ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 80 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2019, 09:53 PM   #1976
all<dc5
NA Today
 
all<dc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (4)
all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this...

I managed to keep my WOT AFR between 12.8-13.1 from 2000-7000 (A3) in 3rd gear, but I'm showing larger variances in other gears. Anywhere from high 11's to mid 13's. Is this normal with K series motors, or do I have a super secret problem waiting to bite me in the ass?

It's just a plain old A3 w/bolt ons paired to the auto tranny, tuned by Tkane on Ktuner with adjustments to the WOT columns made by me.
You can set WOT to closed loop now with Kpro. At least with V4, not sure about the older versions.
__________________
Show off thread:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...945&highlight=
'03 RSX-S I/H/E/Kpro
'03 Tacoma PreRunner V6 ExtraCab
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:58 PM   #1977
all<dc5
NA Today
 
all<dc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (4)
all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelatedAf View Post
I've tried to do that but the "download" button is greyed out. Even when I load a base map and try to upload it, the upload button is greyed out and i can't seem to figure out why.
I think I had a similar issue when I upgraded to v4 but I think what I had to do cleared the calibration from the ECU. Wasn't an issue for me since I already had it saved. Let me know if you're willing to do that and I'll look in Kmanager and see if I can remember what I did
__________________
Show off thread:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...945&highlight=
'03 RSX-S I/H/E/Kpro
'03 Tacoma PreRunner V6 ExtraCab
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:17 PM   #1978
mfarmakas17
Senior Member
 
mfarmakas17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 802
iTrader: (0)
mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by all<dc5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this...

I managed to keep my WOT AFR between 12.8-13.1 from 2000-7000 (A3) in 3rd gear, but I'm showing larger variances in other gears. Anywhere from high 11's to mid 13's. Is this normal with K series motors, or do I have a super secret problem waiting to bite me in the ass?

It's just a plain old A3 w/bolt ons paired to the auto tranny, tuned by Tkane on Ktuner with adjustments to the WOT columns made by me.
You can set WOT to closed loop now with Kpro. At least with V4, not sure about the older versions.
Any idea if the “WOT Enrichment” tab on Ktuner is the same? I fucked with it once and noticed it remained in closed loop while maintaining the desired AFR.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #1979
all<dc5
NA Today
 
all<dc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (4)
all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Any idea if the “WOT Enrichment” tab on Ktuner is the same? I fucked with it once and noticed it remained in closed loop while maintaining the desired AFR.
I'm not familiar with Ktuner, sorry
__________________
Show off thread:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...945&highlight=
'03 RSX-S I/H/E/Kpro
'03 Tacoma PreRunner V6 ExtraCab
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:37 PM   #1980
PixelatedAf
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)
PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PixelatedAf is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by all<dc5 View Post
I think I had a similar issue when I upgraded to v4 but I think what I had to do cleared the calibration from the ECU. Wasn't an issue for me since I already had it saved. Let me know if you're willing to do that and I'll look in Kmanager and see if I can remember what I did
I've been playing around with it and I think that it might be because my Kpro is on V3 but my software is V4. I've been really busy with work so I haven't had much time to play with it. I guess I'm okay with clearing the calibration as long as I can get it to run. I'll probably take it to get tuned when I get it running.
Thanks for the help!
PixelatedAf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #1981
nikm1019
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)
nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelatedAf View Post
I've been playing around with it and I think that it might be because my Kpro is on V3 but my software is V4. I've been really busy with work so I haven't had much time to play with it. I guess I'm okay with clearing the calibration as long as I can get it to run. I'll probably take it to get tuned when I get it running.

Thanks for the help!


That makes sense.

Wonder if you could find an old v3 software version.
Then you could pull the cal then use v4 to re upload possibly. That way you don’t completely lose your tune.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nikm1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:45 AM   #1982
jennyftb
New Member
 
jennyftb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Culpeper VA
Posts: 19
iTrader: (1)
jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hello, Does anyone have the correct calibration data for the factory coolant temp sensor on the K20A2 for use on AEM Infinity? I am using the "out of the box" calibration and I believe it is off some. Thanks!
jennyftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:06 PM   #1983
nikm1019
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)
nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Deleted IACV.

Car won’t idle now just stalls unless I let rpm down gently it will idle around 400.

Idle is set to 900 in kmanager.

