TL Picture Gallery! - Page 27 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Acura TL
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #651
BiggPinyot
Master Member

BiggPinyot is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32 View Post

My buddy's TL:

Man, I really need to buy an Aspec lip kit... So expensive!!! Haha. And I am tempted to follow lead on those fog lights.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
BiggPinyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #652
CLtotheTL32
UA6

CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
your buddys car looks better
Aye fukk yew mang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadRSX05 View Post
That purple car is hideous. How does anyone find that attractive?

Only recent photo I have of my car... lol
Evo9 wheels
The Grape Jelly TL-S is awesome. It's back to stock now but I got to see it in person at SEMA 2011. Your TL looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznKirby View Post
Those foglights are sick
I agree! They will make their way onto my car eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStrag3 View Post
. Car looks awesome. Great job.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggPinyot View Post
Man, I really need to buy an Aspec lip kit... So expensive!!! Haha. And I am tempted to follow lead on those fog lights.
It's not that expensive! The full kit goes for about $760 shipped from a vendor on Acurazine. If you just want the front lip, it goes for about $250 shipped.

I really need to get some adjustable ball joints for the front to correct the camber. I have 0 toe on all four corners but these specs are from when I had the 235s and I bumped down to a set of 215s.

2004 Acura TL - White Diamond Pearl/Parchment (Sold)
2001 Acura CL Type-S - Aegean Blue Pearl/Ebony (Sold)
CLtotheTL32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #653
BiggPinyot
Master Member

Quote:
It's not that expensive! The full kit goes for about $760 shipped from a vendor on Acurazine. If you just want the front lip, it goes for about $250 shipped.

I really need to get some adjustable ball joints for the front to correct the camber. I have 0 toe on all four corners but these specs are from when I had the 235s and I bumped down to a set of 215s.

That's too expensive for me right now. LOL. I wish I had that much money to blow. It's rough with a But eventually I will get the whole kit. I'm wondering if I should just do front and rear but leave the sides base. What do you think guys?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #654
BiggPinyot
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadRSX05 View Post
That purple car is hideous. How does anyone find that attractive?

Only recent photo I have of my car... lol

Evo9 wheels
To each their own bro. But you have to respect how much time, money, and work went into that car. I'm more function than form, but I do appreciate quality work. So what if it's stanced? We can still appreciate his work. And if you ever saw that car in person.... Wow...
Old 11-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #655
CLtotheTL32
UA6

CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CLtotheTL32 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
That's too expensive for me right now. LOL. I wish I had that much money to blow. It's rough with a But eventually I will get the whole kit. I'm wondering if I should just do front and rear but leave the sides base. What do you think guys?
I don't have children, yet I know how expensive they are haha. I've seen people do just the front and rear and it doesn't flow as well IMO. Then again, the front and the rear are the most important.

Acura is starting to phase out production of the A-Spec kit, especially for the Type-S, so you might as well try to get your hands on one while you can.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #656
guitarplayer16

guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Old 11-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #657
BiggPinyot
Master Member

Quote:
I don't have children, yet I know how expensive they are haha. I've seen people do just the front and rear and it doesn't flow as well IMO. Then again, the front and the rear are the most important.

Acura is starting to phase out production of the A-Spec kit, especially for the Type-S, so you might as well try to get your hands on one while you can.
That sucks. I knew they were doing it with the MM RSX, but I didn't know all of A-Spec in particular. Although they shouldn't do that because it's still making them money. I'm just wondering if Acura is still producing the RBP for the TL. It's rare to see the RBP with a full A Spec where I live. Looks like I need to start saving up.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #658
CLtotheTL32
UA6

Nice shot GP!

Quote:
That sucks. I knew they were doing it with the MM RSX, but I didn't know all of A-Spec in particular. Although they shouldn't do that because it's still making them money. I'm just wondering if Acura is still producing the RBP for the TL. It's rare to see the RBP with a full A Spec where I live. Looks like I need to start saving up.
I'm not sure if it's all of A-Spec in general, but I know you cannot get the ASM Type-S kit anymore, and there are one or two more colors that are almost out. I love RBP. Do it asap

Old 11-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #659
BiggPinyot
Master Member

Quote:
Nice shot GP!

