPRO is one area of the car I am unfamiliar with , I research the hello out of everything when it comes to this car, but have not yet crossed this path (now starting)

Any tips / info is appreciated!
Professional tune is always recommended, but as you stated it can get expensive to keep tweaking with each mod. I recommend gathering all mods to the best extent possible, install, then get a tune to mitigate this. Additionally, I highly recommend you install kmanager on your personal laptop and get familiar with it. They have preloaded calibrations that are good starting point and sometimes just right depending on your mods.

I've done eTune, dyno tune, and self tuning. I learned how to tweak my own tune based on spending money on a dyno tune and the car still didn't run right. eTune was the best bang for the buck and if you get someone reputable, the tuner will send as many revs to get the car running properly based on your baseline mods.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:03 AM   #7
troye
Been Around for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Professional tune is always recommended, but as you stated it can get expensive to keep tweaking with each mod. I recommend gathering all mods to the best extent possible, install, then get a tune to mitigate this. Additionally, I highly recommend you install kmanager on your personal laptop and get familiar with it. They have preloaded calibrations that are good starting point and sometimes just right depending on your mods.

I've done eTune, dyno tune, and self tuning. I learned how to tweak my own tune based on spending money on a dyno tune and the car still didn't run right. eTune was the best bang for the buck and if you get someone reputable, the tuner will send as many revs to get the car running properly based on your baseline mods.
Good info for sure. I typically over research and diy, I just don't have the time, I have spent WAY too much time in the garage the last 3-4 months and if I don't stop now my wife will not be around much longer lol. She is very patient and understanding but there is a limit.

But I completely agree the best approach and my preferred way of doing is to learn it myself. I think this round I will pay for a tune as I was able to find a reputable tuner for about 1/2 of the original price...that is do-able! Then next round if / when I add more mods by that time I should be more proficient.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:32 AM   #8
torresa009

torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx torresa009 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by troye View Post
Thanks! I will check him out for sure. I ended up putting the car back to stock, but its only a couple of hours to put the RBC on.

This sounds like what I was looking for.

+1 for dardantuned, looks like you're local wish to him. i drive close to 200 miles to get tuned by him. cool dude, reasonably priced.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #9
troye
Been Around for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by torresa009 View Post
+1 for dardantuned, looks like you're local wish to him. i drive close to 200 miles to get tuned by him. cool dude, reasonably priced.
Exactly. Following him on Instagram, really seems to know his stuff, impressive work and you can tell he has a passion for it.

It will be a few weeks but I am very much looking forward to it. I can see where it would be worth the drive. Thanks again!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #10
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member
Ill sell you my old rbc tune for $50 ^_^

Elevation was at ~830, cant remember humidity or temperature the day it was tuned.

(Im mostly kidding)
Old 03-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #11
hylander

hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ya, Dardan Tuning in Santee is a great place. I got his info from TB Motorworx in Lemon Grove.
hylander is offline   Reply With Quote