Does kmanager not set the idle when you delete IACV?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nikm1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:56 AM   #1984
rushdylan
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: hesperia, ca
Posts: 106
iTrader: (0)
rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Now your idle is based on your throttle angle. Tighten up the throttle cable to your desired RPM and adjust fuel if necessary
rushdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #1985
nhbp.rsx
Member
 
nhbp.rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Toronto
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Few days after I installed my race header I got CEL P0171 I think it was, Running lean bank 1.

My question is... Is buying kpro or reflash the only way to fix the air/fuel. If I buy Kpro I wouldn't trust my self to try to mess with the ecu settings myself. Is there pre-made tunes I could load or just find a tuner & get him to do everything.

Currently only running rHeader/Exhaust.
Running without a tune for 3 weeks now, the CEL only came up 2-3 times
nhbp.rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:08 PM   #1986
mfarmakas17
Senior Member
 
mfarmakas17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 802
iTrader: (0)
mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbp.rsx View Post
Few days after I installed my race header I got CEL P0171 I think it was, Running lean bank 1.

My question is... Is buying kpro or reflash the only way to fix the air/fuel. If I buy Kpro I wouldn't trust my self to try to mess with the ecu settings myself. Is there pre-made tunes I could load or just find a tuner & get him to do everything.

Currently only running rHeader/Exhaust.
Running without a tune for 3 weeks now, the CEL only came up 2-3 times
Is buying kpro or reflash the only way to fix the air/fuel

- yes or Ktuner

Is there pre-made tunes I could load or just find a tuner & get him to do everything

- there are several basemaps/reflashes available on both platforms, but getting tuned will provide you with the best results.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #1987
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
 
IronGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Posts: 2,173
iTrader: (6)
IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yes you should get Ktuner for 05-06, if you want it to be way cheaper

I am surprised you got a lean CEL for running a header though. The stock tune is so rich that usually this is only a problem if you have intake-only reflash, and even then, not always. You must have the best exhaust combo ever! lol

When does it happen, if you pick a high gear and floor it for a long time?
__________________
Jesus is Life
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:43 PM   #1988
nhbp.rsx
Member
 
nhbp.rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Toronto
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Is buying kpro or reflash the only way to fix the air/fuel

- yes or Ktuner

Is there pre-made tunes I could load or just find a tuner & get him to do everything

- there are several basemaps/reflashes available on both platforms, but getting tuned will provide you with the best results.
Alright, the Kpro is pretty pricey & I feel like I'll be diving into an ocean of options & possibly more problems downt he road (but I guess at least i'd be able to get it tuned however)

from my little understanding, Ktuner is the reflash & it's just reflashed based on my current mods right? (header / exhaust) & When I mix up my setup I'll have to get another reflash correct?

Another question, i guess would mainly depend on my tune but do most people end up switching to a better gas premium after their tunes? (ikno everyone has different cars, trim levels, mods, tunes etc..) but generally do most people switch up? I've only filled regular gas since it's a base model & I didn't do anything with the car for 3 years.


*As for Kpro I need a 02-04 ECU & the primary 02 sensor? what happens to my current ecu? or am I misunderstanding something *

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
Yes you should get Ktuner for 05-06, if you want it to be way cheaper

I am surprised you got a lean CEL for running a header though. The stock tune is so rich that usually this is only a problem if you have intake-only reflash, and even then, not always. You must have the best exhaust combo ever! lol

When does it happen, if you pick a high gear and floor it for a long time?
Ktuner would be nice because cheaper, is it easier to get things setup? (I research and then forget most of the info )

2005 base 5spd with a heavy 270k on her.

I can't remember the last two times I got a CEL, but the first time me & a friend were going to drive out real far to pick up some used OZ wheels & sometime before we headed up there I got the Code P0171 (s/o to my new friend dennis with the scanner) anyways on the way back the light came off.

Other two times I'm not sure, but if I remember right, I think it was fine the next day.

I'm running K-Tuned race header & the matching 3" exhaust, so I think air is flowing real nice **stock airbox tho **

I can floor it WOT 1st, 2nd, 3rd & no code. Few pulls on the highway, rode 3rd gear all the way & 4th (in mexico) & I never notice a code (hoping it stays that way)

Last edited by nhbp.rsx; 07-03-2019 at 11:48 PM..
nhbp.rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #1989
mfarmakas17
Senior Member
 
mfarmakas17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 802
iTrader: (0)
mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbp.rsx View Post
Alright, the Kpro is pretty pricey & I feel like I'll be diving into an ocean of options & possibly more problems downt he road (but I guess at least i'd be able to get it tuned however)

from my little understanding, Ktuner is the reflash & it's just reflashed based on my current mods right? (header / exhaust) & When I mix up my setup I'll have to get another reflash correct?

Another question, i guess would mainly depend on my tune but do most people end up switching to a better gas premium after their tunes? (ikno everyone has different cars, trim levels, mods, tunes etc..) but generally do most people switch up? I've only filled regular gas since it's a base model & I didn't do anything with the car for 3 years.


*As for Kpro I need a 02-04 ECU & the primary 02 sensor? what happens to my current ecu? or am I misunderstanding something *



Ktuner would be nice because cheaper, is it easier to get things setup? (I research and then forget most of the info )

2005 base 5spd with a heavy 270k on her.

I can't remember the last two times I got a CEL, but the first time me & a friend were going to drive out real far to pick up some used OZ wheels & sometime before we headed up there I got the Code P0171 (s/o to my new friend dennis with the scanner) anyways on the way back the light came off.

Other two times I'm not sure, but if I remember right, I think it was fine the next day.

I'm running K-Tuned race header & the matching 3" exhaust, so I think air is flowing real nice **stock airbox tho **

I can floor it WOT 1st, 2nd, 3rd & no code. Few pulls on the highway, rode 3rd gear all the way & 4th (in mexico) & I never notice a code (hoping it stays that way)
You can have either a reflash, or a fully tuneable ECU with Ktuner (End User). The Ktuner reflash isn't specific to any bolt ons, at least the one that comes with the software. I know Turbogixxer offered an I/H/E reflash, but I don't know about other dealers.

You don't need to run higher octane fuel unless the tune calls for it, like Hondata's 89 and 91 octane tune for the base. I use 91 octane just because I know the ignition has been advanced and our cars can knock on the stock calibration in high ambient temps. I doubt it's necessary, but I don't mind a couple extra dollars at the pump for peace of mind. Top end seems to like it too.

If you were to get Kpro, you would get the first gen ECU and do whatever you want with the stock one. If you have to smog bi-annually, keep it for emissions.

There isn't anything to set up really. You just plug in your ECU, connect it to your laptop, register it, and upload your calibration.

I recommend no more WOT until you get your fuel squared away. It's your car of course, but I see problems in your near future with mileage that high and throwing a lean code.

Last edited by mfarmakas17; 07-04-2019 at 06:21 PM..
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #1990
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
 
IronGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Posts: 2,173
iTrader: (6)
IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I think Ktuner (End User) is the path of least resistance (including money)

Also, I wanted to note that it came to my attention that bad/old/clogged fuel pump/filter could cause a lean condition, especially under max demand. Does it whine excessively at all? Could be on its way out
__________________
Jesus is Life
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #1991
meman4567
New Member
 
meman4567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)
meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx meman4567 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Kpro V4 Advice

I've got a 2002 Type-s with the skunk 2 alpha header, injen short ram intake, and a borla catback. I've been exploring the K-pro (v4) software, but im having trouble picking out the best basemap with the stock injectors. For anyone with a similar setup or would just know, which map should I use on my calibration? Thanks.
meman4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #1992
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
 
IronGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Posts: 2,173
iTrader: (6)
IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
People have posted that you probably want to run the "Stock K20A2 with cold-air intake, dyno tuned" to start. It's too bad the Toda header one has the VTEC set at 3000rpm. Idk why it doesn't just come with a RH basemap that works for most people.

BTW, which basemaps are you finding with bigger injectors? Yours should be 310cc (base RSX is 270cc)
__________________
Jesus is Life
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #1993
mfarmakas17
Senior Member
 
mfarmakas17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 802
iTrader: (0)
mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this...

I managed to keep my WOT AFR between 12.8-13.1 from 2000-7000 (A3) in 3rd gear, but I'm showing larger variances in other gears. Anywhere from high 11's to mid 13's. Is this normal with K series motors, or do I have a super secret problem waiting to bite me in the ass?

It's just a plain old A3 w/bolt ons paired to the auto tranny, tuned by Tkane on Ktuner with adjustments to the WOT columns made by me.
For anyone else experiencing a similar situation, check for an exhaust leak. My problem ended up being a cracked header.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #1994
all<dc5
NA Today
 
all<dc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (4)
all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by meman4567 View Post
I've got a 2002 Type-s with the skunk 2 alpha header, injen short ram intake, and a borla catback. I've been exploring the K-pro (v4) software, but im having trouble picking out the best basemap with the stock injectors. For anyone with a similar setup or would just know, which map should I use on my calibration? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
People have posted that you probably want to run the "Stock K20A2 with cold-air intake, dyno tuned" to start. It's too bad the Toda header one has the VTEC set at 3000rpm. Idk why it doesn't just come with a RH basemap that works for most people.

BTW, which basemaps are you finding with bigger injectors? Yours should be 310cc (base RSX is 270cc)
IronGumby's right, the stock K20A2 with cold air intake, dyno tuned basemap is a good place to start for you.
__________________
Show off thread:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...945&highlight=
'03 RSX-S I/H/E/Kpro
'03 Tacoma PreRunner V6 ExtraCab
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:09 PM   #1995
nhbp.rsx
Member
 
nhbp.rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Toronto
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
You can have either a reflash, or a fully tuneable ECU with Ktuner (End User). The Ktuner reflash isn't specific to any bolt ons, at least the one that comes with the software. I know Turbogixxer offered an I/H/E reflash, but I don't know about other dealers.

You don't need to run higher octane fuel unless the tune calls for it, like Hondata's 89 and 91 octane tune for the base. I use 91 octane just because I know the ignition has been advanced and our cars can knock on the stock calibration in high ambient temps. I doubt it's necessary, but I don't mind a couple extra dollars at the pump for peace of mind. Top end seems to like it too.

If you were to get Kpro, you would get the first gen ECU and do whatever you want with the stock one. If you have to smog bi-annually, keep it for emissions.

There isn't anything to set up really. You just plug in your ECU, connect it to your laptop, register it, and upload your calibration.

I recommend no more WOT until you get your fuel squared away. It's your car of course, but I see problems in your near future with mileage that high and throwing a lean code.
I'll keep that in mind for WOT, i've been doing pulls every now & then, few races against my buddy's mini

I wasn't sure what you guy were talking about when you mentioned the end user but after looking on the ktuner site I understand a little more now. the Ktuner in-ECU (End User) is what seems like the best bet. It seems like KPro & this Ktuner inEcu(EU) do almost the same thing does it not? Few people have recommended Kpro in the past.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
I think Ktuner (End User) is the path of least resistance (including money)

Also, I wanted to note that it came to my attention that bad/old/clogged fuel pump/filter could cause a lean condition, especially under max demand. Does it whine excessively at all? Could be on its way out
Leaning toward Ktuner.

I've never touched the fuel pump/filter since I've bought the car @ 230k kms I was actually thinking this same thing with my fuel injectors.

Not sure if it's the same thing but I find my car to be lacking acceleration, I feel like I have to slam on the gas just to merge onto the highway or just even over take in the right lane at the lights... after driving my friends mini cooper, the throttle response is always great in every gear. I know it's a completely different car but I'd like to have that type of acceleration or even *Better than what I have now. I feel like I get most of my torque when I drop into 2nd around 3.5-4.5 rpms.

The tune will help with faster acceleration? maybe ditching the plastic intake manifold for the type-s RBC?

thank you for the help guys
nhbp.rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:24 PM   #1996
mfarmakas17
Senior Member
 
mfarmakas17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 802
iTrader: (0)
mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbp.rsx View Post
I'll keep that in mind for WOT, i've been doing pulls every now & then, few races against my buddy's mini

I wasn't sure what you guy were talking about when you mentioned the end user but after looking on the ktuner site I understand a little more now. the Ktuner in-ECU (End User) is what seems like the best bet. It seems like KPro & this Ktuner inEcu(EU) do almost the same thing does it not? Few people have recommended Kpro in the past.




Leaning toward Ktuner.

I've never touched the fuel pump/filter since I've bought the car @ 230k kms I was actually thinking this same thing with my fuel injectors.

Not sure if it's the same thing but I find my car to be lacking acceleration, I feel like I have to slam on the gas just to merge onto the highway or just even over take in the right lane at the lights... after driving my friends mini cooper, the throttle response is always great in every gear. I know it's a completely different car but I'd like to have that type of acceleration or even *Better than what I have now. I feel like I get most of my torque when I drop into 2nd around 3.5-4.5 rpms.