I'm not sure if it's all of A-Spec in general, but I know you cannot get the ASM Type-S kit anymore, and there are one or two more colors that are almost out. I love RBP. Do it asap
I wish I could do it ASAP. But sadly my priorities aren't for this car. Hopefully I will be able to pick one up later on in life. I am getting parts slowly for the car. Not like how it was for my RSX. Oh well. Let's see how it goes. Are you running spacers on your wheels?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #660
CLtotheTL32
UA6

Quote:
I wish I could do it ASAP. But sadly my priorities aren't for this car. Hopefully I will be able to pick one up later on in life. I am getting parts slowly for the car. Not like how it was for my RSX. Oh well. Let's see how it goes. Are you running spacers on your wheels?
I hear you man! It sounds like you have your priorities straight and that's awesome

I have two sets of Ichiba V2 spacers on my car; 15mm front and 20mm rear.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #661
BiggPinyot
Master Member

Quote:
I hear you man! It sounds like you have your priorities straight and that's awesome

I have two sets of Ichiba V2 spacers on my car; 15mm front and 20mm rear.
Very nice. I wish I could put my wheels on already. But I have so much things I need to do before I can even get them on. I need to get them powder coated, get tires, lower my car... I'm not even close. Haha. Slowly but surely. My lovely wife got me a CAI. Too bad I can't get a by pass valve for it. Oh well. I just need to be super careful.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #662
Acura604

Acura604 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Love the acuras and miss my 02 RSX very much....but the TL-S 6MT makes up for it.

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #663
CLtotheTL32
UA6

Yum!

Old 11-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #664
BiggPinyot
Master Member

Very nice pick up. I wish I could have found a clean Type S. The one within my price range was kind of tore up. Interior and exterior. So sad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #665
ShaggyK20
JDM > USDM

ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShaggyK20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

HKS HI POWER EXHAUST / INJEN CAI / STRUP RACE HEADER / INN. 60A MOTORMOUNTS / D2 FULL COILOVERS
ShaggyK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #666
import_nation
black!

import_nation has disabled reputation

all nice and clean.
loves the creme
import_nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #667
CLtotheTL32
UA6

^So aggressive looking with the A-Spec kit

Old 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #668
scrachubut
Old member

scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Can I play . "10 TL technology package. With my 02 type S
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RSXLESSmember
scrachubut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #669
JStrag3
Banned

JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrachubut View Post
Can I play . "10 TL technology package. With my 02 type S
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
kinda tossing the idea around of getting a 3G TL.
JStrag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #670
scrachubut
Old member

scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx scrachubut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
kinda tossing the idea around of getting a 3G TL.
Car drives like a dream . I would recommend this car

RSXLESSmember
scrachubut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #671
CLtotheTL32
UA6

I've had mine for almost 6 years and nearly 90k miles. Minus a few issues, it's been a great car.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #672
JStrag3
Banned

JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JStrag3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
I've had mine for almost 6 years and nearly 90k miles. Minus a few issues, it's been a great car.
I'm worried about their transmission's though. What issues have you had?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #673
CLtotheTL32
UA6

Quote:
I'm worried about their transmission's though. What issues have you had?
The dash cracked soon after I bought it. I had to file a claim with corporate through my dealership and bickered with them for a few weeks. Ended up paying for parts (~$550) and corporate paid for labor (~$1500). Also, both rear calipers have seized and have been replaced twice.

Little stuff like a leaking CV boot, cup holder cover breaking, and interior squeaks/rattles have occurred, but that's bound to happen with the car having almost 137k miles.

As for the automatic transmission, it's advised that the 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches be replaced at ~40k intervals. Many members switch to a different ATF, but I've stuck with the Honda ATF and haven't had any issues. Some Acurazine members HAVE had automatic transmissions fail, on the "revised" 07-08 Base and Type-S models as well as the 04-06 models. Don't believe people when they say the 07-08 models are indestructible. The 6-speed manual transmissions are nearly bulletproof, minus a TSB for 3rd gear grinding and a forum recommended switch to General Motors Synchromesh Friction Modified fluid (#12377916).

It has a rather small fuel tank, but I average about 23mpg around town and 30-33mpg on the highway. Though I will admit that the TL is a thirsty bish in heavy stop-and-go traffic.

Things I Like:
-Styling
-Decent performance
-Interior room and comfort

Things I Don't Like:
-Rear seats don't fold down
-Interior squeaks and rattles
-Leather wear
-Paint mismatch between metal and plastic components

Hope that helps!

Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #674
JStrag3
Banned

That's awesome lol, thanks . Been lurking about Acurazine the past few days checking out common issues. Also checked out your progress thread . Thinking about taking one for a spin to see if I should make the switch. Seen a few cammed tl's, so it's nice to see there's a performance market for them.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #675
Conan O'Brien

Conan O'Brien is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
<insert bone stock silver 2008 type-S here>
2003 Acura RSX- RIP
Conan O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote