ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #76
Djuhnk
V engines are for Vginas

Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
-Quick Question
i just bought an Injen SRI and an Injen heatshield for my 05 type s. i was warned from some wrx buddies about my car running bad without a tune. i wanted to wait a little while to get the cat back and then tune it.

is it damaging to the engine to run a SRI without a tune, or is it going to run Rich/Lean

Thanks
Djuhnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #77
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuhnk View Post
-Quick Question
i just bought an Injen SRI and an Injen heatshield for my 05 type s. i was warned from some wrx buddies about my car running bad without a tune. i wanted to wait a little while to get the cat back and then tune it.

is it damaging to the engine to run a SRI without a tune, or is it going to run Rich/Lean

Thanks
it will run fine... the wrx is a mass air car, and i'm pretty sure runs a recicular valve. they can do something as small as going to an atmospherical bov and run like shit. a lot of mass air cars act like shitheads due to the mass air, some are pretty good with being adaptive though. the type s is a speed density car (map sensor.)
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #78
Grapes5
Grapes5

Grapes5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
id still like to know if my car will be safe to drive on a k24 kal? any info greatly appreciated

Mil
Grapes5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #79
Djuhnk
V engines are for Vginas

Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Djuhnk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesessiah View Post
it will run fine... the wrx is a mass air car, and i'm pretty sure runs a recicular valve. they can do something as small as going to an atmospherical bov and run like shit. a lot of mass air cars act like shitheads due to the mass air, some are pretty good with being adaptive though. the type s is a speed density car (map sensor.)
interesting.... Thanks much
Djuhnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #80
Grapes5
Grapes5

my question still remains unanswered. jus need to kno if its ok to drive my car with a k24a2 on a k24kal wit cams and 50deg vtc.......?
thank you in advance
Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #81
keto06
Deliverin Yo Pizza...

keto06 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
yea, but I wouldnt advance it that far until you can be sure it will be ok...but you can drive on one.
Free Hondata s300/KPro Help! PM Me! Best Way To Contact/Paypal=keto06@gmail.com "Stayin' Legal & Goin' Slow" Crew, RIP Always Playin' Reach Crew,
keto06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #82
Grapes5
Grapes5

rite on bruh
Old 08-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #83
MR_K20
Killin Em Softly

MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start
hello everyone,
so i have this kpro map and was wondering if someone could make it a tad less aggressive. the map is off another car with almost exact mods as me, but its pretty aggressive and i dont feel 100% safe with it like that, so i was hoping someone could help a brother out and adjust it a tad..
Attached Files
File Type: kal MR_K20 - i-rh-e-kpro-rbc.kal (48.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #84
keto06
Deliverin Yo Pizza...

that map looks familiar LOL. But seriously, use the k20a2 CAI cal and tune from there.
Free Hondata s300/KPro Help! PM Me! Best Way To Contact/Paypal=keto06@gmail.com "Stayin' Legal & Goin' Slow" Crew, RIP Always Playin' Reach Crew,

Last edited by keto06; 08-08-2009 at 01:43 AM..
Old 08-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #85
MR_K20
Killin Em Softly

MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start MR_K20 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by keto06 View Post
that map looks familiar LOL. But seriously, use the k20a2 CAI cal and tune from there.
i dont know how to tune..lolz
Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #86
jpirie817

jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
with the kpro, can it be tuned for topend or low end? is that an option?
jpirie817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #87
HardcoreRsxS
EFI Tuning Professional

HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road
with kpro, you can tune your whole engine (idle, part throttle, low cam, high cam). The performance depends on a vtc tune and the modifications.
HardcoreRsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #88
jpirie817

jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jpirie817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreRsxS View Post
with kpro, you can tune your whole engine (idle, part throttle, low cam, high cam). The performance depends on a vtc tune and the modifications.
I got my car tunes at Jotech, I don't know why he tuned it for no topend...it's like he tuned it for less than a 1/8th of a mile..........we kill'm out of the hole and half way down the track, then get cought by a half car at the end..............
Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #89
HardcoreRsxS
EFI Tuning Professional

HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road
you get what you paid for
Old 08-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #90
jpirie817

Quote:
you get what you paid for
great answer...........U got a better tuner? but befor u be an idiot and answer that question, u might wana check out Kenney Tran, he's the one who tuned my car........spent a grand there........... not to say why he tuned it soo low on the topend, but why would he detune it? he knew we were running and 1/8 of a mile track...........i seen on the screen 191 bhp.................then he backed it off to 187.....why?

Last edited by jpirie817; 08-09-2009 at 10:16 PM..
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #91
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirie817 View Post
great answer...........U got a better tuner? but befor u be an idiot and answer that question, u might wana check out Kenney Tran, he's the one who tuned my car........spent a grand there........... not to say why he tuned it soo low on the topend, but why would he detune it? he knew we were running and 1/8 of a mile track...........i seen on the screen 191 bhp.................then he backed it off to 187.....why?

What are your modifications?
magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #92
keto06
Deliverin Yo Pizza...

Quote:
A) A second run lost a few horsepower due to heat etc that sometimes happens between runs.

B) He reached a point where you made more power, but had knock, so he backed it off for safety.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #93
jpirie817

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnEsium View Post

What are your modifications?
ported, polished head,intake and TB. CAI. DC. header, Apex full exaust ....still have stock Cat.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #94
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
ported, polished head,intake and TB. CAI. DC. header, Apex full exaust ....still have stock Cat.
Give the cat away to the humane society

Do you have a shorty header, or a race header with the cat on it?

Numbers sound low for your mods, post a copy of your calibration file up

Last edited by magnEsium; 08-09-2009 at 11:51 PM..
magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #95
jpirie817

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnEsium View Post
Give the cat away to the humane society

Do you have a shorty header, or a race header with the cat on it?

Numbers sound low for your mods, post a copy of your calibration file up
forgot to add skunk cams.......my bad.....shorty header...........tintanium springs and inserts....stainless valves....

Last edited by jpirie817; 08-10-2009 at 12:02 AM..
Old 08-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #96
HardcoreRsxS
EFI Tuning Professional

Quote:
Let me ask you how much time was spent on the dyno? I highly doubt you spent a grand on the tune alone. Was a full vtc tune done?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #97
jpirie817

Quote:
Let me ask you how much time was spent on the dyno? I highly doubt you spent a grand on the tune alone. Was a full vtc tune done?
don't know what vtc. is........yes we spent a grand , took 3hous........that inludes sending off and recieving , installing Kpro..............
Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #98
jpirie817

Quote:
look if i tell u somthing then that's the way it is ! i'm not coming in here looking for help then to lie or mislead u......Jeeesh !!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #99
jpirie817

Quote:
forgot to add skunk cams.......my bad.....shorty header...........tintanium springs and inserts....stainless valves....
Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #100
keto06
Deliverin Yo Pizza...

Quote:
look if i tell u somthing then that's the way it is ! i'm not coming in here looking for help then to lie or mislead u......Jeeesh !!
<in almost a sing song like chant> Should have gone to T1....Should have gone to T1.