The tune will help with faster acceleration? maybe ditching the plastic intake manifold for the type-s RBC?

thank you for the help guys
It's lacking acceleration because it's an A3 with long gears. The tune will help in every aspect, but it won't feel like your friend's mini lol. Keep your plastic manifold. It uses long narrow runners until 4700 rpms, and then switches to short wider runners until redline. You'd lose torque with the RBC, and I think it would only make more power in the top end, which we don't have much of due to the 6800 rpm rev limiter.

Start with getting a tune and see how it feels after that.

Last edited by mfarmakas17; 07-31-2019 at 08:26 PM..
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:01 PM   #1997
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
 
IronGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Posts: 2,173
iTrader: (6)
IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
. Also, nhbp.rsx, the Type S intake mani is the PRB. PRC is the Type R. RBC is the Civic Si. But regardless, mfarmakas is right.

You need a tune to feel that header working! Or at least get the most out of it. As long as it's not a shorty
__________________
Jesus is Life
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #1998
nhbp.rsx
Member
 
nhbp.rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Toronto
Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)
nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nhbp.rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks the info guys, I was going to go with Ktuner but I got one more question.

If you go with Hondata's K-Pro & I find a 02-04 ECU(Not sure how easy or hard this will be tbh), I'd be able to keep my original ECU laying around incase I'd want to re-use it if the car was to be sold or something along the lines? Does it work like that? Freely swapping out ecu's & going back to stock?

There was a big sale on Ktuner & Kpro last week I should have hopped on that Ktuner, would have saved a bit of money smh...

RN Ktuner would be 680, & KPro 1100 Canadian, currently too broke to buy anything for now. Had to cough up some cash here & there, and then go tot a shop to cut out seized lower bolts from my struts for the rear coilovers & then alignment
nhbp.rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #1999
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
 
IronGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Posts: 2,173
iTrader: (6)
IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The major hiccup/hurdle/problem with having multiple ECU's is that you have to have them reprogrammed to your immobilizer to switch each time, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

If you really wanted Kpro you will need the ECU wiring harness adapter and the 02-04 primary oxygen sensor too
__________________
Jesus is Life
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:22 AM   #2000
all<dc5
NA Today
 
all<dc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (4)
all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbp.rsx View Post
Thanks the info guys, I was going to go with Ktuner but I got one more question.

If you go with Hondata's K-Pro & I find a 02-04 ECU(Not sure how easy or hard this will be tbh), I'd be able to keep my original ECU laying around incase I'd want to re-use it if the car was to be sold or something along the lines? Does it work like that? Freely swapping out ecu's & going back to stock?

There was a big sale on Ktuner & Kpro last week I should have hopped on that Ktuner, would have saved a bit of money smh...

RN Ktuner would be 680, & KPro 1100 Canadian, currently too broke to buy anything for now. Had to cough up some cash here & there, and then go tot a shop to cut out seized lower bolts from my struts for the rear coilovers & then alignment
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
The major hiccup/hurdle/problem with having multiple ECU's is that you have to have them reprogrammed to your immobilizer to switch each time, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

If you really wanted Kpro you will need the ECU wiring harness adapter and the 02-04 primary oxygen sensor too
You can swap ECUs like that, but IronGumby is right in that the O2 sensor is supposed to be changed as well.

The immobilizer is not so much of an issue. With Kpro you can just disable the immobilizer. That sounds like a security issue, but from what I've seen it's pretty easy for thieves to get past the immobilizer anyway. My RSX was stolen with the immobilizer ENABLED and I was lucky enough to get the vehicle back in mostly one piece. Now the immobilizer is disabled, but I don't care because I have a real security system on the car now.

So you could just leave the immobilizer programmed to your original 05-06 ECU and if you ever decide to put that back in you will have the immobilizer still compatible and enabled with that ECU
__________________
Show off thread:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...945&highlight=
'03 RSX-S I/H/E/Kpro
'03 Tacoma PreRunner V6 ExtraCab
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
connected , ctsc , ecu , gage , inspection , knock , kpro , passing , pod , question , questions , reflash , replacing , tuning

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Privacy Policy  |  Disclaimer Notice
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2012, Club RSX, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
This website is owned and operated by Club RSX, Inc.
Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX are not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc.