Turbo *Chat* Crank the Boost & Turn'er Loose - Page 40 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #976
Koreo
Master Member

Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life

|Full Race|Garrett|Tial|K-Teller|Hondata|Injector Dynamics|Hasport|Walboro|Competition Clutch|Enkei|Rokkor|Progress|Junk2|Mugen|Blox|Defi |AEM|Hawk|Clubrsx|
Koreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #977
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreo View Post
You still got the RSX?
Old 06-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #978
Koreo
Master Member

Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
You still got the RSX?
Spoiler:

|Full Race|Garrett|Tial|K-Teller|Hondata|Injector Dynamics|Hasport|Walboro|Competition Clutch|Enkei|Rokkor|Progress|Junk2|Mugen|Blox|Defi |AEM|Hawk|Clubrsx|

Last edited by Koreo; 06-19-2019 at 07:27 AM..

Old 06-19-2019, 07:24 AM   #979
DC5nv
sapnu puas

DC5nv gets around and is known
DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known
This dude forgot how to forum.
DC5nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #980
Koreo
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5nv View Post
This dude forgot how to forum.
Apparently. I fixed.

Anyone interested in turbo parts? 3in Vband exhaust. Full race IC with piping. AEM/DEFI gauges.

Last edited by Koreo; 06-19-2019 at 07:28 AM..
Old 06-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #981
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with
kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Alignment today...shit coming together.

Got to dial in my maps, but I think she's bout ready to eat

Looking at going stage II on the bimmer. BM3 with some downpipes, lil ethanol....550awhp daily. . Just got to figure a way to get it by the old lady. Haha
Old 06-25-2019, 09:52 AM   #982
02s2knick
Master Member

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
Alignment today...shit coming together.

Got to dial in my maps, but I think she's bout ready to eat [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/anim_headbang.gif[/IMG]

Looking at going stage II on the bimmer. BM3 with some downpipes, lil ethanol....550awhp daily. <a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/transport017.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Weeeeeeeeee" ></a>. Just got to figure a way to get it by the old lady. Haha
Out of curiosity have you ever looked into the ultra racing chassis bracing for your rsx?

It's a Slow day at work lol and decided to check out bracing since these cars are unibody like my jeep cherokee rock crawler. I've had to do a lot of bracing for it to eliminate body flex. When suspension is fully flexed out and you pop the rear hatch, you can see the entire body shift, its extremely difficult to impossible to shut the hatch in this situation. But after welding in unibody stiffeners the body dosent shift when hatch is opened.

After doing all the bracing to that unibody just thought I would check out what all the rsx needed if any.
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #983
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
Out of curiosity have you ever looked into the ultra racing chassis bracing for your rsx?

It's a Slow day at work lol and decided to check out bracing since these cars are unibody like my jeep cherokee rock crawler. I've had to do a lot of bracing for it to eliminate body flex. When suspension is fully flexed out and you pop the rear hatch, you can see the entire body shift, its extremely difficult to impossible to shut the hatch in this situation. But after welding in unibody stiffeners the body dosent shift when hatch is opened.

After doing all the bracing to that unibody just thought I would check out what all the rsx needed if any.
I never added any chassis bracing to my RSX back when I had it but I added the full catalog of Cusco underbody braces to my STI and it made a hell of a difference in feel. The car just seems to track straighter, far less flex and much more predictable in corners.

Last edited by Turpid Porpoise; 06-25-2019 at 10:11 AM..
Turpid Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 AM   #984
02s2knick
Master Member

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Quote:

I never added any chassis bracing to my RSX back when I had it but I added the full catalog of Cusco underbody braces to my STI and it made a hell of a difference in feel. The car just seems to track straighter, far less flex and much more predictable in corners.
All the bracings I've seen look easy to build as long as you have access to a bender, saw, and welder. Which I do. I think I'm going to start building some pieces like the inside fender brace.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #985
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
I miss having my welder.
Shouldn't have sold it
Old 06-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #986
DreamDC5
Master Member

DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
All the bracings I've seen look easy to build as long as you have access to a bender, saw, and welder. Which I do. I think I'm going to start building some pieces like the inside fender brace.
have some super sweet bracing for sale... a carbing front strut bar, ultra racing lower side bars. if ur looking.
DreamDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:33 AM   #987
02s2knick
Master Member

Anyone ever messed around with this for there fuel pick up? Looks promising for dual 044s.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #988
02s2knick
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDC5 View Post
have some super sweet bracing for sale... a carbing front strut bar, ultra racing lower side bars. if ur looking.
I've looked at your lower side bars for sale thread many times and thought on it.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-28-2019, 08:35 AM   #989
DreamDC5
Master Member

DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
I've looked at your lower side bars for sale thread many times and thought on it.
make an offer.... and that BEATRUSH interior floor bar if u had seen that...
Old 06-28-2019, 09:14 AM   #990
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Anyone ever messed around with this for there fuel pick up? Looks promising for dual 044s.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/
Nice. I just redid my walbro 450 mounting. Pickup is in the rear now, about a 40 angle. I can hit boost on 1/4 tank now...before pressure would drop.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:29 AM   #991
02s2knick
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
Nice. I just redid my walbro 450 mounting. Pickup is in the rear now, about a 40 angle. I can hit boost on 1/4 tank now...before pressure would drop.

nice!

Ive been doing a LOT of reading past couple of days on fuel pickup. I assume you ditched the plastic cage?
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #992
02s2knick
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDC5 View Post
make an offer.... and that BEATRUSH interior floor bar if u had seen that...
I will think on it and get back to you on the lower side bars. Will check out that floor bar. Ive been considering building the floor bar, and several other components.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #993
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
nice!

Ive been doing a LOT of reading past couple of days on fuel pickup. I assume you ditched the plastic cage?
Oh yeah. Chop topped the bottom half so that the filter isn't directly on tank floor. I might have some pics somewhere
Old 06-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #994
DreamDC5
Master Member

Quote:
I will think on it and get back to you on the lower side bars. Will check out that floor bar. Ive been considering building the floor bar, and several other components.
Building your own would be more rewarding and probably stiffer, since you could weld all kinds of extra reinforcement points. Either way, best of luck on your build!
Old 06-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #995
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

I havent personally used it but I know a guy who uses it in corvette applications where the pumps mount in the side of the tank facing the front of the car so fuel sloshes away from the pick up under acceleration. He seems to have great results
Old 07-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #996
02s2knick
Master Member

02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 07-01-2019, 10:46 AM   #997
02s2knick
Master Member

Quote:
I havent personally used it but I know a guy who uses it in corvette applications where the pumps mount in the side of the tank facing the front of the car so fuel sloshes away from the pick up under acceleration. He seems to have great results
That's good to hear. Will probably be going this route then.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 07-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #998
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam